ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Money well spent? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/680379-money-well-spent.html)

SJ_Skyline 09 April 2008 11:13 AM

Money well spent?

11 years ago we believed that Diana died in a nasty accident...

Now £10 million pounds of public money spent later, and we are told that Diana died in a nasty accident...

Christ's sake :rolleyes:

Leslie 09 April 2008 11:17 AM

Would you feel the same if some person had been discovered as having murdered her though?

Les

stilover 09 April 2008 11:17 AM

They'd have only spent it on housing immigrants anyway.

Spoon 09 April 2008 11:34 AM

If there were armco barriers in the tunnel it'd saved lives, time and money.

Alcohol + high speed + over a crest + heavy unstable car + inability to catch the slide + concrete pillar = bad accident. Lack of seatbelt wearing didn't help with the results of the accident either.

My view = Free of charge. :thumb:

PeteBrant 09 April 2008 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline (Post 7796171)
11 years ago we believed that Diana died in a nasty accident...

Now £10 million pounds of public money spent later, and we are told that Diana died in a nasty accident...

That wasn't what the Jury found though - They were given "accidental death" as an option and instead they went for "Unlawful killing".

Devildog 09 April 2008 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7796253)
That wasn't what the Jury found though - They were given "accidental death" as an option and instead they went for "Unlawful killing".

But the "guilty" parties are either dead or unknown. Spoon has hit nail on head.

If she's been wearing a seatbelt as she should have been she'd not be dead.

Les, in all honesty, do you actually believe that if Phil the Greek and/or her Majesties Secret Service had been responsible, the Jury would ever have been able (or allowed) to establish that?

It was £10m down the pan. Al Fayed should be invited to pay the bill, or face having Harrods taken into Crown ownership.

Leslie 09 April 2008 12:25 PM

Les, in all honesty, do you actually believe that if Phil the Greek and/or her Majesties Secret Service had been responsible, the Jury would ever have been able (or allowed) to establish that?

Not for a moment of course, but I meant anyone else, not necessarily him.

Les

Dan W 09 April 2008 01:01 PM

Its all a bloody farce.

Accidents happen.

mrtheedge2u2 09 April 2008 01:22 PM

The jury should of been given another option namely "who cares"

baser999 09 April 2008 01:58 PM

I see in todays press that Ali Harrods has said that he's accepted the verdict 'with reservations' but he believed the inquest had backed up his belief that the couple had been murdered. Excuse me Ali, where did the inquest verdict say that?? His brains and sense of reason have clearly gone awol with his dress sense

David Lock 09 April 2008 02:49 PM

Why was it so critical to try and outrun the following press? Just to avoid a few photos as Diana disappeared into some sleazy flat? Thought she had got used to the press?

I would like a large part of the bill sent to Fayed with a note telling him to go back to his corner shop in Cairo. Nasty little man (sorry his kid died etc).

So it costs up to £10m to conclude that if you hit a concrete pillar at high speed your going to get killed. Wow :mad:

Wurzel 09 April 2008 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by PeteBrant (Post 7796253)

And there was me thinking ALL killing was unlawful in the western world, so what sort of verdict is that.