ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Crazy Rally driver (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/692943-crazy-rally-driver.html)

SwissTony 09 June 2008 12:05 PM

Crazy Rally driver

Sorry if this has been posted before, but saw this on another forum

Rally Horror: Car Hits Spectators - Sky News Video Player

stilover 09 June 2008 12:20 PM

I wouldn't say Crazy, but deffo stupid for not stopping.

Spectators at the outside of a corner is always a stupid place to stand anyway. If a car is going to crash, it'll be there.

Hard to blame the driver for the crash itself. Actions afterwards however...

andy97 09 June 2008 12:33 PM

Motor sport is dangerous, for those competing and those who go to watch. standing on the outside of a bend is not taking the necessary safety precautions!

Spoon 09 June 2008 12:53 PM

Yeh to be honest on approach, thinking that it was going wrong, I'd have seen the guy in the red jumper and immediately though his chunky home knit would provide me with the traction necessary to get me out of there.

Chris L 09 June 2008 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 7929429)
I wouldn't say Crazy, but deffo stupid for not stopping.

Spectators at the outside of a corner is always a stupid place to stand anyway. If a car is going to crash, it'll be there.

Hard to blame the driver for the crash itself. Actions afterwards however...

Agreed!

MattW 09 June 2008 01:23 PM

Jody Ceron Slams Into Spectators In Chilean Rally - Truveo Video Search

More footage

J4CKO 09 June 2008 05:41 PM

I would make a point of finding the cnut and giving him a slap, not because he crashed into me but because he drove off, he must have know he had hit spectators.

Still, standing on a bend in a forest and complaining when you get hit by a car isnt the work of a genius, fast cars on slidy surfaces, durr.

Nate 10 June 2008 10:41 PM

What can the driver of the car do if he gets out, there would be loads of qualified first aiders at hand, just in case of an accident. I know it also says he was arrested on the finish line, but where did they think he was going to disappear to ?

Spectators should not have been where they were, as what happened, there was obviously no way he could stop the incident.

Spoon 10 June 2008 10:48 PM

It's the fact he wheelspun away on some guys abdomen and didn't just stop while he had a crowd gathering underneath around his fuel pump.

CrisPDuk 11 June 2008 10:44 AM

Spectator stupidity rather than crazy driver IMO :nono:

It doesn't take a Mensa candidate to realise that you need to be ready to move quickly if your stood in a place where a car is likely to go off :rolleyes:

Tidgy 11 June 2008 01:23 PM

to be fair, not alot he could do, was a daft place to stand, should he have stopped, probably, but on the other side would crowd have gone for him if he had stayed?

500 11 June 2008 01:48 PM

Evo drivers :mad:

tbh, I'd have carried on too if I was racing, and it's not the drivers fault the spectators were stood in a stupid place!