ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My Scoobie Keys Stolen! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/680005-my-scoobie-keys-stolen.html)

MKScoobie 07 April 2008 05:26 PM

My Scoobie Keys Stolen!

Afternoon all,
Need some help on this one. My home was broken into last night and my keys for my scoobie stolen. We caught them at it but fled in a black SLK AMG along with my keys and another set of car keys and my house keys. They came back an hour later to have another go but sped off again as i chased them down the road:nono: . Ive had the lock changed on my house but changing the locks on my car is seeming to be more difficult. My excess with directline is £1200 im thinking i could get the locks changed cheaper than this and a new alarm fitted.
Any help or views on this would be appreciated

Thanks.

taffyboyo 07 April 2008 05:34 PM

I'd park it at a friends house for a while, just incase the keys turn up somewhere, especially as your gonna pay yourself.

buggers, at least you stopped them, well done :)

fivetide 07 April 2008 05:34 PM

Scrapper with the keys still with it. However i think you'll need the ecu mapped to the new keys or the immobiliser will kick in (at least on a newage)

Guess you are sleeping in the car the night then!

5t.

Ben2563 07 April 2008 05:39 PM

Bad luck mate, if I were you Id take the battery out of it and a wheel off so its cant be moved if you leave it at the same address before locks are changed.

OR, not sayin violence is the way forward, make it look like your out, wait over the road in a van with your mste and kick living **** out of them way they come back.

Just a thought....

MKScoobie 07 April 2008 05:40 PM

Had 1 sleepless night last night was only in bed 20 minutes when they decided to have a go i think ill take the advice and leave it at a friends tonight.

subarujimmy 07 April 2008 08:26 PM

Sorry to hear this mate. What area you in?

Shark Man 07 April 2008 08:35 PM

Yup go park it up elsewhere, preferably garaged; and fit a disk-lock too.

Disconnecting the crank sensor under the alternator won't do no harm either.

And if its a model with plug leads - take the leads with you (can't be done on models with individual coilpacks).

MKScoobie 08 April 2008 05:18 PM

Im in Milton Keynes hidden it away in a mates garage also took the advice and spent £65 on a disclok!!
Cheers guys:thumb:

billyray911 08 April 2008 06:52 PM

scumbags have long memories and the keys to a scooby will be too much of a temptation.Use your rear view mirror a lot,just in case your'e followed and get a tracker fitted as if your not getting your locks changed,you won't be able to relax any time soon:Suspiciou

JamieMiller 08 April 2008 07:00 PM

You can reprogramme the fob if it has the Sigma alarm. It was in an instruction booklet in my handbook. The same instruction for adding a new fob. When you add a new fob you blank all the others and have to start again.

smokingkills 08 April 2008 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by MKScoobie (Post 7794521)
Im in Milton Keynes hidden it away in a mates garage also took the advice and spent £65 on a disclok!!

Spend another tenner on a pick axe handle too :thumb:

finalzero 08 April 2008 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by MKScoobie (Post 7794521)

I'm in MK as well, it's been pretty quiet for this kind of thing but weather is starting to cheer up so we should be a bit more vigilent.

The probably scouted your car mate, I had a car follow me 2 weeks ago, noticed was following and took a few different routes instead of going home, car was following so sped off and lost them... didn't sleep well for a few nights.