ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Sat Nav stolen today from my van (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/689470-sat-nav-stolen-today-from-my-van.html)

Nate 23 May 2008 09:39 PM

Sat Nav stolen today from my van

Was working in Noak Bridge (nice area), and had my van locked all the time I was there apart from when I was putting my tools away, bearing in mind, my tools were only 30 feet away from my van, and that is the only time I had left the van unlocked.

Got paid by the customer, got in my van ......... Suction cup holder is missing ????? The TMC is still attached to the screen..... The Power lead is still there ........ check for TomTom (hidden under my lunch bag) ..... GONE !!!!

Thieving B@stards !!!!!

I've owned it for about 3-4 weeks, and have been so careful as to where it is kept (I took it with me when I went into Wickes this morning as well!!)

Can't you have anything these days??

:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

essexboy30 23 May 2008 09:56 PM

Unbelievable!!! :mad:

IN THE STICKS 23 May 2008 10:00 PM

Just hope the scum crash and die in a ball of flames while trying to operate the thing :mad: :mad:

pinseeker 23 May 2008 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear that Nate :mad:
Out of interest was it the new 930T ?

Looie 23 May 2008 10:11 PM

Unbelievable........ They must have been watching you to be able to nick it that quickly without you noticing - they must have been very quiet opening the door...

53 23 May 2008 10:35 PM

:(

NickBes 23 May 2008 11:07 PM

Sorry to hear this Nate :( :(

Nate 24 May 2008 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by pinseeker (Post 7892817)
Sorry to hear that Nate :mad:
Out of interest was it the new 930T ?

No, I went for the 720, and bought the TMC separately, and didn't feel I needed the 900 series (don't need maps of the USA and Canada, that is the only difference I could find ? ) .

I too think someone was watching, as their timing was impeccable, the one thing I will say ...... They left my Oakley Sunglasses (on display) and my Laptop , work that one out.

Security is going to be my main concern from now on, may have to make some kind of 'safe' within the cab area.

Jeem 24 May 2008 12:36 AM

Have to watch with sat nav, the AA say not to put your home address in as a family on a day out had theres stolen an since they were out the thiefs had pressed find home an robbed the house too

yellowvanman 24 May 2008 05:51 AM

Nate,

sorry to hear this.

WRX_Dazza 24 May 2008 07:08 AM

Scum. no other words.......

Supercue 24 May 2008 07:38 AM

As I said earlier Nate I cant fathom why they left your lappy and only took the SatNav:wonder: :Whatever_

Have you thought about who or where they could have been watching you from?

bibo_boy 24 May 2008 08:19 AM

Scum!

Nate 24 May 2008 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Supercue (Post 7893423)
As I said earlier Nate I cant fathom why they left your lappy and only took the SatNav:wonder: :Whatever_

Have you thought about who or where they could have been watching you from?

They went to the trouble to find it next to the drivers seat, I wondered why the laptop was still there (and very relieved it was!), they were obviously only interested in the Satnav, they pulled the sucker off the windscreen but left the TMC behind (which costs another £50)

As to where they were watching me from, I have no real idea, it is a road that I only saw old (70+) people in ....... Unless it was one of them :Suspiciou

Nate 24 May 2008 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jeem (Post 7893222)
Have to watch with sat nav, the AA say not to put your home address in as a family on a day out had theres stolen an since they were out the thiefs had pressed find home an robbed the house too

No fears there, I use my works address as 'Home' and I know how to get from home to work and back ;) .

The annoying thing is, they obviously know that if I am working in someones garage, I was not going to be taking the sat nav out of the van :( , and 99% of the time it isn't practical to do that anyway.

colin1uk 24 May 2008 04:18 PM

buy an a to z , they are less likely to steal that.;)

pinseeker 24 May 2008 07:04 PM

Hi Nate

I was asking as in AutoExpress they had a review of the 930 & they had concerns that the RDS-TMC that needed to be mounted on the screen would be visible & thieving scum***s would know what you had. It has put me off having the RDS-TMC mounted on the screen as its hard to keep the wires tidy as well as being a possible target for thieves.

Nate 24 May 2008 08:31 PM

I believe the TMC can be added to the 520, 720 and 920 ..... Plus all the new models.

That said, it does give them a head start on the type you have.

If I had the TMC fitted in my car, I would fit it just within the headlining near the windscreen, as all the wire is, is a glorified aerial. In the van, it is for work, so couldn't realy be bothered.