ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Got the w@nker sign of a saab driver this morning. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/683188-got-the-w-nker-sign-of-a-saab-driver-this-morning.html)

martwrxsl 21 April 2008 11:11 PM

Got the w@nker sign of a saab driver this morning.

I didn't do anything wrong just over took him on a duel carriageway, but I guess it's at least an acknowledgement. :lol1:

Monkeydile 21 April 2008 11:18 PM

People hate being overtaken these days. Another thing I've noticed is people in rep mobiles and family diesels always trying to get in front of me or trying to get me to race them. Idiots :razz:

z4mr 21 April 2008 11:36 PM

I hate white small van men, on there mobile phones.

martwrxsl 21 April 2008 11:53 PM

Maybe, it wasn't a w@anker sign:wonder: maybe he was gestering his hands around because he was talking on his hands free.:nono:The other rep in another saab was the w@nker! When are they going to clamp down on these arseholes who use mobile phones when driving? I have yet to see a scoob driver on a mobile phone, but you do usually require two hands and total concentration when travelling 70mph through the twisties.:lol1:

escott 22 April 2008 12:11 AM

Probably jealous because he is driving a rebadged Vauxhall...

New_scooby_04 22 April 2008 09:36 AM

Maybe he was actually offering you a cocktail to reward your good overtaking? ;)

Ns04

Paul3446 22 April 2008 09:42 AM

Quote:
"
I hate white small van men, on there mobile phones. "

Isn't that a bit racist (and heightist)! :wonder:

stilover 22 April 2008 09:55 AM

The guy was an actor. Practicing for his audition for the new Nescafe advert.

finalzero 22 April 2008 09:58 AM

The "Fonzy Shuffle" can easily be mistaken for the W sign.. hold on they are both the same thing!

*Edit: I have not had enough coffee this morning as our vending machine is broken*

johnnyroper 22 April 2008 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by escott (Post 7825722)

yep the old vectra in drag shame

robby 22 April 2008 08:00 PM

Maybe he was asking if you wanted a handjob :)

bighead 22 April 2008 08:08 PM

Had the same thing yesterday, on right hand lane in heavy traffic, the lane i was in merges with the inside lane into one lane only, so I slowly merge with it , now the old gits behind did not like me overtaking him as he was trying to nip past me on my inside lol, next thing he peeps his horn loud ( implying I had took his "space") so I look in my rear view mirror.....slow my car right down to a stand still :)(5mph) and block him as he try to over take me , that did to trick ...pissed him right off , he'll think twice before doing that to anyone again :thumb:
ps was also ready for some road rage if he got out as well :)

scoobmeister 22 April 2008 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by escott (Post 7825722)

Didn't Saab sell a rebadged Subaru in America?

Nash_Impreza 22 April 2008 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by bighead (Post 7827339)
Had the same thing yesterday, on right hand lane in heavy traffic, the lane i was in merges with the inside lane into one lane only, so I slowly merge with it , now the old gits behind did not like me overtaking him as he was trying to nip past me on my inside lol, next thing he peeps his horn loud ( implying I had took his "space") so I look in my rear view mirror.....slow my car right down to a stand still :)(5mph) and block him as he try to over take me , that did to trick ...pissed him right off , he'll think twice before doing that to anyone again :thumb:
ps was also ready for some road rage if he got out as well :)

hmmm i thenk myself and other drivers would have also given you the same reaction if you did that to us...

C17RPA 22 April 2008 08:25 PM

you think thats bad....try putting an aerial up on a classic when your driving:D its better when the police are behind you :D :D :D ;)

NUTTYNICK 22 April 2008 08:26 PM

In my job, that looks similar to the 'on the double' sign ie run. Maybe he wanted you to go faster?

Everyone is always big and brave when in a car. Faces change when the traffic stops or a roundabout is reached though. For some reason, the stereo needs tuning in (to prevent eye contact). Not an advocator of violence, but it is quite awkward to wipe your own arse with two broken arms.

CyprusScooby 22 April 2008 09:36 PM

At the end of the day, he's the w*nker cause he's driving a Saab!!!! Bet he was driving like a complete **** like the majority of Saab drivers as well!!!!!!!!!!

Imprezive_52 22 April 2008 10:37 PM

I saw the single most funny act of road rage yesterday evening whilst sittin in my local boozer pearing out of the window.
Basically a big ol transit pulled out on a small corsa van to which the transit got a toot. So, the transit proceeded to swerve towards the corsa van and then the corsa stopped, blocking the transit.
The two guys both got out and ran at each arms swinging like wind mills.

