ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Park and fly, OR, hotel, park and fly (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/691967-park-and-fly-or-hotel-park-and-fly.html)

Snazy 04 June 2008 07:15 PM

Park and fly, OR, hotel, park and fly

Cant decide.
Got a 9am long haul flight, so check in is 6am-7am.
So do we pay £95 for 2 weeks parking at North Terminal OR £149 for a night at the hotel in the terminal, no journey stress in the morning, and walk straight into the terminal.

To me the £50 takes away a lot of stress, allows a bit of extra rest, and all that malarky lol

DCI Gene Hunt 04 June 2008 07:28 PM

Always hotel, have some chimp collect the hunster wagon from the hotel and fly the following day.... also like (if flying Bransons polished turd) to twilight check in so I can stroll through security the following morning :D

Snazy 04 June 2008 07:29 PM

Yeah we can do day before check in but not going Once a Virgin, lol.
I thought hotel too, makes sense to me. Just got to sell it to the missus

davegtt 04 June 2008 07:31 PM

Save the $50 (sorry no pound sign on this keyboard) think of it as extra beer money and get there ealy you lazy sod ;)

DCI Gene Hunt 04 June 2008 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7919016)
Yeah we can do day before check in but not going Once a Virgin, lol.
I thought hotel too, makes sense to me. Just got to sell it to the missus

It makes for a more relaxed hunster and I enjoy the flight and arrive "chilled" ..... :thumb:

Snazy 04 June 2008 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7919023)
Save the $50 (sorry no pound sign on this keyboard) think of it as extra beer money and get there ealy you lazy sod ;)

/ NACRO mode... Spending money is no problem my friend, im minted, so dont have to scrimp, its all about the sleep you see. /NACRO mode off

lol serious though, £50 is fifty quid, no real vast sum on the grande scheme of things. Just nice to be able to walk into the terminal. We did it last year with snowboarding. Had a 5am check in. SO would have had to leave home at 2am.

Plus we are driving the shed to the airport, so dont wanna break down on the way on the morning of the flight lol

Scoobychick 04 June 2008 07:34 PM

Hotel deffo :thumb: I was in a similar dilemma when booking our holiday but opted for the flying from Heathrow, driving down south and staying at the parents option then taking full advantage of Dad's Taxi :D Actually I also considered staying in an hotel right by Heathrow but my parent's house is considerably cheaper :thumb:

I wouldn't want to leave my car anywhere near an airport car park, I worry enough about it in Sainsbury's car park for an hour :D

I also like getting to the airport really early for more shopping time :lol1:

PaulC72 04 June 2008 07:35 PM

Hotel & parking simple as, we do it whenever doing long haul from Manchester
At the end of a day for one so affluent as you £50 is nothing ;) well worth the lack of hassle, good nights sleep is always a bonus, especially if you don't sleep on the plane {which I don't}

Snazy 04 June 2008 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7919026)
It makes for a more relaxed hunster and I enjoy the flight and arrive "chilled" ..... :thumb:

Thats what I thought. We are after all going premium this year, still a ****e flight, but upgrading none the less lol. And going for nice cars too /NACRO mode on... but should have got the Shelby /NACRO mode off.

Scoobychick 04 June 2008 07:37 PM

Oh and I'm checking in online the day before so that takes away that hassle :thumb:

Scoobychick 04 June 2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7919044)
Thats what I thought. We are after all going premium this year, still a ****e flight, but upgrading none the less lol. And going for nice cars too /NACRO mode on... but should have got the Shelby /NACRO mode off.

Shaddit about the Shelby you :lol1:

Snazy 04 June 2008 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 7919043)
Hotel & parking simple as, we do it whenever doing long haul from Manchester
At the end of a day for one so affluent as you £50 is nothing ;) well worth the lack of hassle, good nights sleep is always a bonus, especially if you don't sleep on the plane {which I don't}

lol I wish we really were that minted, but seriously not gonna worry about £50 compared to the annual holiday expenditure, thats gone over about £5k so far this year, thats just the 2 of us. So whats an extra 1% :D

I dont sleep on the plane either, like to mess about too much.

Have got my sister to drop us off before, but would rather walk than get in a car with her, she is shocking !
Its hotel, train or drive up in the morning. Missus will prob say drive in the morning, but of course abstain from doing the driving.

lol @ the Shelby bit :D

Just messing... just wanted to make the point that although we are far from minted, we dont scrimp TOO much on hols :D

chocolate_o_brian 04 June 2008 07:59 PM

where you going michael?

ScoobyWon't 04 June 2008 08:01 PM

A two word answer: Hotel sex :thumb:

Scoobychick 04 June 2008 08:03 PM

Butlins :thumb: :D

wrxjay03 04 June 2008 08:13 PM

are you parking at gatwick, if so what car park?

ScoobyWon't 04 June 2008 08:15 PM

Are you going to pinch his motor? :Suspiciou

wrxjay03 04 June 2008 08:19 PM

no im not, i parked mine at gatwick for a week (2weeks ago), arrived home at 4 in the morning, didnt bother checking the car, woke up the following morning and found 2 deep scratches in the rear bumper :mad: phoned them up, emailed them and they say they are not going to do anything about it!! :mad: wont be parking there again

Snazy 04 June 2008 08:42 PM

We are taking the old car with us to the airport so as long as its drivable home, I dont care about the condition lol. Gutted about yours though mate :(

Going to Florida for a couple of weeks :)

Scoobychick 04 June 2008 08:43 PM

Florida Butlins :thumb: :D

Snazy 04 June 2008 08:48 PM

lol frick off.

We have 2 places to stay. The house and the apartment up the road. Just incase there are druggies between us and the main strip if I-Drive this year lol

ScoobyWon't 04 June 2008 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7919300)

We have 2 places to stay.

Butlins & Pontins :thumb:

FlightMan 04 June 2008 09:33 PM

Night in The Hilton then 3 weeks in the sun. Bet then, I don't pay for parking. :smug:
:thumb:

Snazy 04 June 2008 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 7919425)
Night in The Hilton then 3 weeks in the sun. Bet then, I don't pay for parking. :smug:
:thumb:

1 night in the Hilton then S/C in Ibiza ? lol

lol @ Pontins and Butlins

Nice house, and a getaway apartment.

Snazy 05 June 2008 08:32 AM

Hurrah, the missus agrees, hotel, park and fly it is :D

Account deleted by request 05 June 2008 08:40 AM

FFS can't you decide a question like this by yourself or do you have to ask SN opinion on everything you do in life?

Scoobychick 05 June 2008 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by chopper. (Post 7920198)
FFS can't you decide a question like this by yourself or do you have to ask SN opinion on everything you do in life?

Did someone get out of bed the wrong side? :wonder: No-one is forcing you to read it :rolleyes:

wrx300scooby 05 June 2008 11:27 AM

Always hotel, It sort of gives you an extra days holiday if you see what I mean:wonder:

Freak 05 June 2008 11:52 AM

valet park it- hassle free

Snazy 05 June 2008 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by chopper. (Post 7920198)

In a word..... YES..... I do have to ask everything.
Any further questions? wonder: :)

PS if you think this is my whole life...... you must have a VERY boring life :D
Its the internet, get over it lol

WRX300, yeah makes perfect sense mate. Start the holiday relaxed rather than stressed lol. Like someone else........ ^^^^ :D