ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mario Kart on Wii..... SN challenge (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/686210-mario-kart-on-wii-sn-challenge.html)

salsa-king 06 May 2008 09:43 PM

Mario Kart on Wii..... SN challenge

got this for my birthday on sunday... how good is MarioKart!!!

anyone else got it and played international challenges?

all those on SN should play at the same time!!

Phil

Maz 06 May 2008 09:50 PM

I'm an 'old skool' Mario Karter. Very sceptical of the new fangled Mario Kart games after the flaccid and disappointing Double Dash effort. I loved the SNES version and love the N64 version even more. I play it pretty much every day (N64) and in multiplayer form it is absolutely fantastic. I'm going to try the Wii version but I'm not sure it is going to be as much fun as the N64 one.

Odds on 06 May 2008 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 7856896)
I'm an 'old skool' Mario Karter. Very sceptical of the new fangled Mario Kart games after the flaccid and disappointing Double Dash effort. I loved the SNES version and love the N64 version even more. I play it pretty much every day (N64) and in multiplayer form it is absolutely fantastic. I'm going to try the Wii version but I'm not sure it is going to be as much fun as the N64 one.

I couldn't agree more. If it's anything like those versions, be sure to post up. :thumb:

Maz 06 May 2008 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Odds on (Post 7856905)
I couldn't agree more. If it's anything like those versions, be sure to post up. :thumb:

Ah you must know of the agony of an opponent taking you out with red shells within sight of the finishing line! Or the ecstacy of taking someone out behing you with a well aimed green shell (that takes skill:smug: ). Hope the Wii version has as much longevity.:thumb:

Owl28 06 May 2008 10:12 PM

Head on down to the computer section. There is a thread all about it and how we're getting on! We've also started a list of friend codes so we can play each other online. Add yours to the list and start whipping us instead of Gunther from Germany!

Steve.

Odds on 06 May 2008 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 7856927)
Ah you must know of the agony of an opponent taking you out with red shells within sight of the finishing line! Or the ecstacy of taking someone out behing you with a well aimed green shell (that takes skill:smug: ). Hope the Wii version has as much longevity.:thumb:

Na, I was the cheeky sod that held onto second place with a red shell at the ready! :lol1:

Admittedly, a well aimed green shell was very satisfying. As was deploying a banana skin to stop one. :thumb:

Odds on 06 May 2008 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Owl28 (Post 7856960)
Head on down to the computer section. There is a thread all about it and how we're getting on! We've also started a list of friend codes so we can play each other online. Add yours to the list and start whipping us instead of Gunther from Germany!

Steve.

I've just brought a PS3, but may be tempted to get one of these. I'll join the list if I do. :)

salsa-king 06 May 2008 10:21 PM

this is v good though, can't get the bolloon and coin games though... i'm too outta control lol

Odds on 06 May 2008 10:24 PM

You need to work on your powerslides if it's anything like the previous versions. :cool:

ScoobyWon't 06 May 2008 10:56 PM

Look in Computer Related, it gives you loads of info and links to tips ;)