ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Proof class A's are not bad for you - LSD inventor takes his last trip, dies aged 102 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/684898-proof-class-as-are-not-bad-for-you-lsd-inventor-takes-his-last-trip-dies-aged-102-a.html)

The Zohan 30 April 2008 02:37 PM

Proof class A's are not bad for you - LSD inventor takes his last trip, dies aged 102

Swiss discoverer of LSD dies - Yahoo! News UK

well he made it to the grand old age of 102 so it must be OK then.

I wonder if he knows he is dead, or thinks he is still tripping - assuming an afterlife that is but that is another debate.

Varboy 30 April 2008 02:40 PM

It's proably folklore but I heard on his 'bad trip' that he inadvertently consumed 500 x what would be considered a normal dose. Imagine that!

_RIP_ 30 April 2008 04:35 PM

You cant OD on LSD. It's simply a trigger drug. You can flip out np, but the amount consumed wont matter.

bootsy 30 April 2008 04:40 PM

not forgetting the flash backs you can have after taking LSD

chocolate_o_brian 30 April 2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by _RIP_ (Post 7843809)
You cant OD on LSD. It's simply a trigger drug. You can flip out np, but the amount consumed wont matter.

so if you consumed 10kg of it, it wouldnt matter:wonder:

Gear Head 30 April 2008 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by _RIP_ (Post 7843809)

What a stupid thing to say!

RUDDY 30 April 2008 04:45 PM

the only way LSD will effect your health is if it makes you jump out the bedroom window!
flashbacks?? havnt heard of them for ages! its all a load of bollox if you ask me! not that im heavy into LSD but weve done a few and not a flashback as yet! still, its somthing to look forward too :)

RUDDY 30 April 2008 04:46 PM

ah 10 kg might give the old ticker somthing to deal with LOL!

Gear Head 30 April 2008 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by RUDDY (Post 7843834)
ah 10 kg might give the old ticker somthing to deal with LOL!

Precisely!

bootsy 30 April 2008 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by RUDDY (Post 7843832)
the only way LSD will effect your health is if it makes you jump out the bedroom window!
flashbacks?? havnt heard of them for ages! its all a load of bollox if you ask me! not that im heavy into LSD but weve done a few and not a flashback as yet! still, its somthing to look forward too :)

nor have i.but i know people who have had flash backs and still do

Varboy 30 April 2008 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 7843825)
so if you consumed 10kg of it, it wouldnt matter:wonder:

OD usually refers to an amount that causes harmful physiological effects not psychological. I've not heard of anyone assessing lethal dose for LSD as it shows effectiveness at such low blood concentrations.

Varboy 30 April 2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7843845)
nor have i.but i know people who have had flash backs and still do

This is the problem, everyone's heard of someone's wife's, cousin's mate who had a flashback and jumped out of a window or something equally as silly but no one's ever met someone. It's like the story that a swan can break your arm.

I personally think flashbacks are misinterpreted visual or aural disturbances which were present in the individual before they ever took LSD but when they occur once the user has ever experienced the durg, then LSD gets the blame.

EddScott 30 April 2008 05:05 PM

I've seen someone have a flashback. Quite a nasty experience for him and certainly not "put on"

Didn't like it myself so only had a few "trips". He did much more than I.

bootsy 30 April 2008 05:06 PM

a mate took them for years and has had 4 or 5 flash backs.one that i see myself it was just like he was still tripping.but as i pretty sure he hadn't taken anything as we had all given up ages ago.a lad i went to school with who was well know for taken LSD has been comited for his own good(about 8 year so far).
but i'll agree there could easy be some unknown mental problem there in the first place.he was a known space cadet

_RIP_ 30 April 2008 05:09 PM

What a stupid thing for you to say.

The LD50 (dose at which 50% of administrations are fatal) of LSD is approximately 55mg/KG in mice. Assuming that the human body is reasonably similar in metabolism, that means that in order to kill an average human weighing 70KG (~155lb), they would have to ingest 3,850mg of LSD to die half of the time.

LSD is -the- most potent psychoactive currently known, and the psychotropic threshold is about 35-70ug (micrograms). Street doses are around 100ug.

