ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hamster & May to leave top gear (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/698246-hamster-and-may-to-leave-top-gear.html)

mart360 04 July 2008 08:39 PM

Hamster & May to leave top gear

Trouble in the camp according to reports

Hammond and May to leave Top Gear? - Car News | MSN Cars UK

hope it dosent happen

Mart

richie001 04 July 2008 08:42 PM

hope not :(

spireite 04 July 2008 08:45 PM

can't see it ,hammond would probably get a lesser payed tv job ,but who would employ may

Moley 04 July 2008 08:47 PM

This story was doing the rounds 2-3 years ago.

Jamz3k 04 July 2008 08:48 PM

James May is fantastic at presenting programmes, unfortunately Hammond is just JC's lap dog, i can't stand him to be honest

Petem95 04 July 2008 08:53 PM

Top Gear has just become so massive that they'd be stupid not to throw their weight around a bit and follow JC's example of getting a better package.

The format is gold in that the audience is young/old, petrol-heads/people who aren't really interested in cars - it covers everyone. No doubt they'll sign up and the BBC will up their salaries significantly.

Funkii Munkii 04 July 2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by BigJay (Post 7984220)
James May is fantastic at presenting programmes, unfortunately Hammond is just JC's lap dog, i can't stand him to be honest

I couldn't agree more, JC's unfunny bitch, sadly I heard he was being lined up for BBC's F1 commentary team, please no, you wait all these years for it to be back on the beeb and then they go an ruin it with that annoying little ****, hopefully a misinformed rumour.

I'll miss May though, a good all round presenter and very witty.

chrisowe 04 July 2008 09:54 PM

Well if they'll need a replacement I will be more than happy to offer my services, in fact I will do it for free.:D

Dan W 04 July 2008 09:58 PM

Hammond - wash your mouth out!

EddScott 04 July 2008 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 7984216)
This story was doing the rounds 2-3 years ago.

Agreed. JC does this every year to up his share and I'm quite sure May and Hammond are doing the same.

Its highly unlikely the BBC will want to risk losing one of the premier programs and lose the program they sell the most round the world just because the lads want more money?

Quite sure of further series with all 3.

Volks 04 July 2008 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by spireite (Post 7984211)
but who would employ may

James May was a quality journalist for many years before Top Gear put him on TV. His `England Made Me` columns in Car magazine a few years back were sublime.

Hammond is just a poster boy to attract females to TG, his background is in local radio FFS!

Luminous 04 July 2008 10:27 PM

I like Hammond, I just don't get why there are some Hammond bashers out there. I find him entertaining, and love the banter between him and Clarkson. May adds nice balance, so it does need all three of them.

Hammond on F1 commentary could be amusing, lets hope he is not doing the techie bits. For general show presentation I think he could do a good job.

DCR59 04 July 2008 10:33 PM

David Coulthard is being lined up for the techie bits when BBC get F1 back next year.

Luminous 04 July 2008 11:26 PM

I like the sound of having DC to commentate. He is always good to listen to, shame he was never really an amazing driver (compared to the driving god elite).

Odds on 05 July 2008 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7984501)
I like Hammond, I just don't get why there are some Hammond bashers out there. I find him entertaining, and love the banter between him and Clarkson.

Scripts do work well, even if the short one gets over excited. ;)

Kieran_Burns 05 July 2008 12:26 AM

If you want to know how good James May is watch him on the big wine adventure with Oz Clarke - seriously good television.

May is an ale drinker and goes off with this poncy wine drinker (his words) to France to learn about wine...

Class fun all the way

GazTheHat 05 July 2008 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 7984708)
If you want to know how good James May is watch him on the big wine adventure with Oz Clarke - seriously good television.

May is an ale drinker and goes off with this poncy wine drinker (his words) to France to learn about wine...

Class fun all the way

Now that was good television.

hectic 05 July 2008 08:53 AM

seconded :D

Myles 05 July 2008 09:40 AM

To remove any one of the Holy Trinity would spell doom for Top Gear. They all play their part masterfully, and my two penneth is that May is vastly underrated.

Leslie 05 July 2008 10:30 AM

All three of them are very good presenters in their own right. I think it all deteriorates when they get together but if Hammond and May did leave I think Clarkson and TG would be very much the losers.

Les