ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Concerned about Lambda sensor (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/696625-concerned-about-lambda-sensor.html)

bob r 27 June 2008 12:06 AM

Concerned about Lambda sensor

After some mods were carried out on my RB5 I drove the car a short distance and realised that the Lambda was not connected into the d/p.

Later I thought.......surely a warning light should have come on the dash.....so I disconnected the sensor from the plastic socket, started the car and it runs fine without any warning lights.

Is this normal for no warning lights to be on with it disconnected?

bob r 27 June 2008 12:27 PM

btt

sponners 27 June 2008 01:21 PM

sounds like it is mapped for open loop only (no need for the lambda).

500 27 June 2008 04:33 PM

What mods? was it re-mapped, if so, ask the mapper, if not, ask the guys that did the mods

bob r 27 June 2008 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 500 (Post 7968645)
What mods? was it re-mapped, if so, ask the mapper, if not, ask the guys that did the mods

I put on the mods. (VF28 ,decat d/p) Then I got the car mapped and no issues raised. I then removed the d/p temporarily and after replacing it, I forgot to put in the Lambda. That's when I realised that the Lambda wasn't connected, and now I am concerned.
Should there have been any warning lights on the dash as per original question?

So....any ideas?

Aztec Performance Ltd 27 June 2008 07:08 PM

nope. Disconnected/faulty Lambda on your model won't light CEL.

bob r 27 June 2008 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by BOB'5 (Post 7968999)
nope. Disconnected/faulty Lambda on your model won't light CEL.

Thanks............but will it cause any major engine probs?....(sits in eager anticipation.....praying):)

mike h 27 June 2008 07:31 PM

i was running around for ages not realising my lambna sensor was gone, only thing i noticed was that the fuel economy was more hidious than usual!!

bob r 27 June 2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by mike h (Post 7969065)
i was running around for ages not realising my lambna sensor was gone, only thing i noticed was that the fuel economy was more hidious than usual!!

How did you know it had gone?

mike h 27 June 2008 07:37 PM

checked the reading on my power FC commander. voltage should be vary between 0.1~0.9. You can also check them with a mulimeter, can't remember which wires you need to connect to to check but theres a thread about it somewhere on here.

bob r 27 June 2008 07:39 PM

thanks

sponners 27 June 2008 09:29 PM

if there is a problem with the lambda then it will only cause fuelling issues when your driving steady (closed loop)....probibly make it run rich.

but when your giving the car some it is totaly reliant on the map its been mapped to.......the lambda plays no part.

If you haven't noticed any idling probs or fuelling issues then I'll still guess that the car has been mapped to run without the lambda....not a problem.

either way when your ragging the car it will be fine.

might be an idea to get the fuelling checked (when at cruise) just in case its fuelling too much (or too little) ....but if you haven't noticed any probs then I'm sure its fine.

bob r 27 June 2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by sponners (Post 7969347)
if there is a problem with the lambda then it will only cause fuelling issues when your driving steady (closed loop)....probibly make it run rich.

but when your giving the car some it is totaly reliant on the map its been mapped to.......the lambda plays no part.

If you haven't noticed any idling probs or fuelling issues then I'll still guess that the car has been mapped to run without the lambda....not a problem.

either way when your ragging the car it will be fine.

might be an idea to get the fuelling checked (when at cruise) just in case its fuelling too much (or too little) ....but if you haven't noticed any probs then I'm sure its fine.

I'll sleep better now.:thumb: :D