ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   injector question (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/697494-injector-question.html)

Austrian Impreza 01 July 2008 11:11 AM

injector question

I have a set of (sold to me as) Nismo 740cc injectors and collars, they seem to be for the phase1 loom.
I tried to fit them without the collars, but that was impossible, the two sides do not line up exactly! :(
Is it true that the Nismos would fit phase2 engines without modifications?
Have seen them on JDM Parts, JDM Racing Accessories, Twin Plate Clutch, Turbo Kit, Fuel Injectors & other Motor Parts! sold as direct drop in for V5/6 cars!
Maybe mine are no true Nismos??? But they are red as well and look the same as on the pics on the webside!
I really do not want to cut the wires and make them fit with the collars! :(

Austrian Impreza 07 July 2008 11:51 AM

anyone used these injectors?

Austrian Impreza 03 October 2008 11:09 AM

any idea please?
Are there adaptors which can be used with these injectors to make them a direct drop in, I do not want to cut the loom!

At the moment the 650s are enough, but maybe changing to FMIC and then I might need bigger injectors to make the most out of it...

Ami 03 October 2008 12:14 PM

Maybe try to make pics of your injectors to make it more clear what youīre talking about.
With a number of injector types and models it might be a bit difficult to judge them otherwise.

cheers

Austrian Impreza 03 October 2008 01:27 PM

allright will make a pic and post it at the weekend!

dazdavies 03 October 2008 05:23 PM

I've got Nismo 740's they are dark red in colour and fit straight in the phase 2 rails with a few mods to the connectors.

Basically you cut the grooves off and slightly bend the pins the other way and they fit.

NISMO 740CC Fuel Injectors GC8 99~2000 Ver 5/6

These are the ones I have but you do have to modify them slightly.

Austrian Impreza 03 October 2008 07:46 PM

Hi Daz, they are the same as mine!
And I had to see that the connector does not fit the injectors, as the drills to not match one another, I have seen a thread somewhere showing that the pins have to be bent a bit, but do they sit perfect afterwards and canīt come off?!

dazdavies 03 October 2008 08:19 PM

All you need to do is to take the outer grooves on the injectors off and then bend the pins slightly.
Mine came off a couple of times as they don't click into place like the OEM ones do.
What I do is place the connectors onto the injectors then screw the injector caps onto the injectors thus wedging the connectors in place.

Also for good measure I use tie wraps to fasten the connectors to the injectors. I've not had any problems since.

If you get stuck I'll take some pics for you mate. Just give me a shout if you need them :)

Austrian Impreza 04 October 2008 05:50 PM

Many thanks for the advice!
If you donīt mind I would appriciate any pic! ;)
Please send to mks22@gmx.at
Many thanks in advance, but no hurry as I only want to have it by the hand, whenever my 650s are maxed out! :D