ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Well that was a surprise. BGT (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/691080-well-that-was-a-surprise-bgt.html)

SVXNUT 31 May 2008 10:10 PM

Well that was a surprise. BGT

Wasn't expecting that. Farryl should have won I think, but at least she and Escala will reappear on the shelf at the record store. Unless Andrew invests in some bolt cutters, it will be the last we here of him, he probably wouldn't have even got to the Royal variety.

AndyLyman 31 May 2008 10:16 PM

Escala should have won that ! :notworthy

That was proper talent :thumb:

martyrobertsdj 31 May 2008 10:17 PM

Excellent result in my opinion.....I think the kid deserved it.

Farrel, Andrew and Escala will all get deals.

Why bolt cutters bythe way :confused:

HankScorpio 31 May 2008 10:20 PM

Yet again, the voting public get it wrong. I wonder how long he spent practising his "cat out of shrek" look...?

Thought Strike might have got it, maybe Signature but not George mimicking a VW ad.

Bet Prince Charles can't wait...

Lisawrx 31 May 2008 10:22 PM

I only got to watch about half of the show, as the other half wanted to watch Doctor Who, but from what I saw, and the shows through the week, I was torn on who I thought should win, as there were a few really good acts. By the time it got to the final 3, my vote was with Signature, they really entertained me.

I'll stop now, as I think I've publically declared I'm sad enough now. :lol1:

Tam the bam 31 May 2008 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 7910064)
I only got to watch about half of the show, as the other half wanted to watch Doctor Who, but from what I saw, and the shows through the week, I was torn on who I thought should win, as there were a few really good acts. By the time it got to the final 3, my vote was with Signature, they really entertained me.

I'll stop now, as I think I've publically declared I'm sad enough now. :lol1:

We already knew you are sad Lisa ;)

I wanted Kate and Gin to win, or Escalla (sp) :mad:

Lisawrx 31 May 2008 10:40 PM

Escala were incredibly good.

Tam :p ;)

Lee247 31 May 2008 10:42 PM

I wanted Signature to win, thought they were excellent and very funny :D

My daughter wanted the winner, as she fancied him and my Son wanted Escala to win as he fancied the blonde one :lol1:

Tam the bam 31 May 2008 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 7910121)
Escala were incredibly good.

Tam :p ;)

Lisa :p x2 :D

hutton_d 31 May 2008 10:56 PM

Que ..... ?

Dave

Chrisgr31 31 May 2008 11:01 PM

I thought the winner was boring. Scores of people do acts like that at dance classes throughout the country. Some of the other acts (the dog, Escala, Signature etc) had an element which was different.

Incidentially two of Escala appeared particularly close, arms round each other!

Jamo 31 May 2008 11:08 PM

i wanted either signature or andrew to win.

you can be assured that faryl and andrew will be seen again.

escala :D :norty: too

little-ginge 31 May 2008 11:11 PM

Have completely missed BGT apart from the audition shows, and tonights final/winners announcement..:o

I was honestly surprised that Andrew whats-his-name didnt win... but perhaps his story and the coverage in the papers etc may have turned people against voting for him..?:confused:

I thought Escala were fabulous, and whilst George is good at what he does, I wouldnt have picked him as the winner out of some of the other acts which were far more entertaining and talented. Good lUck to him though, he looked honestly gobsmacked that he had done it:thumb:

Felix. 31 May 2008 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by little-ginge (Post 7910236)
I was honestly surprised that Andrew whats-his-name didnt win... but perhaps his story and the coverage in the papers etc may have turned people against voting for him..?:confused:

What coverage in the papers....?

I thought Nemises or escala

little-ginge 31 May 2008 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Felix. (Post 7910261)
What coverage in the papers....?

I thought Nemises or escala

When he first audition some of the papers printed his story etc.... there were suggestions that it was all just a sob story, so this may have reinforced that in peoples minds... just a thought is all:freak3:

Felix. 01 June 2008 12:36 AM

I see

I thought some of the sob stories this year were really good..........idea for a new show..?

To be honest - i tink most of the acts tonight would be better than the proffesional acts on the variety show

Abdabz 01 June 2008 12:43 AM

WOW! A kid dancing in a puddle is the best this country has by way of talent... Right now I am sooooooo proud to be British :cuckoo:

ScoobyWon't 01 June 2008 01:47 AM

I have never seen it at all until the result show came on in the pub tonight. If I'd taken any notice of it, my vote would have gone to the pretty girls who were all wearing red - despite not seeing what they do.

It's the only talent I'm interested in. :norty:

Sonic' 01 June 2008 01:54 AM

Escala made a few mistakes

I am surprised George (yet another sob story) won, but then its all been quite a fix by the producers

Interesting what that Plumber bloke said, he didnt want to sing Imagine, he was forced to, Nexus were forced to do a new routine too, yet Escala, George, Andrew were all allowed to do their same routine

MrJim 01 June 2008 09:28 AM

Well done to George the most deserving winner:luxhello:

wrxjay03 01 June 2008 09:30 AM

nemesis should have won !!!

SVXNUT 01 June 2008 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by martyrobertsdj (Post 7910040)

Why bolt cutters bythe way :confused:

Has it not occurred to you that at 12-13 his balls may not have dropped yet. I was lead in the school choir until it happened to me and now I can't hold a tune in a bucket.:norty: :norty:

Farryl is pretty unique though, I have never heard of a 12yr old Mezzo-soprano. C Church was a full soprano. We have another C Jenkins on the way if she is stopped from over extending herself.

The one thing I can't understand is why Cowell and the others kept referring to Escala as unique. They obviously havn't seen or heard of Bond, I have all of their albums.

Sonic' 01 June 2008 11:19 AM

Yes, Im surprised about how he was with Escala, Bond have been doing it for much longer and are better

I had to question how much of their performance they played as there was an awful lot of backing, the only reason that made me realise that they did indeed play some bits live in the final, was that they made a few mistakes

Were there instruments even plugged in ;)

Tam the bam 01 June 2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7910727)

Were there instruments even plugged in ;)

Dunno, but I'd like to plug my instrument into one or more of them! :D

Sonic' 01 June 2008 12:02 PM

Tam :nono:

Did you not think the Cellist was a bit scary, and one of the others was actually Princess Beatrice :lol1:

Kieran_Burns 01 June 2008 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by SVXNUT (Post 7910597)
Farryl is pretty unique though, I have never heard of a 12yr old Mezzo-soprano. C Church was a full soprano. We have another C Jenkins on the way if she is stopped from over extending herself.

The one thing I can't understand is why Cowell and the others kept referring to Escala as unique. They obviously havn't seen or heard of Bond, I have all of their albums.

Oh thank God - someone else who realises that Escala are a follow on from Bond!

For reference: YouTube - Bond - Explosive [High Quality] these girls are VERY talanted... in ALL ways :D

Faryl will certainly have an awesome vocal career - as said: a Mezzo that young? Truly stunning.

Sonic - were you listening in to the conversation between me and my wife???? That is EXACTLY what we said!! :)

Kieran_Burns 01 June 2008 12:18 PM

Oh... now THIS is interesting!

Look at the links from the Bond vid I posted and who do you see? YouTube - Escala - String Quartet - http://www.scalamusic.net

Not quite the sitting at the back at Weddings and Dinners like they said.... hmmmmm.....

SVXNUT 01 June 2008 05:15 PM

BTTT, Sunday papers are saying that Farryl has been offered a 1 Mill contract.

AndyLyman 01 June 2008 05:37 PM

just for your info......

Official escala website - :thumb:

is here... eScala - Electric String Quartet

Andy