ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bike VS Truck accident, ouch, but not what you think (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/682946-bike-vs-truck-accident-ouch-but-not-what-you-think.html)

Snazy 21 April 2008 07:50 AM

Bike VS Truck accident, ouch, but not what you think

1 Attachment(s)
How strange !
Wont post all the pics just incase any are a bit to eeew, (not that they are) but what a bizarre accident.!

A truck was travelling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa , Oklahoma .

Motorcyclist was travelling at ~120mph and ran into the back of the moving semi-truck.

Truck driver said he felt the impact, and it took almost a 1/4 mile for him to pull over.

This is what he found...

Wish 21 April 2008 08:46 AM

Never seen this one before......
But I was going to post about the one going around Facebook at the moment. Its a guy thats hit by a truck, looks to be on a scooter, and then goes under the wheels as the truck skids to a stop he actualy under the rear wheel and gets torn in two.

Does anyone know if that it real or not?? Its sick what ever ...

OllyK 21 April 2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 7823381)
Never seen this one before......
But I was going to post about the one going around Facebook at the moment. Its a guy thats hit by a truck, looks to be on a scooter, and then goes under the wheels as the truck skids to a stop he actualy under the rear wheel and gets torn in two.

Does anyone know if that it real or not?? Its sick what ever ...

True, it would seem
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Tulsa Motorcycle Crash

Snazy 21 April 2008 09:05 AM

Yeah I got emailed that one the other day..... eeeew, the wheels lock perfectly at the end ! :(

As for the one above, there are some more pics, but not sure how much people are happy seeing. Nothing gruesome, but a little blood. But a much clearer picture of where he ended up.

Snazy 21 April 2008 09:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 more, 1 of the bike. The second has a little blood in it, nothing shocking though.

I do realise this set of photos is not exactly new too ;)

cookstar 21 April 2008 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by OllyK (Post 7823384)

Odd that, he appears to have no boots or socks on, I would have expected there to just be stumps if he had been dragged like that for a mile, unless someone has taken them off since stopping :wonder:

Snazy 21 April 2008 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 7823419)
Odd that, he appears to have no boots or socks on, I would have expected there to just be stumps if he had been dragged like that for a mile, unless someone has taken them off since stopping :wonder:

Could have just been wearing trainers, it looks like the left has a sock on.... USA I think so quite possible.
Dragged 1/4 mile, not a mile ;)

cookstar 21 April 2008 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7823426)
Could have just been wearing trainers, it looks like the left has a sock on.... USA I think so quite possible.
Dragged 1/4 mile, not a mile ;)

still 1/4 a mile @ 55MPH is gonna cheese grate your foot clean off

Torquemada 21 April 2008 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7823329)
How strange !
Wont post all the pics just incase any are a bit to eeew, (not that they are) but what a bizarre accident.!

A truck was travelling down the highway at around 1 o'clock in the morning near Tulsa , Oklahoma .

Motorcyclist was travelling at ~120mph and ran into the back of the moving semi-truck.

Truck driver said he felt the impact, and it took almost a 1/4 mile for him to pull over.

This is what he found...

The best bumper sticker ever! Where do I get one? :lol1:

Nice find :)

Snazy 21 April 2008 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 7823433)
still 1/4 a mile @ 55MPH is gonna cheese grate your foot clean off

Depends how long it took the footwear to depart from the foot.
Know someone dragged 300metres on his knee, that only just got down to the bone.

lol @ bumper sticker, beats the hell out of the stick on Garfield butts anyway :luxhello:

cookstar 21 April 2008 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 7823456)
Depends how long it took the footwear to depart from the foot.
Know someone dragged 300metres on his knee, that only just got down to the bone.

lol @ bumper sticker, beats the hell out of the stick on Garfield butts anyway :luxhello:

The pic should look like this

http://i25.tinypic.com/rw46xj.jpg

Snazy 21 April 2008 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 7823480)
The pic should look like this

http://i25.tinypic.com/rw46xj.jpg

lol but he still has feet, as my teacher used to say... "Good effort, try harder" lol

I know what you mean though ,but as I say, it really depends on how long it took what type of footwear to come off :)

J4CKO 21 April 2008 12:28 PM

So I guess he didnt survive then ?

mrtheedge2u2 21 April 2008 12:31 PM

As it turned out, he did survive and later admitted he was just being a nosey bugger and was having a look inside the trailer.

Nido 21 April 2008 12:36 PM

Remember that when the truck was on the move there would have been a rather large amount of windblast keeping those legs off the ground, just sit behind one on the motorway to see how much air they displace!

Brun 21 April 2008 12:41 PM

As it turned out, he did survive and later admitted he was just being a nosey bugger and was having a look inside the trailer.
:lol:

Snazy 21 April 2008 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nido (Post 7823818)
Remember that when the truck was on the move there would have been a rather large amount of windblast keeping those legs off the ground, just sit behind one on the motorway to see how much air they displace!

Good point too :)

lol @ the nosey comment though :D

J4CKO 21 April 2008 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2 (Post 7823802)

:D

bioforger 21 April 2008 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 7823787)
So I guess he didnt survive then ?

:lol1: u are having a laugh right?

CyprusScooby 22 April 2008 07:35 PM

Thats awful!

finalzero 22 April 2008 07:53 PM

Seen the full story to this, pretty gruesome photo's but this kind of thing happens a lot in the states from what I read - bikes are a death trap imo even if highly addictive speed demons

Funkii Munkii 23 April 2008 08:16 AM

If it was a caption compo i'd go for

You'll never push start that on your own mate !

I'll get my coat.....