ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   STI7 Brakes for sale (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/69604-sti7-brakes-for-sale.html)

Joseph 03 February 2002 12:41 AM

I will be upgrading my STI 7 brakes soon and thought I would see if anyone would be interested in purchasing the original set of Brembo's they came with.

Give me some idea of prices.
J.

grim 03 February 2002 01:50 AM

I'm interested, but I'm in the US. I can't seem to find any asking price on these puppies (In the U.S anyway).

bb 03 February 2002 02:56 AM

Would they fit on a 98 Legacy? If so, I would be interested. Don't worry if you see i'm in HK. My parents are in the UK and they will arrange collection.

I haven't a clue about price, why not tell me what you are expecting?

I know that the Subaru 4 pots are about 300-400pounds here for reference!

WRBlue 03 February 2002 07:02 PM

Joseph,

Let me know where and when you are having it done and I will get a price for fitting them to my car at the same time. All I need then is to strike a deal with you for the bits. What's your opening gambit?

JJ

WiseGuy 03 February 2002 09:36 PM

Will they fit a MY00 Turbo ?
If they fit and its discs and calipers I'll go to £600 :)

Chris L 04 February 2002 10:23 PM

Bloody hell - what are you replacing them with!! :) :D

From what I've heard, I thought the Brembo's were the dog's whotsits :)

Chris

TonyBurns 05 February 2002 04:04 PM

Chris, they are the dogs dangly bits m8!
I dunno why anyone would want to sell them to be honest, baffles me as having test driven the 7 it stops extremely well!! and its the full kit too (front and back brembos) so unless your going for mega brake kits like the ap 6pots its not worth the hassle (and your only going to need those if your going to track day as the brembos are more than sufficient for road use compared to the std subaru 4 pots)

Tony:D

(and yes i replaced my MY00 brakes with brembos ;))

DrEvil 05 February 2002 04:37 PM

just so you all bare it in mind, even on the WRX '01 you will need STi wheels too, or at least the same off-set as they have, to allow the brembo calipers to fit under them!

Prodrive and Subaru have a completely new off-set on the '01 STi wheels, so you can't take your WRX OZ wheels with you when you upgrade :( I've already enquired.

Alex

WRBlue 08 February 2002 12:48 AM

Joseph,

What's your game? Post a thread inciting a reply and then ditch out! Really not on unless you've been taken out of action. Hopefully not the case so update the community please.

JJ

Pete Croney 08 February 2002 01:59 PM

Joseph has been on holiday.

Patince is a virtue ;)

Pete Croney 08 February 2002 02:16 PM

So is the ability to spell ;) ;)

BugEyed 08 February 2002 02:22 PM

LOL @ Pete :D

Pete

Any chance you can end the mystery as to whether these can be fitted to an MY01 WRX and what mods will be required? On i-Club people claim to have fitted these using 18" P1's, but other people say they won't fit.

Duncan :)

Joseph 09 February 2002 04:57 PM

Cheers pete for sticking up for me.
If you have this patince then go and see a doctor.
J.

Now who wants to know what.?!

T5NYW 10 February 2002 01:34 PM

My dealer said the only way to get clearence with 18" is to use Spacers and extended studs:(:( :eek: But prodrive & OZ are developing some wheels as we speak :D
The guessing price was £2K inc.VAT and your old wheels:rolleyes:

Tony