ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Vigin media limiting accounts (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/698616-vigin-media-limiting-accounts.html)

stevebt 06 July 2008 07:44 PM

Vigin media limiting accounts

Are vigin media limiting the download limits constantly ? I know it usually apllies between 4pm till 12, but toady I downloaded some stuff and my internet conection was limited from 10am onwards ! I am still downloading stuff now that should of been done long ago. If this is a permanent limiting thing I think it is now time virgin media lost my business :)

Dr.No 06 July 2008 08:00 PM

Yes, it's virtually all day now - but different limits apply (IIRC from 10am til 3pm, and then 4pm til 9pm- dunno about the 3pm til 4pm gap)...

..so you're possibly still unlimited between 9pm and 10am.

It's all on the VM website, I was reading through it a few days ago. Ah, found it here: Traffic management

Can't say I'm massively happy about it either!

DN

stevebt 06 July 2008 08:22 PM

I pay £35 a month for a virgin media account to limit my down loads, I can buy a bt line and get 02 unlimited plus sky tv for about the same cash and that way I can have 2 internet connections, have a bt line and have sky tv ?? :) I must be mad for paying virgin this cash ??? I will be looking into swapping very soon

bob269 06 July 2008 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 7987825)
I pay £35 a month for a virgin media account to limit my down loads, I can buy a bt line and get 02 unlimited plus sky tv for about the same cash and that way I can have 2 internet connections, have a bt line and have sky tv ?? :) I must be mad for paying virgin this cash ??? I will be looking into swapping very soon

Is £35 for internet and tv or just internet, if just the internet ring them and tell them to change it, they now do it for £20 per month, if they don't just threaten to cancel.

stevebt 07 July 2008 06:28 PM

Its £35 just for the internet

pimmo2000 08 July 2008 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 7987825)

"Information just came in actually. Apparently all the usernames I supplied to Trend are being shaped deliberately for being heavy users. I have been advised that you should contact the FUP team for further advice.

I am aware that many of you have already called them, I would suggest talking to them again. As an example I know that Robert has not been experiencing any issues, if you would oblige us maybe you could call them and ask if you are being managed as a result of high usage.

--

Regards,

Brian

Internet Services from BT
Newsgroups Support"