ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The Apprentice: Result. Contains spoliers. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/693491-the-apprentice-result-contains-spoliers.html)

FlightMan 11 June 2008 10:24 PM

The Apprentice: Result. Contains spoliers.

So, what do you lot think then?

Bit of a surprise, but I think Lee deserved it.

phil_wrx 11 June 2008 10:51 PM

i thought claire had it sewn up but always wondered if he would hire a women after last years michelle dubbery affair

fatherpierre 11 June 2008 10:54 PM

Lee was consistently good throughout I thought.

Bravo2zero_sps 11 June 2008 11:23 PM

The right person won thankfully as that loud mouthed gobby madam would be a nightmare to have in your office every day. More importantly Lee was consistently good and not taken in to the board room by any of his weekly team leaders. He also wanted it the most.

angrynorth 11 June 2008 11:26 PM

Unbelievable, he could barely pronounce Apprentice let alone be it.

MikeCardiff 12 June 2008 08:48 AM

I think the right person won - he may not come across as brain of britain, but he seems a hard worker, does what hes told, and gets on with people - much easier to place in a workplace ( where he will probably be resented by some of the other staff on less money anyway ) than some abrasive moany gob5hite like Claire.

It wouldnt surprise me if after his initial 6 or 12 month contract he is 'demoted' to another job in the organisation on less money, but I still think he would be a good worker to employ and is more likely to stick at it and stay long term rather than some of the candidates who use the program as a stepping stone to a career in after dinner speaking or daytime TV presenting.

pwhittle 12 June 2008 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by phil_wrx (Post 7935191)
i thought claire had it sewn up but always wondered if he would hire a women after last years michelle dubbery affair

I didn't hear about their affair?! :D

phil_wrx 12 June 2008 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by pwhittle (Post 7935570)
I didn't hear about their affair?! :D

lol

well she was getting the back knocked out of her by that gobby one, then got pregnant and was put on gardening leave :P

A'K 12 June 2008 10:33 AM

The guy that lied on his CV and couldn't spell won! :) there is hope for me yet..

Jerome 12 June 2008 10:57 AM

From the limited amounts I saw of this program, Claire was the the gobbiest, most impossible to shut up and annoying person I've seen on telly for a long while. Quite how she survived as long as she did is beyond me.

I would rather employ a rabid baboon than her. It would probably be much quieter than her too!

Having said that, I wouldn't employ any of the tossers that I saw on this program. Including someone who lied on their CV. Unless they were a complete babe, and then all would be forgiven... ;)

mal_howarth 12 June 2008 11:13 AM

Give it 2 months before he has another job elsewere ;)

Maz 12 June 2008 06:11 PM

That's what I'm talking about!

fatherpierre 12 June 2008 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by mal_howarth (Post 7935859)
Give it 2 months before he has another job elsewere ;)

If that's the case it'll be on better money somewhere else.

Fair play to the lad. He was always upbeat and positive, and had energy and drive the whole time.

M444GY 12 June 2008 07:34 PM

all a bunch of backstabbing cnuts imo

timmy2take 12 June 2008 08:16 PM

Fair play to the bloke, he's sorted for life now.

Maz 12 June 2008 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 7936926)
all a bunch of backstabbing cnuts imo

Nope Simon was honest and had integrity.

M444GY 12 June 2008 08:50 PM

hmm that claire was a right bigmouthed prick . i used to work with someone like her and jesus she nearly got a punch of me many a time ( and no i dont hit women) but she used to test my patience . blathering **** ,