ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Please help settle this argument (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/683701-please-help-settle-this-argument.html)

bencs1 24 April 2008 07:23 PM

Please help settle this argument

I know this sounds a bit stupid and petty but I am having a debate with the mrs and she swears she is right on this and I am sure she is wrong.

The argument is: When you go to the supermarket, which has a petrol station, do you shop first and get petrol on the way out or get petrol on the way in and then do the shopping.
:wonder:
I would be very grateful if anyone could help clear this up. Cheers

Sonic' 24 April 2008 07:26 PM

You get petrol on the way out at the one I go to, as you have to drive past it on the way out, you do not drive past it on the way in, and will have to go out of your way to fill up first

chris_c201 24 April 2008 07:29 PM

Way out, mainly cos i shop in tesco and quite often get 5p off vouchers!

Underworld 24 April 2008 07:30 PM

true!!! petrol is normally on way out... tesco extra and sainsbury near i live is like that.... i mean, its more convenient to do it that way....loollll who won this argument then??

SWRTWannabe 24 April 2008 07:30 PM

I'd try and get petrol before shopping, that way you don't have your frozen food going off while you're in the queue.

greenonedave 24 April 2008 07:38 PM

I let the misses get the shopping, I get the petrol, and a paper and a coke and a rest

The Rig 24 April 2008 07:39 PM

does it matter,didnt know there was a right way and a wrong way,if i were having this ruck with my missus,she would leave me and call me a sad tvvvat

next it`ll be a pee before havin a bath,which we all know is wrong, you pee in the bath !

gazza-uk 24 April 2008 08:00 PM

on the way out of course...

dpb 24 April 2008 08:03 PM

Dont touch stuper-market fuel no more :nono:

like it would make a difference anyway :rolleyes: :freak3:

As the Rig says - maybe you should actually just get a divorce ;)

bencs1 24 April 2008 08:03 PM

No it doesn't matter, it is just a bit of fun but i needed to shut her up with some strong evidence which this forum is providing.:lol1:

David Lock 24 April 2008 08:33 PM

It's too heavy to carry around so get it after shopping :)

Fuzz 24 April 2008 08:50 PM

shopping first then five miles out of town with defrosting shopping to fill up at A Shell garage!:freak3:

O

Clarebabes 24 April 2008 08:52 PM

Petrol first, then shopping at our one. Petrol station is on the way in. Depends on the layout surely?

bencs1 24 April 2008 09:28 PM

Thanks for everyones responses, much appreciated. The petty argument has been resolved thanks to you lot. Must be time for some good old make up...;)

Spoon 24 April 2008 10:08 PM

Why do men insist on taking womens jobs it what you should be asking. :thumb:

Apparition 24 April 2008 11:05 PM

Well Bencs, our local Tesco is a shop and forecourt all wrapped up in one parcel. So we DO have a quandry. Do we leave the car sitting at the pump whilst we do our shopping ? Or, do we pay up for the juice then move the car to a bay and re-enter the shop and then do the shopping ? Quite an conundrum.
Yve

finalzero 24 April 2008 11:08 PM

petrol on the way out but I don't use one as Shell don't have supermarkets... yet

fast bloke 24 April 2008 11:11 PM

Order a delivery online and then you won't need petrol until Tuesday

Scoobyols69 24 April 2008 11:54 PM

at sainsbury's in frome you can either get it in the way in or out personally i would get it on the way out just easier and saves you wasting it trying to park and you can get a discount after you have been shopping

r32 25 April 2008 06:55 AM

Petrol always on the way out ............... never on the way in

7 to go.

mykp 25 April 2008 07:47 AM

what on earth are you doing at the supermarket, thats the wifes job :notworthy

but if you must fill up with petrol at the supermarket then you go fill up while the missus is doing the shopping. works for me :thumb:

mal_howarth 25 April 2008 09:05 AM

Go in her car then she can do it whichever way she pleases ;)

davegtt 25 April 2008 09:38 AM

Way out if I was to do it