ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   C/S Server Connection Q (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/68893-c-s-server-connection-q.html)

dsmith 30 January 2002 09:44 PM

Ok hoping someone can track down the answer...

At home I have my PC plus a couple of others on a 172.x.x.x private addresses LAN. I have a linux box acting as my firewall router to the Internet via freeserve anytime on ISDN (dynamic IP)

It works absolutely fine 99.9% of the time,but.....

If I get kicked off for my 2Hr cut-off I cant reconnect to that C/S server for ages (15mins or so ?)

My Linux box will automatically re-idal. In fact by the time C/S has quit with "connection problem" back to the desktop my ISDN has redialled and I can usually surf straight away. However I cant reconnect to the C/S server I was on although I do seem to be able to connect to others. (e.g. now -dopped conn - cant reconnect to locked but can connect to Rogue Public ??)

Is this a C/S WON thing seeing my CD key with 2 IP addresses ?

Is this held on a per server basis by the server ?

Can you alter the timeoouts ?

:confused:Deano:confused:

HHxx 30 January 2002 09:49 PM

Deano, its a Won problem. The server doesn't clear your connection because it thinks you are still connected. It may be different IP's?!?!

Just manually disconnect and reconnect before the 2 hour is up. The Duck has the same problem.

H

orbv 30 January 2002 09:54 PM

The WON servers do normal keep a record of where all the serial number are being used. You could be rejected because of this but would normal get the message, WONID alread in use.

As well as clients checking with the WON servers the hlds servers do as well. The timeout of the Locked server is twice that of the public to help people (Tiggs) who get dropped on map changes so this could be causing you problems. On the public its 5 minutes and 10 minutes on the Locked.

Later I will change it and see if it makes a different.

If you try using 'password scoobydoo' & 'connect <ip>:<port>' in the console when u have this problem do you get any messages?

dsmith 31 January 2002 09:06 AM

Thanks Orb

10 mins seems about right. Haven't tried from the console (but will next time). From the std C/S on-line browser. Instead of "Connecting to x.x.x.x....." then "WON Authenticated" I just get "Connecting to x.x.x.x....." and then "Retrying..." 4 times.

Sooo frustrating when I was playing quite well for a change last night :).

I'll have to try and set some warning up to tell me I'm getting close to 2hrs.

Deano

Stig 31 January 2002 09:50 AM

Deano, at least in that 15 mins I wouldn't have you fragging me every 30 seconds or so ;)

Wish I could've stayed longer, I was getting the hang of it! :P