ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Help Problem With Vodafone 18 Month Contract (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/684977-help-problem-with-vodafone-18-month-contract.html)

SPEN555 30 April 2008 07:20 PM

Help Problem With Vodafone 18 Month Contract

Basically,

I signed up and have an order number and an e-mail confirming the contract to be £15 per month.

However, my bill is coming in at £20 per month which I did not agree to.

I have spoke to them on the phone and got nowhere. I then e-mailed them forwarding the e-mail detailing the order and the fact it said £15 per month. Response was their system says £20 per month.

The trouble is having gone through the ball ache of transferring my PAYG number to this contract I don't want to just cancel it.

Meanwhile they will continue to take £20 per month and not the £15 per month.

What's the best way to quickly resolve? Letter to MD? Threaten legal action? Small Claims court?

All advice appreciated.

bootsy 30 April 2008 07:25 PM

get in contact with ofcom
Home page | Ofcom

The Zohan 30 April 2008 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by SPEN555 (Post 7844191)
Basically,

I signed up and have an order number and an e-mail confirming the contract to be £15 per month.

However, my bill is coming in at £20 per month which I did not agree to.

I have spoke to them on the phone and got nowhere. I then e-mailed them forwarding the e-mail detailing the order and the fact it said £15 per month. Response was their system says £20 per month.

The trouble is having gone through the ball ache of transferring my PAYG number to this contract I don't want to just cancel it.

Meanwhile they will continue to take £20 per month and not the £15 per month.

What's the best way to quickly resolve? Letter to MD? Threaten legal action? Small Claims court?

All advice appreciated.

If you have written confirmation from Vodaphone of the £15.00 amount then pay £ 15.00 per month. that is what vodaphone and you have agreed to pay for a service(s) provided then that is your contract with them. If Vodaphone decide to take it further then let them, if they take you to court then you will win and they will loose.

SPEN555 30 April 2008 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7844221)
If you have written confirmation from Vodaphone of the £15.00 amount then pay £ 15.00 per month. that is what vodaphone and you have agreed to pay for a service(s) provided then that is your contract with them. If Vodaphone decide to take it further then let them, if they take you to court then you will win and they will loose.

But they will just dis-connect me if I do that and it's a direct debit set up to pay the amount of the invoice.

DYK 30 April 2008 07:33 PM

you say they are taking 20 quid a month,so i take it is direct debit..tell em to shove it up their ass,as you have got proof it's 15 quid a month,if they don't listen cancel your direct debit,and transfer your number to a different network..ive always found 02 pritty good,been with em for a while and they even gave me a choice of a free phone last year...but what do i know,i just felt like saying something :thumb:

SPEN555 30 April 2008 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7844208)
get in contact with ofcom
Home page | Ofcom

Thanks for that I will ring them tomorrow.

SPEN555 30 April 2008 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 7844236)
you say they are taking 20 quid a month,so i take it is direct debit..tell em to shove it up their ass,as you have got proof it's 15 quid a month,if they don't listen cancel your direct debit,and transfer your number to a different network..ive always found 02 pritty good,been with em for a while and they even gave me a choice of a free phone last year...but what do i know,i just felt like saying something :thumb:

Thats tempting to do but in the end comes back to you effecting your credit rating I would expect.

The Zohan 01 May 2008 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by SPEN555 (Post 7844228)
But they will just dis-connect me if I do that and it's a direct debit set up to pay the amount of the invoice.

If you have a contract with them stating £ 15.00 per month that is your contract with them. If you have this in writing then you are OK.

Get the details for the customer services director - search on the web maybe?
Write to him/her enclose a copy of the agreement and ask for them to respond in writing.

if they cancel you can take them to small claims and you will win.
The contract will be honoured - otherwise they are breaking the law
Your credit rating will be set right - if it is affected by Vodaphone
The court/small claims fee will be Vodaphones to pay.

If in doubt speak to citizens advice.

SPEN555 01 May 2008 10:35 AM

I responded to an e-mail last night saying I was not happy and wanted to take it further. I had a response advising if I could provide a copy of order showing the £15 per month they will amend.

So hoepfully get the e-mail sent with a copy of letter stating the £15 per month and hopefully I will be able to put this one to bed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointers as if above don't work I will definately be using them.

Chrisgr31 01 May 2008 10:37 AM

You could also invoke the Direct Debit guarantee. Show your bank the contract says £15, and of you go.

Mind you when I spoke to Vodafone recently I was advised their minumum contract amount was £20 a month, so understand why they say its £20!

SPEN555 01 May 2008 10:41 PM

Well the e-mail did not work as the fecking thing bounces and I need to send an e-mail in order to send attachments. The on line e-mail is rubbish as you can't do attachments.

So I will now do a letter to Tim Yates Chief Marketing Officer who went me a letter advising it was £15 per month. I will send a copy to OFCOM and I will ask the bank if they can limit the direct debit to £15 per month.

pimmo2000 01 May 2008 11:53 PM

:nono:

Originally Posted by SPEN555 (Post 7846946)
Well the e-mail did not work as the fecking thing bounces and I need to send an e-mail in order to send attachments. The on line e-mail is rubbish as you can't do attachments.

So I will now do a letter to Tim Yates Chief Marketing Officer who went me a letter advising it was £15 per month. I will send a copy to OFCOM and I will ask the bank if they can limit the direct debit to £15 per month.

What if your bill is £30 with calls ??

You need to be careful .. they could give you a bad credit history:brickwall

SPEN555 02 May 2008 12:36 PM

Got an e-mail last night and someone has looked at it and found it is missing a £5 per month discount? Anyway, looks like it is gonna be sorted fingers crossed. Proof of the pudding will be when I see the next bill.

p.s. They also said due to the inconvenience they would waiver May's charges :D Again, I will await the celebrations until I see that happen.

boxst 02 May 2008 12:39 PM

I'm glad you have got it sorted out. I had this problem as well: They promised one thing (and in writing) and then decided to put my wife on a completely different contract / tarriff. It took about 3 months to sort out.

Steve