ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   what is the best sky offer at the mo? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/681986-what-is-the-best-sky-offer-at-the-mo.html)

Ian 16 April 2008 04:02 PM

what is the best sky offer at the mo?

would like the sky+ box, internet, basic tv is fine, dont mind about the phone.

havent got a land line now, but i think it is £11 from sky for a bt one.

any info welcome

michaelro 16 April 2008 05:21 PM

Forum's can have deals on them - Go to the last page and work backwards

Digital TV Cost Cutting Article - Discuss What You've Been Offered - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Or maybe here:

HotUKDeals - All - All

Jamz3k 16 April 2008 05:34 PM

Hi OP

You will need to get a BT line installed for your broadband, have you checked yet to see if you can get sky broadband in your area?

Best deal going on at the moment is FREE sky plus with a £30 installation fee (£55 if you don't have a BTLine) but you have to take the full packet for the first month. After your first month you could move your package down to £16 plus whatever broadband package your after.

James

Ian 16 April 2008 07:39 PM

price up date from what i have found out.

basic tv £16 pm
BT line £11 (hopefully be able to have this, building is around 60 years oul, so prob is in here somewhere all ready)

but in this area, sky want £17 for internet that is 8meg!!

so i am thinking about doing the tv with plus box with phone line with sky, then try and get internet with someone else.

have tried o2, but they can not do it in my area.

is there a checker where i find out what internet conections i can get with out having to phone them all up?

boxst 17 April 2008 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by DaOne (Post 7813572)
is there a checker where i find out what internet conections i can get with out having to phone them all up?

Try SamKnows: Samknows Broadband - Availability checker. It will tell you what products (LLU) are avaialble at your exchange.

Steve

Ian 17 April 2008 02:42 PM

The following services are available in your location:

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
Virgin Media (Cable)

what would be the best deal i can get, i dont mind getting the internet from a differnet place than sky

spectrum48k 17 April 2008 03:04 PM

rumour has it SkyHD is down to £99 for the box, next month.

Ian 17 April 2008 03:25 PM

havent got a HD tv, and prob wont have for a long time i should think.

do you think i can get the sky+ box for free with the basic tv and phone line, and then get the internet from somewhere else?

anyone work for sky here?

jowl 17 April 2008 03:38 PM

What about Virgin Media then? Or do you want Sky?

Virgin have bundles from 2 for 20 to 4 for 40 upwards.

Ian 17 April 2008 04:14 PM

have got virgin at the mo, and the best they can do is £35 for the xl tv, 4meg (think it is going up to 8meg soon) and phone.

but i miss sky 1 and a few others, and would like the sky+ box that you can record etc on.

scoobyverysoon 17 April 2008 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by spectrum48k (Post 7815398)
rumour has it SkyHD is down to £99 for the box, next month.

thats better but im still not happy about the extra £10 a month just for a few HD channels:(

kernel 17 April 2008 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 7815701)
thats better but im still not happy about the extra £10 a month just for a few HD channels:(

Snap, as soon as they drop the 10'er a month I'll bite.

s700by t 19 April 2008 09:02 AM

just noticed this thread im the portsmouth area and just last night was quoted £10 for phone £5 for 4meg broadband we already have 4 sky boxes in the house i asked for a price on hd they said our subscibtion would stay the same but they want £209 just for the box . i have a mate who is one of their installers ill ask tonight down the pub to see if he has any info

Ian 20 April 2008 11:18 AM

anyone work for virgin? any way to got there recording box (like sky+ box0 for free?