A subject would have to ingest 38,500 street doses of unadulterated LSD* to die half of the time. If street prices are $5 per hit (conservative), it would cost $192,500 to obtain this much LSD.

Can you die from LSD poisoning? Yes, but it has yet to be documented in a human. Can you die from self-injury or recklessness while out of your mind on LSD? Absolutely, it happens all the time.

* LSD is often mixed with amphetamine derivatives, methamphetamine, caffeine, phencyclidine, pseudoephedrine, all of which are cardiotoxic and will kill you thousands of times faster than LSD itself, which is a remarkably safe drug, systemically.

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100 (Post 7843829)
What a stupid thing to say!

Perhaps know what you're talking about before letting your belly rumble. HTHYM :)

Jamie 30 April 2008 05:32 PM

I have never had a flash back from taking lsd 15 years ago and i took alot:freak3:

Varboy 30 April 2008 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by *Jamie* (Post 7843950)
I have never had a flash back from taking lsd 15 years ago and i took alot:freak3:

Did you think you could fly at any point?:lol1:

Jamie 30 April 2008 05:39 PM

No but i did see ww3 in a carport which was nice:freak3:

Ghetto Dude3 30 April 2008 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by RUDDY (Post 7843832)

well they must be safe then, if you were fine :lol1:

wonder why i had some flashbacks ?

_Meridian_ 30 April 2008 06:26 PM

LSD is often mixed with amphetamine derivatives, methamphetamine, caffeine, phencyclidine, pseudoephedrine

No it isn't.

M

bootsy 30 April 2008 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by _Meridian_ (Post 7844063)
No it isn't.

M

i think you will find people who take LSD could/have take it with other drugs.or do you mean chemically mix it as in "cut it with":wonder:

_RIP_ 30 April 2008 06:55 PM

Agreed, Meridian is confusing mixed with cut. Although LSD is sometimes cut with lysergamides like dob, ald, LSD-25, doi, and others shi*e sold as tabs. Plus crap like bromo sold as blotters etc.

Anyhow, this makes no difference to the OD debate. So, care to comment on OD'ing with LCD?

Originally Posted by _Meridian_ (Post 7844063)
No it isn't.

M

The Zohan 30 April 2008 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by _RIP_ (Post 7844120)
Agreed, although it's sometimes cut with lysergamides like dob, ald, LSD-25, doi, and others shi*e sold as tabs. Plus crap like bromo sold as blotters etc.

Anyhow, this makes no difference to the OD debate. So, care to comment on OD'ing with LCD?

I have an LCD, watch it a fair bit, how will i know when i have OD'd and will i need to move onto a plasma or crt?;)

_RIP_ 30 April 2008 06:59 PM

But Paul, you were once a mod, hence you are far too spaced out to comment anyhow :D

bootsy 30 April 2008 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 7844126)
I have an LCD, watch it a fair bit, how will i know when i have OD'd and will i need to move onto a plasma or crt?;)

when you've watched soaps/reality tv all night:lol1:

bootsy 30 April 2008 07:04 PM

Agreed, Meridian is confusing mixed with cut. Although LSD is sometimes cut with lysergamides like dob, ald, LSD-25, doi, and others shi*e sold as tabs. Plus crap like bromo sold as blotters etc.

totally agree i've know all sorts of sh*te passed off as LSD tabs.

_RIP_ 30 April 2008 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7844137)
when you've watched soaps/reality tv all night:lol1:

:lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::luxhello::luxhello:

_Meridian_ 30 April 2008 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 7844118)
i think you will find people who take LSD could/have take it with other drugs.or do you mean chemically mix it as in "cut it with":wonder:

I do mean the latter, as I assumed the original source meant. Otherwise the original writer would have said: "..is taken with..."

As for overdosing, I'm not a pharmacologist so I have no idea. I could read up in Clarke though I guess...

M

_Meridian_ 30 April 2008 07:57 PM

To make slightly clearer - I've never heard of LSD ever being cut with anything except synthesis by-products like lysergic acid.

And LSD-25 is the famous LSD (more correctly called lysergamide anyway).

And DOB and DOI are phenethylamines, not lysergides.

I don't even know what ald is - care to give it a proper name?

M

Jamie 30 April 2008 08:32 PM

You cant cut lsd unless you inject the sh1t!