ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   James Bond to drive a Ford Ka! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/680135-james-bond-to-drive-a-ford-ka.html)

Deep Singh 08 April 2008 08:39 AM

James Bond to drive a Ford Ka!

In the papers yesterday, the Ford Ka will be his main vehicle! Daniel had to fight to have the Aston make a small appearance at the end.

I know all about product placement but whatever next?? Bond dressed in Burton clothing?

stoneface 08 April 2008 09:40 AM

Apparently he going to be sporting a Casio watch.

borderlinechris 08 April 2008 09:56 AM

i hear theres a shootout in matalan over a jumper that bond is taking back WITHOUT A RECEIPT....

Shark Man 08 April 2008 09:59 AM

Christ, when will the product placement in Bond films ever end? :lol1:

Do Ford really think this will make people buy a Ka? It didn't make me want to buy a Thunder(Chunder)Bird or a Mondeo. :rolleyes:

I suppose its to do with the new one due to be launched soon...which is about time. Its based on a 19 year old chassis design!

dpb 08 April 2008 10:01 AM

Well hes a bit of a pussy anyway ..

STi wanna Subaru 08 April 2008 10:08 AM

Bond is wank... Bourne is where it's at now.

Spyder550 08 April 2008 10:24 AM

Bond to drive a Ka?, well it'll give him a chance to express his feminine side :lol1:

subaruturbo_18 08 April 2008 11:28 AM

lol. as ford are hoping to make the ka look cool, why don't redbull make him drive the redbull mini, or sea world make him drive the whale beetle :lol1::lol1::lol1:

NACRO 08 April 2008 11:29 AM

As he's driven a 2CV in a previous film I'd imagine a KA is a major upgrade. Plus Bond doesn't need a car to bolster his ego unlike some people it would seem...........

Scooby Snacks 23 08 April 2008 01:17 PM

Ford have paid circa £35M to have the new Ka seen in Quantum of Solace, but I don't believe DC is gonna be actually driving it - it is involved in a specif scene.

The AM DBS makes a welcome return and DC arrived in Italy on Sunday to recommence filming around Lake Garda - the opening sequence to the film is rumoured to have a high speed chase around the lake itself (with the DBS - high-speed and the Ka just don't go do they ;)) ending in a rather large explosion.

I believe QoS is costing around £230M to make, so it's not surprising they need a little bit of product placement. Was the Austin Powers films that took the p*ss out of product placements? It was funny, whichever it was.

EddScott 08 April 2008 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 7793617)
As he's driven a 2CV

For Your Eyes Only

:)

RoShamBo 08 April 2008 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23 (Post 7793910)

I believe QoS is costing around £230M to make, .

No way !! Really ?? I can't believe its costing that much to make surely?