ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tim Westwood.. ok what's the deal here?... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/685767-tim-westwood-ok-whats-the-deal-here.html)

Petem95 04 May 2008 09:27 PM

Tim Westwood.. ok what's the deal here?...

I listened to a bit of the 'big dawg's' show on the radio last night, and even though I don't really like hip hop it was actually quite entertaining!

Westwood gets a lot of negative comments, being a 50 year old vicars son who likes hip hop - and I must admit I used to find his show and 'street talk' hilarious about 10 years ago, but now I have a sort of respect for the guy.

He clearly loves the music, and has earnt the respect of the artists. The 'big dawg' thing seems like a bit of an act, but he sort of seems to be able to pull it off these days.

Is he just a complete tool, or is Westwood having the last laugh? (he must make a lot of money out of all this!)

What do people reckon? Any genuine Westwood fans out there?!

sti-04!! 04 May 2008 09:29 PM

Tool

what would scooby do 04 May 2008 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 7852589)
Tool

uber tool ;)

J4CKO 04 May 2008 09:44 PM

he is a tool but the world would be a duller place without him !

Snazy 04 May 2008 09:59 PM

he is the Rap worlds Boris Johnson.
Knows his stuff, heart in the right place, but no one can take him seriously.

But gets NUFF respect from the other side of the pond.

haroldhettaturbo 04 May 2008 10:01 PM

TIT

BOB.T 04 May 2008 10:30 PM

I can't think of anything more funny than going round to his mum and dad's house with him, nice cup of tea, slice of victoria sponge and a look through some photos of him as a kid...see how he speaks then! :D

finalzero 04 May 2008 10:32 PM

he's a dick but his show is actually quite good as I am a fan of hip hop and the style of the show is very US like i.e live mc'ing, fresh beats etc

Simon C 04 May 2008 10:53 PM

Pity the drive by missed. Had a drugs related incident with him at my uni years ago.

silent running 04 May 2008 11:02 PM

He's a showman and a good one at that. He's been around a long time and gained genuine respect in the hip hop scene, as far as I can see, in the same way that David Rodigan did in reggae. He's got to the stage now where he's so well know for what he does that he can afford to play around a bit. Anyone who can't see that he's taking the piss out of himself really needs to lighten up a bit.

kingofturds 04 May 2008 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by silent running (Post 7852793)
He's a showman and a good one at that. He's been around a long time and gained genuine respect in the hip hop scene, as far as I can see, in the same way that David Rodigan did in reggae. He's got to the stage now where he's so well know for what he does that he can afford to play around a bit. Anyone who can't see that he's taking the piss out of himself really needs to lighten up a bit.

yup exactly, you haters need to bow down and kiss the ring:hjtwofing :D

Shark Man 04 May 2008 11:35 PM

Get it right...

Its HaterZ :razz:

Peace ;)

:lol1:

M444GY 05 May 2008 08:37 PM

he is a bit of a bell end tbh

J4CKO 05 May 2008 10:13 PM

He is all of the above but there are much worse people than Westwood, I would also rather listen to him than a lot of the other Radio One DJ's, all the Sunday morning knobheads and the cretinous listeners that had a "Mad One" last night and whats your most embarrassing moment, f*ckin Jo Wiley crawling up the bum of some hapless "artist" that has just appeared and she has been briefed to big them up as if they have been around longer than The Who just to make the cheapo bookings they have at their "Big Weekends" look less lame.

At least Westwood has some comedy value, a 50 year old white Vicars son that's a Hip Hop DJ and expert, who talks like, well I would say Black but I cant say I have heard any Black person talk like Westwood, I mean, he has pulled it off, he is loaded and does something he loves, we think he's a Gibbon but I don't think he cares.

Odds on 05 May 2008 11:46 PM

I used to hate him, but I reckon he is having a laugh. He must be.

Mugging off the 'gangster' musician's to their face's, makes him all right. ;)

Does he still 'drop the bomb' and 'roll another joint'? :lol1:

Dave1980 06 May 2008 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7852775)
Pity the drive by missed. Had a drugs related incident with him at my uni years ago.

indeed.

he is a tool but obviously must be popular as he is still around after all this time. i cant take him seriously, especially on pimp my ride uk :lol: .

farmerwrx 06 May 2008 11:32 AM

****!!!!

davegtt 06 May 2008 11:40 AM

Most annoying man on telly promoting how to act like a c0ck to the youth of today. Whether its an act or not.

lem6 06 May 2008 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 7852775)

Did you get a bad batch from the big dog?

Varboy 06 May 2008 12:02 PM

I know he gets 'respect' from a lot of the US rappers, but doesn't he get equal amounts of p*ss taking from some US rappers as well. ie tall skinny white guy who talks as if he grew up in both South Central LA and Queens NY?

IIRC Snoop Dogg takes the mick in one of his tunes?

every1sgottablue1 06 May 2008 12:07 PM

The guy is a prick as are all people that talk like they grew up in Queens or the Bronx.....infact it seriously gets on my tits!

New_scooby_04 06 May 2008 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7855322)
Most annoying man on telly promoting how to act like a c0ck to the youth of today. Whether its an act or not.

Quite!

Always reminds me of Ali G, except Ali G was a joke. Westwood is laughable and I'd guess that the only reason the rappers tolerate him is for airtime, irrespective of how knowledgable about the genre he may be.

He's just not "gangsta", but then again, nor are most of the rappers! :)

And I'm sorry, but white guys pretending they're black is just sad! (no offence to either race intended) You are who you are, by all means embrace other cultures, but don't pretend to be something you're not!

Ns "Giving mad props to my hommies" 04 ;)

Ian Payne 06 May 2008 02:09 PM

A couple of years ago I was in London for the start of the Gumball when he was participating. A young lad asked him for his autograph but didn't have a pen so Tim asked around a few people, got a pen and a bit of paper and had a 5 minute talk with this lad and a load of photos.

Ever since then my opinion of him completely changed - he took a lot of time that day to speak to his 'fans'. He may have an act but I reckon he's a decent bloke

My 2p's worth!

Ian

lem6 06 May 2008 04:57 PM

westwoods alright, just too many coldplay fans on this thread.

stoneface 06 May 2008 06:06 PM

He's a Cool Tool.

SetoN 06 May 2008 06:16 PM

I was in NY few months ago and some up and coming black hip-hop artist was trying to flog a mix tape he had produced with some of his mates to get some cash flow going to get started.

him "yo yo man, where you from"
me "England"
him "England hey, you listen to Tim Westwood?"
me: "Not really"
him in his best English accent "nar, he's a W4nker"

lol, made himself $5 :D

lem6 06 May 2008 07:42 PM

ridin with the big dog.

rabskyline 06 May 2008 07:54 PM

i always though that he was a right pleb... i was right... he is ! :lol1:

StickyMicky 06 May 2008 08:36 PM

watched him on pimp my ride uk once and spat out some beer when they made a hot dog machine into somebodys car, somebody offered westwood a hotdog and said

"a hot dog for the big dog" :lol:

his face was a picture