They both had a bitch slap fight (No punches, just grabbing at each others hands) and then ran back to their own vans and drove off lol.

Could not believe it! was hilarious though!:lol1: :lol1:

NUTTYNICK 22 April 2008 10:41 PM

Sounds like gay lovers gone mad

EDV11 22 April 2008 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by CyprusScooby (Post 7827588)
At the end of the day, he's the w*nker cause he's driving a Saab!!!! Bet he was driving like a complete **** like the majority of Saab drivers as well!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!! I own a 9-5 Aero :lol1:

JimmyBFC 22 April 2008 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by NUTTYNICK (Post 7827395)
In my job, that looks similar to the 'on the double' sign ie run. Maybe he wanted you to go faster?

Everyone is always big and brave when in a car. Faces change when the traffic stops or a roundabout is reached though. For some reason, the stereo needs tuning in (to prevent eye contact). Not an advocator of violence, but it is quite awkward to wipe your own arse with two broken arms.

lmao....spot on mate, some divvy did this to my mate, cut him up, and because my mate pipped the horn, the fella in front (audi driver :Whatever_) gave him the hand gesture, hilariously they both ended up stuck in traffic further up the road, well my mate, who isn't very sane tbh, took this opportunity to "ask" the driver what the fvck he thought he was doing....all I can say is the Audi driver was shocked at how easy the window went in...lol....mate drove off but was collared by the old bill later that day.......it was out of order (my friend) but still makes me laugh.

escott 22 April 2008 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by scoobmeister (Post 7827349)
Didn't Saab sell a rebadged Subaru in America?

92-x or something? Might have been interesting to see it over here, a WRX with a better interior can't be a bad thing. US only though I believe?

Underworld 23 April 2008 06:34 AM

he probably thought "oh am a w@nker" and did that to himself for getting a saab and not a scoob!!!:wonder: :wonder: :hjtwofing

Spyder550 23 April 2008 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by escott (Post 7827815)
92-x or something? Might have been interesting to see it over here, a WRX with a better interior can't be a bad thing. US only though I believe?

Yep, guess it was for those who couldn't decide which team to bat for :lol1:

http://www.9motors.com/images/saab92x.jpg

PantsUK 23 April 2008 09:11 AM

My last car was a 9-3 Vector Sport and I've got to say as an all round car (not just for petrolheads) it's probably the best car I've had (vag-bmw-lexus inc). Anyone who reckons it's just a vectra really haven't had one yes it does share lots of things but it's in a different quality league all together.

It was a diesel therfore dull though !!! :D I enjoy the commute much more in the STI. :thumb:

Alexppp 23 April 2008 11:03 AM

Who's know, maybe the poor chap had parkinsons.

A

GlesgaKiss 23 April 2008 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Alexppp (Post 7828412)
Who's know, maybe the poor chap had parkinsons.

A

:lol1:

I was passed by a guy in a saab a few years ago, and it was just starting to snow heavily. Passed him further down the road in a field which was hilarious.

escott 23 April 2008 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by PantsUK (Post 7828207)
My last car was a 9-3 Vector Sport and I've got to say as an all round car (not just for petrolheads) it's probably the best car I've had (vag-bmw-lexus inc). Anyone who reckons it's just a vectra really haven't had one yes it does share lots of things but it's in a different quality league all together.

It was a diesel therfore dull though !!! :D I enjoy the commute much more in the STI. :thumb:

I should point out I'm not slating Saab's at all, only those Saab drivers who look down on Subaru drivers.

urdad 23 April 2008 01:09 PM

Pretty new to this scooby ownership thing,but I have experienced what you're on about here.
When I had a BMW it was similar,people expect you to drive a certain way depending on the car you drive.
Recently I've had Rovers bugging me,just this very morning a dick in an Astra decided he was going to move fast enough just to creep past the car next to him(yes he can drive how he wants),even when he overtook he wouldn't move over,obviously a dual carriageway,tbh I just thought what a kok.
Also had a white van pull out in front of me today...:cuckoo:
Even worse when you ride a bike,toooooooooooo many twats on the road..

The Trooper 1815 23 April 2008 01:53 PM

A3 = Golf in a posh suit.
SAAB = Vectra in a velour track suit!.

Enough said.