ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mediums - Real Or Fake? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/696227-mediums-real-or-fake.html)

Abdabz 25 June 2008 08:01 AM

Mediums - Real Or Fake?

BBC NEWS | England | Merseyside | Person's ashes found in theatre

The answer lies in this story. If Derek is so good, he would know who they belong to and would arrange for the theatre to contact the owner :lol1:

:idea:

WRX_Dazza 25 June 2008 09:30 AM

lol, true...

i remember years ago, when selling photocopiers, i came across a clairvoyant among the contact leads...

i called him up and asked if he knew i was going to call him ?

he hung up....

:)

PeteBrant 25 June 2008 09:36 AM

They're not allowed to be called "Meduims" anymore are they, they have to call themselves "entertainers".

As far as I'm concerned the latter is every bit of a bollocks statement as the first one.

stilover 25 June 2008 09:38 AM

If your female, they're real
If your a bloke, they're nonsence aimed at stupid women to make money from idiots.

boxst 25 June 2008 09:45 AM

I have a friend who is a magician, and he makes a point of doing all the same 'tricks' as clairvoyants to show people that they shouldn't trust such people.

Steve

New_scooby_04 25 June 2008 09:48 AM

YouTube - Criss Angel reacts Phenomenon fight inerview

Interesting comment here! :)

scunnered 25 June 2008 09:52 AM

Totally fake, as nobody has yet successfully claimed the "James Randi challenge".
Randi has said he'll be closing the competition in a couple of years as it looks like nobody is ever likely to be able to prove conclusively that they have any psychic, supernatural, clairvoyant, etc. powers.

Paul3446 25 June 2008 09:56 AM

I thought this was going to be a thread about breasts! :(

New_scooby_04 25 June 2008 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 7963326)

Here you go mate:

http://www.gamestar.hu/apix/0612/natalie_oxley2nagy.jpg

;) :D

boxst 25 June 2008 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Paul3446 (Post 7963326)

Here we are: Real or Fake? - Video

(Not safe for work, but you have to click 'accept' before you see anything anyway)

Steve

Leslie 25 June 2008 12:04 PM

Regardless of the likelihood or not of it being true, I think it is like Ouija boards etc. not worth messing about with.

There have been cases of people being seriously mentally affected by dabbling in suchlike things.

Les

WRX_Dazza 25 June 2008 12:07 PM

i can tell ye a few tales about ouija boards!!! including a smashed glass while doing it.

some things are just left untouched!!!

PeteBrant 25 June 2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7963566)
Regardless of the likelihood or not of it being true, I think it is like Ouija boards etc. not worth messing about with.

There have been cases of people being seriously mentally affected by dabbling in suchlike things.

Les

I would say that the people that have been "seriously mentally affected" by ouija boards, are just as likely to be seriously mentally affected by a cheese and onion crisp.

That is, they obviously have some mental issue in the first place.

New_scooby_04 25 June 2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7963609)
I would say that the people that have been "seriously mentally affected" by ouija boards, are just as likely to be seriously mentally affected by a cheese and onion crisp.

Agree! :)

Ns "they're here" 04 ;)

boxst 25 June 2008 12:44 PM

I completely agree with you. Just mentioning it as it is a first for one of your posts ;)

Steve

Leslie 25 June 2008 12:49 PM

Yes so I could have put it better!

There have been many cases of people being seriously affected mentally after dabbling in the occult. But I will say that Ouija boards could well be a lead up to getting more deeply involved.

Have you cever had a cheese and onion crisp go down the wrong way though? :)

Les

GC8WRX 25 June 2008 01:16 PM

Mediums are for desperate w@nkers who need some form of reassurance in their pathetic little lives!

I have heard stories about ouija boards, but they were usually done a 5 in the morning after cocktail of class a, class b, class c drugs and a large amount of alcohol, which makes the results hard to believe!

I tried one myself but fcuk all happened!

Any one who goes to one and gets told vague details like, "you will have problems at work soon" or "you will come into money later in life", and actually beleives it, has the iq of a turnip and should be treated as such!:brickwall

New_scooby_04 25 June 2008 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 7963737)
Mediums are for desperate w@nkers who need some form of reassurance in their pathetic little lives!

