ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   A new GT5 update (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/682108-a-new-gt5-update.html)

ScooByer Trade 17 April 2008 12:29 AM

A new GT5 update

Sadly no damage yet, although with these updates coming in it may be here anytime soon.

bob269 17 April 2008 01:02 AM

Surely they won't be adding the damage to the prologue demo thingy, they've got to leave something for the real game

Neanderthal 17 April 2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ScooByer Trade (Post 7814370)
...... it may be here anytime soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GaryK 17 April 2008 10:09 AM

I think it was because the graphics are lacking, they wanted something slick like trans am for the speccy ZX Spectrum: Trans Am

messiah 17 April 2008 11:30 AM

Slightly off topic - but is anybody getting the Metal Gear Online Beta?

spectrum48k 17 April 2008 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7814888)
Slightly off topic - but is anybody getting the Metal Gear Online Beta?

I'm not a fan of online, so no, although I'll buy the retail game.

Kojima will have something up his sleeve for the online game I bet. There'll be something evolutionary in there. Keep us posted!

Daft Lad 17 April 2008 07:49 PM

Does anybody else have an absolute nightmare trying to download these GT5 updates? The first one took at least 20 attempts before it managed to download successfully, and this one so far looks like its going to be the same! :brickwall

Normski 17 April 2008 07:59 PM

I was the same the other night, took 10 or 15 attempts.

Have you seen the Gran turismo Tv programs? On the GTR and Evo X. Pretty good.

messiah 18 April 2008 09:03 AM

Never had any trouble with DL's on the PS3 - are you using wireless?

Iain Young 18 April 2008 09:32 AM

Not tried downloading this update yet, but the previous update took nearly an hour to download. Tried the PS3 on wireless, and wired. Makes no difference. I've even tried eliminating the router and connecting the console directly to the cable modem, but have the same result.

The connection is just painfully slow for me. In online gaming as well. Even the new shop takes minutes to display each page for me, (whilst the pc and 360 on the same connection simply fly). It's a 20mb Virgin media cable connection so should be quick enough.

Very unimpressed with the online stuff so far.

Daft Lad 18 April 2008 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by messiah (Post 7817022)
Never had any trouble with DL's on the PS3 - are you using wireless?

Yep I'm using wireless. All other downloads are fine, PS3 system updates and updates for other games download with no problems at all, just the GT5 ones seem to take no end of attempts before they download properly!

spectrum48k 18 April 2008 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Iain Young (Post 7817076)
Not tried downloading this update yet, but the previous update took nearly an hour to download. Tried the PS3 on wireless, and wired. Makes no difference. I've even tried eliminating the router and connecting the console directly to the cable modem, but have the same result.

The connection is just painfully slow for me. In online gaming as well. Even the new shop takes minutes to display each page for me, (whilst the pc and 360 on the same connection simply fly). It's a 20mb Virgin media cable connection so should be quick enough.

Very unimpressed with the online stuff so far.

Iain, what's the opposite of a someone with a "Midas Touch" ?

messiah 18 April 2008 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by spectrum48k (Post 7817934)
Iain, what's the opposite of a someone with a "Midas Touch" ?

Someone with a Sh!tty Stick...:D

"oh my God, my connection is totally GutGouger today..."

DJ Dunk 18 April 2008 03:14 PM

Of course the Midas Touch was a bane and a curse, shiny it may become, but also devoid of life and soul ;)

By that analogy, I would assume that you are suggesting Iain can turn the PS3 into something wonderous. Something Sony even failed to do :D

Iain Young 18 April 2008 04:14 PM

Lol :D

scoobyboy 19 April 2008 05:27 PM

has any one managed to complete class s yet? i'm stuck on the pp700 races i can't find a car to keep up with them down the straights hence they go past me and i lose, i went from 3rd to 6th just on the straight which is rather annoying as i would have made it if i could go faster!