ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Breakfast Cereals (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/697034-breakfast-cereals.html)

J4CKO 29 June 2008 09:50 AM

Breakfast Cereals

Very rarely eat it but I think Rice Krispies are still one of the best. Shreddies are pretty good and I am not keen on the sugary ones, how doies Special K with chocolate work then, I though it was for fat ladies, why put chocolate in it ? whats next Special K with Pie Flakes or Doughnut chunks ?

I love discussing important issues on here....

dpb 29 June 2008 09:55 AM

Sainsburys fuit an fibre (bran) here, with an dollop of onken no-fat strawberry yogurt on top :p

Cereals not just for kids :razz: (or lardy housewives)

Lee247 29 June 2008 10:22 AM

Never eat cereal. I love toast with lashings of butter mm mm mm

Kids loves Rice Krispies :)

NotoriousREV 29 June 2008 10:32 AM

It's all about the Crunchy Nut. The only cereal worth having. Not good for the pancreatically challenged, though.

oldsplice 29 June 2008 10:36 AM

I'm not a cereal lover, I usually have yoghurt and fruit for breakfast. However......lately I've been mostly 'avin' Dorset Cereals Porridge (the one with apple and raisins in it) with blueberries and a banana on top and honey. That's to take away the tast of the porridge..........I bleedin' hate porridge! :razz:

sti degsy 29 June 2008 10:40 AM

ricicles for me like rice krispies but with sugar on!

dpb 29 June 2008 10:42 AM

sounds remarkably healthy for a scotchman :Suspiciou

ScoobyWon't 29 June 2008 11:20 AM

Weetabix - soaked in beer :thumb:

skoobidude 29 June 2008 12:02 PM

I have Special K with Oats and Honey at the moment. Although I'll be going back to Special K with red berries next time.
The misses has Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Her packet is bigger and costs about 1/3 of the amount of my SK. :freak3:

May have to share hers once the credit crunch has bitten! :lol1:

corradoboy 29 June 2008 02:39 PM

http://graphics.asda.com/PRODUCT/21/44/P-1124421-f.gif

£1.30 for a 1kg bag at Asda.

NotoriousREV 29 June 2008 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 7972066)

There are some things that should never be "own label":

Ketchup
Beans
Cereals
Mini Eggs

corradoboy 29 June 2008 03:52 PM

Really :confused:

I don't use much ketchup (a bottle lasts us 3-4 months) but I always get the 21p Asda one, can't tell much difference to the Heinz. And the 9p beans (maybe 1-2 tins a month). The cereal, as I already said (1 a week if I'm not doing Atkins :rolleyes: ) and I've tried Jordans, Alpen and the others, I just prefer this one. I don't think I've ever bought Mini-Eggs :wonder:

It's probably why my weekly shop in the supermarket is about £25 and not like the people on the till next to me at £120 :eek: I buy 'cheap' unimportant stuff, but get my veg from a local farm (maybe £10) and my meat from a quality butcher (another £20). £55 to eat quality home prepared food ain't bad :D

ash002004 29 June 2008 03:53 PM

crunchy nut, rice krispies, the mini wheatabix things with chocolate chip things in, top it off with coco pops, add milk

one big mixture in one bowl, bloody lovely!

add cheerios on top ;)

Abdabz 29 June 2008 03:58 PM

Hmmm what I do is, I get a Weetabix, butter it on both sides, deep fry it and then cover it in lard. Pour full fat milk over the top (3 Weetabix minimum) and sprinkle some pork scratchings over the top to taste...
Lovely :)

corradoboy 29 June 2008 04:02 PM

Needs salt :idea:

Nat 29 June 2008 04:06 PM

Shreaded wheat or Jordans for me :)

ScoobyWon't 29 June 2008 04:42 PM

Dust!
https://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/20...10_468x386.jpg

green fast machine 29 June 2008 04:45 PM

co co pops for me

hutton_d 29 June 2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 7971665)
I'm not a cereal lover, I usually have yoghurt and fruit for breakfast. However......lately I've been mostly 'avin' Dorset Cereals Porridge (the one with apple and raisins in it) with blueberries and a banana on top and honey. That's to take away the tast of the porridge..........I bleedin' hate porridge! :razz:

I'm with you on the fruit and yogurt. Have a *normal* cereal after this and it tastes like cardboard and, according to some study I saw yonks ago, normal cereal is only as nutritious as cardboard ..... :D

But I do lurve porridge .......

Dave

j4ckos mate 29 June 2008 06:05 PM

I like cornflakes but the milk must be absolutely freezing

oldsplice 29 June 2008 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 7972363)
I'm with you on the fruit and yogurt. Have a *normal* cereal after this and it tastes like cardboard and, according to some study I saw yonks ago, normal cereal is only as nutritious as cardboard ..... :D

But I do lurve porridge .......

Dave

Do you want mine? :)

I'm only having it because of cholesterol levels. Ever since my mum force fed my little brother with it once, when we were kids (he decided to make it himself and put the whole pack in the saucepan.........it was like Mount Vesuvius all over the cooker! :lol1:) it's put us right off! :freak3:

Tam the bam 29 June 2008 06:07 PM

Not much in to cereals, Bacon on toast for me ta.. :yum: :)