ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   carbonne lorraine brake pads (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/687716-carbonne-lorraine-brake-pads.html)

bigarf 14 May 2008 09:30 PM

carbonne lorraine brake pads

have been using the performance friction discs and pads for 2 years now and dont get me wrong they are a very good set of brakes.as it came to renew my pads i thought ide try something different and am i glad i did,i had performance friction discs skimmed then fitted the carbonne lorraine pads as i was told they didnt need bedding in it was straight to a bit off high speed tests feckme these pads are excellent from cold they bite hard and high speeds they are even better.also to add to it they are a lot cheeper than the pfriction ones,thanks to godspeed brakes for recomending them. :thumb: :thumb:

340BHP-WRX 15 May 2008 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bigarf (Post 7873693)
have been using the performance friction discs and pads for 2 years now and dont get me wrong they are a very good set of brakes.as it came to renew my pads i thought ide try something different and am i glad i did,i had performance friction discs skimmed then fitted the carbonne lorraine pads as i was told they didnt need bedding in it was straight to a bit off high speed tests feckme these pads are excellent from cold they bite hard and high speeds they are even better.also to add to it they are a lot cheeper than the pfriction ones,thanks to godspeed brakes for recomending them. :thumb: :thumb:

The Carbone Lorraine pads are excellent,haven't really used them in anger yet but for what I have done they seem very good :thumb:

Rich_B 15 May 2008 09:19 PM

That's good to hear - I've just fitted some today in advance of a trackday on Monday, so will find out soon enough whether I agree!

340BHP-WRX 15 May 2008 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rich_B (Post 7875972)
That's good to hear - I've just fited some today in advance of a trackday on Monday, so will find out soon enough whether I agree!

Let us know how you get on with them :thumb:

gaz-cole 15 May 2008 11:27 PM

what kind of price are you lads paying for them?

340BHP-WRX 15 May 2008 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by gaz-cole (Post 7876328)

I paid £100 for mine.

bigarf 16 May 2008 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by gaz-cole (Post 7876328)

95 quid for mine and must be the best 95 quid ive ever spent.

type25 16 May 2008 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigarf https://www.scoobynet.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Bigarf,

Just wondering which PF pads you updated from - Z rated or 01? Also do you get brake squeel at low speeds from the carbonne lorraine pads?

Cheers:)

340BHP-WRX 16 May 2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by type25 (Post 7878222)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigarf https://www.scoobynet.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

Bigarf,

Just wondering which PF pads you updated from - Z rated or 01? Also do you get brake squeel at low speeds from the carbonne lorraine pads?

My carbone lorraine pads do squeel at very low speed with light pedal pressure.

bigarf 16 May 2008 11:05 PM

Bigarf,

[/I][/QUOTE]

the performance friction pads i had on were the z rated ones and no i havnt had any break squeel from the carbonne lorraine pads yet but have only done about 60miles with them in so far but even if i get a bit of squeel it will be worth it for the way they perform.

340BHP-WRX 17 May 2008 12:19 AM

Mine didn't squeel until I had done approx 100 miles on them.

ianch 18 May 2008 08:34 PM

whereabouts do you all get your carbone lorraine pads?
i have redstuff pads at the moment as they were on the car when i got it dont rate them much and ive been looking for a good replacement

340BHP-WRX 18 May 2008 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by ianch (Post 7881375)
whereabouts do you all get your carbone lorraine pads?
i have redstuff pads at the moment as they were on the car when i got it dont rate them much and ive been looking for a good replacement

Ian Godney on here sorted me with a set at a good price :thumb:

bigarf 19 May 2008 05:31 PM

same as above ian godney from godspeed brakes.

Rich_B 19 May 2008 09:07 PM

Well I've just done 8 sessions at Castle Combe today, car is a classic wagon with Subaru 4-pot fronts with Carbonne Lorraine RC5 pads, and newage 2-pot rears with Mintex 1155's. They had good bite and with a bit more of a prod, excellent stopping. Modulation was excellent too, and wear was less than 1/4 of the pad, so quite low as well. Overall I'm very impressed with them.

DisoDisp 29 May 2008 10:02 PM

anyone know if Ian still carries the Carbone Lorraine pads?

Ive sent goodspeed brakes an email, and Ian a pm on here, but havent got a reply, i think my PM's/E-mails may be wonky.

Rich_B 30 May 2008 06:25 AM

Hi, I recently had his last set, he even took them out of his demo car for me! But I'm sure he'll be getting some more in (I hope so, they're great),

ukbob 30 May 2008 08:29 PM

demon twats stock them at simular price

tinhead 30 May 2008 11:25 PM

Mine came today from Demon Tweeks, RC-6 compound for the sti £111 inc vat, about £7 more than Godspeed but i couldn't wait 2 weeks.
I will probably just fit them for trackdays and keep the PF Z rated pads in for the road.