ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   When are car phones going to be banned (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/696697-when-are-car-phones-going-to-be-banned.html)

dpb 27 June 2008 02:37 PM

When are car phones going to be banned

following this geezer in a lorry ( on a hansfree no-less ) ploughing into the car in front ,

goodness knows what he told his mum after wards ( it was her he was talking to - for 20 minutes ! ).

SwissTony 27 June 2008 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 7968405)
following this geezer in a lorry ( on a hansfree no-less ) ploughing into the car in front ,

goodness knows what he told his mum after wards ( it was her he was talking to - for 20 minutes ! ).

why were you following him for 20 mins :Suspiciou

New_scooby_04 27 June 2008 03:05 PM

I saw a bloke in a HGV talking on his mobile a while back and he had one of those "how's my driving stickers" on the back. So I called the number on my hands free, pulled along side him and this is how the conversation went:

"I'd like to report that one of your drivers is using his mobile whilst operating a HGV"

"No Sh*it, are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm alongside him now in the blue car......and now he's driving with no hands as he's flicking me the bird!.........oh...... you cheeky fuc....!!!"

*click*

;) :D

hutton_d 27 June 2008 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 7968405)

There are always people who lose their *concentration* on the road for whatever reason, some lose it more easily than others. Banning phones will make b*g-all difference; it'll just shift the *reason* for *concentration* loss to something else. It's just a symptom of bad driving, pure and simple. That's what the traffic police, if we had any, should concentrate on.

Dave

PS: oh, just realised, that's a non-starter as the police would have to gather evidence and charge people. Maybe even take them to court. Then they'd lose the £60 doughnut tip from the motorist .....

mamoon2 27 June 2008 04:51 PM

BAN EVERYTHING I TELL YOU
:D

J4CKO 27 June 2008 05:11 PM

Why cant people just stop doing it, it just smacks of F*ck you I will make my phone call whilst operating a tonne plus projectile, I think its only acceptable if stuck in traffic.

I saw one daft bitch in a new Beetle reading heat magazine whilst driving once.

Its Simple, if you are Driving, Drive, otherwise stop and do what you need to.

David Lock 27 June 2008 05:28 PM

If I'm stuck on a motorway while they take 5 hours to clear up some minor prang then I want to call home and say I'll be late. So I'll keep my phone and risk the 42 days, thanks. dl

PS. And reading Heat magazine is simply appalling in a Beetle. Should be Hello :)

FlightMan 27 June 2008 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock (Post 7968778)
PS. And reading Heat magazine is simply appalling in a Beetle. Should be Hello :)

Agree, but if it was a convertible, only Elle would do. :thumb:

Leslie 29 June 2008 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 7968413)
why were you following him for 20 mins :Suspiciou

Do you know, I bet they were going in the same direction!

Les :D

Leslie 29 June 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 7968460)
I saw a bloke in a HGV talking on his mobile a while back and he had one of those "how's my driving stickers" on the back. So I called the number on my hands free, pulled along side him and this is how the conversation went:

"I'd like to report that one of your drivers is using his mobile whilst operating a HGV"

"No Sh*it, are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm alongside him now in the blue car......and now he's driving with no hands as he's flicking me the bird!.........oh...... you cheeky fuc....!!!"

*click*

;) :D

I like that one :D

Les

Kieran_Burns 29 June 2008 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 7968739)
I saw one daft bitch in a new Beetle reading heat magazine whilst driving once.

Its Simple, if you are Driving, Drive, otherwise stop and do what you need to.

Overtook a guy on the M40 southbound one time - I looked across and he was reading a broadsheet newspaper. I kid you not. :cuckoo:

Shark Man 29 June 2008 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by mamoon2 (Post 7968683)
BAN EVERYTHING I TELL YOU
:D

Aye, ban fit birds with fanstatsic norks from wearing tight tops.

Absolutely lethal near a public highway :mad:

;)