ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Most courteous driver. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/689486-most-courteous-driver.html)

moff1888 23 May 2008 10:52 PM

Most courteous driver.

Today on the A303 I was involved in a most courteous piece of road manners. The dual carriageway was due to merge into 1 lane so with plenty of time left in the lane i began to indicate to try and get in, funnily enough people seemed to find their accelerator. :wonder:

A man in a van "wookey hole" saw what was happening - he was a good few car lengths in front- slowed down and gestured to me to speed up and get in front of him. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Road Karma giving something back. :thumb:

Suresh 23 May 2008 11:00 PM

The Dutch have no problem getting two lanes to merge. People politely let other cars in and nobody gets angry and nothing gets snarled up. Means that the lane that is disappearing gets used right until the final 10m, which is a good thing. :thumb:

That said, the wooden-shoed idiots have no understanding of queueing whatsoever when not in their cars. :lol1:

Bubba po 23 May 2008 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Suresh (Post 7892952)

That said, the wooden-shoed idiots have no understanding of queueing whatsoever when not in their cars. :lol1:

Are you saying that they like to clog things up? :Suspiciou

Lee247 23 May 2008 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 7892989)
Are you saying that they like to clog things up? :Suspiciou

They wooden do that :Suspiciou

Bubba po 23 May 2008 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 7892992)
They wooden do that :Suspiciou

I don't know about that - they say they have souls of iron. :(

Lee247 23 May 2008 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 7892999)
I don't know about that - they say they have souls of iron. :(

eee dam, do they wear caps too :wonder:

ScoobyWon't 24 May 2008 12:52 AM

Funny thing is if you get to the end of a road in Holland, the sign says...

Schtop! It's not ready ;)

Sorry, I couldn't think of any windmill/poppy jokes :p

Maybe it was a bit of James May's Christian motoring as he calls it...

Leslie 24 May 2008 11:01 AM

The right way to do it is "one for one" but there are a lot of selfish drivers about.

Les

LG John 24 May 2008 11:57 AM

What bugs me about good road manners is that I know a lot of it goes unnoticed and might even be interoperated as bad driving. For example, yesterday I was passing a double decker bus at a bus stop when he started to move off. This in itself wasn't a problem as it was two lanes and he was in his bus lane, but my turn off to the left was coming up soon. If I indicate and pull into his lane now - as I'm entitled to do - he'd have to slow right down having just got his momentum up whilst he waits for me to complete the turn. I'm now too far ahead of him to brake and drop in behind him. So, I drop a few cogs and accelerate as fast as the fiesta would allow (believe me that is VERY slowly) pull into his lane and conduct a quicker than average 90-degree turn. From his perspective he'll have seen a bashed up fiesta speed up, cross a lane and perform an aggressive turn. At no point did the bus have to alter his speed but afterwards I did wonder if the driver would even know or appreciate what I'd done.

Suresh 24 May 2008 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 7893767)

I'm now too far ahead of him to brake and drop in behind him. So, I drop a few cogs and accelerate as fast as the fiesta would allow (believe me that is VERY slowly) pull into his lane and conduct a quicker than average 90-degree turn.

If your car had spun during the overly fast turn, then I bet the bus driver would be sitting there saying "that'll be fuel surge, then". :lol1:

LG John 24 May 2008 12:12 PM

The fiesta simply can't pull enough G's!!