ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   TSL Group N backbox (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/689471-tsl-group-n-backbox.html)

NUTTYNICK 23 May 2008 09:44 PM

TSL Group N backbox

So who's got one?

Preferably with a full decat? I'm thinking of changing my current set up. Youtube has some 'examples' on there but my computer speakers are crap so doesn't really do it justice.

Current set up is a TSL Firestorm, full 3" decat, I'm after something a little less noisy despite loving it to bits. I will be having some long trips to do in the future (motorway) so am looking for quiet(ish) cruising with loud play time:norty:

Also looking for a smaller tail pipe as well. I'm getting old and need to start being sensible:lol1:

powerwrx 24 May 2008 01:13 PM

i have one on my bugeye,with full turbo back decat..it sounds exactly as youve said..not over the top on runs but iw wakes up when you give it some.

ill try and get a sound clip for you

discodancer 24 May 2008 01:24 PM

TSL Group "N" Back Box 4" tailpipe

Try one of these:

TSL Group "N" Back Box 4" tailpipe

TSL MOTORSPORT | Subaru Saab Mitsubishi | parts | repair | servicing | performance tuning | UK

Bargain price and sounds burbly without being too loud. I am 38 yrs old and am not into a loud car sound but this sounds awesome!

NUTTYNICK 24 May 2008 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by powerwrx (Post 7893857)
i have one on my bugeye,with full turbo back decat..it sounds exactly as youve said..not over the top on runs but iw wakes up when you give it some.

ill try and get a sound clip for you

Cheers, I'd appreciate that. I have heard a couple of clips on youtube but they are pretty awful sound quality wise.

I have been looking at the TSL website. I reckon I could sell mine on and only have to fork out a few quid for the other one. Almost sold on the idea now but if anyone else has comments?

I've also read the some thought the Group N to be too quiet:nono: maybe that was not on a full decat system though?

powerwrx 24 May 2008 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by NUTTYNICK (Post 7893940)
Cheers, I'd appreciate that. I have heard a couple of clips on youtube but they are pretty awful sound quality wise.

I have been looking at the TSL website. I reckon I could sell mine on and only have to fork out a few quid for the other one. Almost sold on the idea now but if anyone else has comments?

I've also read the some thought the Group N to be too quiet:nono: maybe that was not on a full decat system though?

it sound very nice on full decat,not over the top..also just to let you know...theres one in the general forsale section for 100 notes..bargin

T1000 24 May 2008 07:20 PM

Hi I have a TSL group N back box but the cat is still on I think. It does have a decatted downpipe though.

The system sounds subtle when the car's being driven lightly but when you floor it it sounds meaty enough. No way near as loud as some Impreza exhausts I've heard though.

NUTTYNICK 24 May 2008 07:46 PM

That's good to hear T1000. I am used to loud exhausts, and although the firestorm sounds just like it's name, I think it's a little ott for me. The car pops and bangs nicely on over run and sometimes on up changes which always brings a smile to my face.

I'm looking at getting one now, on the hunt for second hand items first though.

Scott.T 25 May 2008 07:38 PM

I tried several combinations and ended up with a TSL Group'N
it's a nice compromise and the car is used as family transport so can't be too loud.

When you floor it though it sounds great.

NUTTYNICK 25 May 2008 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scott.T (Post 7896007)
I tried several combinations and ended up with a TSL Group'N
it's a nice compromise and the car is used as family transport so can't be too loud.

When you floor it though it sounds great.

Well I hope so too. I've just bought one (hopefully, sent money so we'll see if it arrives). It sounds just like what I'm after so fingers crossed. Updates to follow:)

Thanks for all your replies guys

n one 25 May 2008 09:13 PM

Of course it`ll arrive Nick, dont you worry. And it sounds beautiful too :thumb:

Neil :)

NUTTYNICK 26 May 2008 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by n one (Post 7896253)
Of course it`ll arrive Nick, dont you worry. And it sounds beautiful too :thumb:

Neil :)

Nice one Neil:thumb:

I forgot to ask if you were a member of scoobynet. I look forward to getting it and many thanks again for deciding to post it:)

I'll let you know when it arrives.

n one 26 May 2008 10:30 AM

I`d seen this thread and put 2 + 2 together :D