ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Some ******* stole the front bumper off my 330ci (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/693227-some-stole-the-front-bumper-off-my-330ci.html)

d5hof 10 June 2008 06:20 PM

Some ******* stole the front bumper off my 330ci

Could not believe myself when I went to my car today and saw the front bumper has been meticulously removed overnight! :mad: :mad:

Spoke to the police and they informed me this has been happening quite often lately so I ask them what are they doing about it?...."we are looking into ways of tackling this kind of crime" was the bloody answer...

Shof

cookstar 10 June 2008 06:23 PM

No alarm activation?

Im amazed this can be done without setting it off.

d5hof 10 June 2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 7932506)
No alarm activation?

Im amazed this can be done without setting it off.

standard BMW alarm, the car was parked in a off road a bit away from my house...and in London theres no such thing as neighbourhood watch!!!

DCI Gene Hunt 10 June 2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by d5hof (Post 7932519)
standard BMW alarm, the car was parked in a off road a bit away from my house...and in London theres no such thing as neighbourhood watch!!!

Feck sake!! :mad:

Thieving scrotes, trouble is now they know where it is and when you get a replacement the scumbags will be all over it again like a tramp on a sausage :mad:

d5hof 10 June 2008 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7932523)
Feck sake!! :mad:

Thieving scrotes, trouble is now they know where it is and when you get a replacement the scumbags will be all over it again like a tramp on a sausage :mad:

I know! had my scooby for two years and no trouble at all, spoke to a local bodyworks company who informs me that he has had couple of BMW drivers come to him in the last 6 months or so, apparently it is quite easy to take the bumper off the bimmers! I am looking into cliffords and what have you.

DCI Gene Hunt 10 June 2008 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by d5hof (Post 7932528)
I know! had my scooby for two years and no trouble at all, spoke to a local bodyworks company who informs me that he has had couple of BMW drivers come to him in the last 6 months or so, apparently it is quite easy to take the bumper off the bimmers! I am looking into cliffords and what have you.

Also worth looking into security nuts/bolts etc. to make it not that easy so they can just 'unbolt' it ;)

StickyMicky 10 June 2008 06:39 PM

my mate who owned a cosworth parked his outside the kwickfitt he was a manager of, and came out later on to find his bumper gone, DURING THE DAYTIME :eek:

hux309 10 June 2008 06:39 PM

A clifford would do bugger all, try using security nuts so they'll have no way of removing or at least have a damn hard time doing to plus have some sort of trip wire bonded on the indie that way if they do pull it off it sets the alarm off.

That's what i would do.

d5hof 10 June 2008 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 7932543)
my mate who owned a cosworth parked his outside the kwickfitt he was a manager of, and came out later on to find his bumper gone, DURING THE DAYTIME :eek:

shocking:(

Freak 10 June 2008 06:42 PM

Believe me, I have a BMW with a clifford with the proximity sensor, and it won't help you, as it monitors the sides of the car not the front/back.

Best thing you can do is get some way of securing the bolts- they are piss easy to remove

J4CKO 10 June 2008 07:02 PM

I reckon it was the ghost of Johnny Cash,

YouTube - ONE PIECE AT A TIME - JOHNNY CASH

Sorry, couldnt resist, sorry to hear them nicking your bumper.

M444GY 10 June 2008 08:31 PM

have a look round ur area for 318s with 330 bumpers on mate . espeacally if they are driven by chavvy lookig cnuts .

it happens round my way m3 mirrors nicked , splitters etc , so they can stick em on their 316s ect

fromage 10 June 2008 08:36 PM

My Dads front bumper was stolen from his 540 was a M5 front bumper, no Alarm etc and this was around Essex/London (****hole)

paulg1979 10 June 2008 08:42 PM

I have a 330ci too. I assume it was the M-sport bumper as the rest are pretty bland looking

M444GY 10 June 2008 09:11 PM

there are loads of misfitted bumpers on the chavvy bms round my way ,

used to be the megane front splitters to fit onto the novas , fiestas ect

d5hof 10 June 2008 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by paulg1979 (Post 7932825)
I have a 330ci too. I assume it was the M-sport bumper as the rest are pretty bland looking

yep :(

little-ginge 10 June 2008 10:24 PM

Are they really that easy to remove? I dinked my otherhalfs 320d m-sport the other week and it needs a new bumper...;)

In hindsight perhaps I could have told him someone had tried to half inch it from the car whilst I had it:mad:

dpb 10 June 2008 10:55 PM

Well i think weve found our culprit ladies an genteleman :smug:

mart360 10 June 2008 11:16 PM

AND??

we want info

Mart :D

Johnny E 10 June 2008 11:50 PM

The wifes Fiesta had her front bumber stolen last year.

Now a days they nick anything

Shark Man 11 June 2008 12:06 AM

Two big torx bolts and some trim clips/self-taping bolts...away it goes :thumb:

I found that out the hard way on a 5series: I took off the bumper to fix the pusher fan...put it all back on trim clips etc...forgot the two big bolts. Lucky it only fell off when I moved it round the corner and not whilst driving it, of all the things to forget it was the two main bolts, what a foofin prat! :rolleyes: :D

Just wait till you see someone nick the whole front end off a Passat/A4/A6/A8/Pheaton/Continental GT...radiators, coolers, lights, fans, grill the lot - it's a doddle once you've popped the bonnet :D:D

dpb 11 June 2008 09:10 AM

:Suspiciou