I have heard stories about ouija boards, but they were usually done a 5 in the morning after cocktail of class a, class b, class c drugs and a large amount of alcohol, which makes the results hard to believe!

I tried one myself but fcuk all happened!

Any one who goes to one and gets told vague details like, "you will have problems at work soon" or "you will come into money later in life", and actually beleives it, has the iq of a turnip and should be treated as such!:brickwall

Wait, wait, I'm getting something here...... For al you non-believers

YouTube - The Brian Conley Show - Septic Peg Predicts (Ser.4 Ep.1)

;) :D

rmtypeR 25 June 2008 02:07 PM

Derek Acorah "Mary loves dick..."

YouTube - Most Haunted

New_scooby_04 25 June 2008 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by rmtypeR (Post 7963829)
Derek Acorah "Mary loves dick..."

YouTube - Most Haunted

:lol:

ScooByer Trade 25 June 2008 02:48 PM

Nonsense utter bulls**t, they are con artists in my eyes.

OllyK 25 June 2008 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7963676)
Yes so I could have put it better!

There have been many cases of people being seriously affected mentally after dabbling in the occult.
Les

I'd widen that to just "cults", look at Waco etc.

sti-04!! 25 June 2008 02:55 PM

Wow ! I cant believe this thread ...... ;)

I was in the pub last night & there was a Tarot card night thingy.

Few of the women came down well spooked, girl i was with came down freaked. Women basically described her Gran that passed away last year & was telling her that he Gran was behind her. Lyndsey said that as soon as she walked into the room it was freezing :eek:

Spooked me enough.

grovesy 25 June 2008 03:50 PM

Derren Brown pretended to be a medium, and his audience (who thought he was real) described him as the best medium they had ever seen. He even had people crying. At the end of the show he basically explained he was not a medium he just used his "con man" skills to tell people what they wanted to hear.

They can say 5 or 6 things and most people will dismiss the 5 incorrect statements but will vividly remember the correct one. My GF went to see and he mentioned a wedding or an engagement, she was over the moon and thought I was going to propose at wihich point a looked at her hand and she had a ring (not a wedding/engagement but he wasn't to know that) on her ring finger, mystery solved. She then looked rather embarrassed, but still claims they are real.

OllyK 25 June 2008 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by grovesy (Post 7964026)
Derren Brown pretended to be a medium, and his audience (who thought he was real) described him as the best medium they had ever seen. He even had people crying. At the end of the show he basically explained he was not a medium he just used his "con man" skills to tell people what they wanted to hear.

They can say 5 or 6 things and most people will dismiss the 5 incorrect statements but will vividly remember the correct one. My GF went to see and he mentioned a wedding or an engagement, she was over the moon and thought I was going to propose at wihich point a looked at her hand and she had a ring (not a wedding/engagement but he wasn't to know that) on her ring finger, mystery solved. She then looked rather embarrassed, but still claims they are real.

It's called Cold reading.

sti-04!! 25 June 2008 04:07 PM

So how can you explain the cold room when it wasnt cold with the previous person ?

OllyK 25 June 2008 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 7964054)
So how can you explain the cold room when it wasnt cold with the previous person ?

I can come up with a few ideas, but to be honest it's a pointless excersie. I wasn't there so the best I can come up with is educated guesses based on an account a fews lines long which by the very nature of memory will be inaccurate. Whatever I come up with would be dismissed and some new information would suddenly come to light as to why that explanation isn't valid.

Miniman 25 June 2008 04:22 PM

Easy, for example my wife regularly closes our patio door claiming it's cold, when I've just opened it because it's too warm in the house. We're all different, for example I wouldn't go out in Winter in shorts, but some people are perfectly happy doing that.

sti-04!! 25 June 2008 04:37 PM

Just seems a bit strange, she told me to go up & see the woman but i refused as it would be my gran standing behind me but about 20 guys with shotguns :lol1:

New_scooby_04 25 June 2008 04:47 PM

Bloody heel: evidence of ghosts caught on film, watch closely and turn the sound up!!

Amazing!!!!!
YouTube - Ghost Car