ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Bring on the flame suit !!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/679655-bring-on-the-flame-suit.html)

jmckella 06 April 2008 12:02 AM

Bring on the flame suit !!!!!

I'm not been funny, but if you own an impreza and don't smash the speed limit, you should sell up and buy a people carrier !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why spend all the extra money on petrol, insurance, cost etc if you're not going to use your power.

Sensible people don't reply !!!!!!

Sorry if I'm not being pc, but I've had enough of being PC !!!!
:hjtwofing
Jase.

Dan W 06 April 2008 12:04 AM

What's a speed limit?

red line top gear to me.

jmckella 06 April 2008 12:14 AM

Nice one !!!!

Dan W 06 April 2008 12:22 AM

:thumb: cool

Dspeed 06 April 2008 12:22 AM

Enjoy it while we can the government will make cars like ours illegal soon enough neway.

Dan W 06 April 2008 12:30 AM

not if we get rid of the fools in power

johnnywrx 06 April 2008 12:45 AM

I only recently SOLD my people carrier to BUY an Impreza and i don't smash speed limits and only do approx 3500 miles a year i brought the car as i always wanted one and until the kids were out of prams,buggies i needed the extra space so the buggies whent and so did the people carrier:D

scoobyverysoon 06 April 2008 12:56 AM

Dont come moaning on here when a speeding car knocks down a member of your family and kills them because they were doing 70 in a 30 zone :mad:

jmckella 06 April 2008 01:03 AM

I guess you haven't got a scoob then, unless you just want to look the part ?
Grow some bolls !!
As again, why buy a fast car and not use it ?!?!?! Fair point if you don't have a fast car.

scoobyverysoon 06 April 2008 01:13 AM

Youve lost the plot :brickwallThere`s a time and a place for racing I.E a race track :rolleyes: not through built up areas etc.

Dan W 06 April 2008 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyverysoon (Post 7788510)
Dont come moaning on here when a speeding car knocks down a member of your family and kills them because they were doing 70 in a 30 zone :mad:

where I live there are EMPTY roads. and I mean EMPTY. remote mid wales B roads with nothing on them but plenty of curves dips and brows. I have driven them long enough to know when to bollok the car. NEVER in urban areas.

scoobyverysoon 06 April 2008 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dan W (Post 7788536)
where I live there are EMPTY roads. and I mean EMPTY. remote mid wales B roads with nothing on them but plenty of curves dips and brows. I have driven them long enough to know when to bollok the car. NEVER in urban areas.

I cant fault some of the roads in wales some are :notworthy national speed limit twisty single tracks are great :luxhello:

djmisio85 06 April 2008 02:52 AM

Troll?

But in answer to your question. There are many reasons to own a subaru, which arent just about being able to go fast.

-the impreza is a good looking car
-the burble of the exhaust
-good build quality
-reliable (if not abused)

for some people its a case of
-they just want one, its their money
-just the fact of knowing you have the power, but dont need to show it off everywhere you drive

and lastly
-theres a time and a place to drive fast
-ie a track day
-non-urban roads, country roads, which you know well

To be honest, I dont think theres a single scooby owner who hasnt driven fast..... Find me one, then maybe this post will have a meaning.:thumb:

Prasius 06 April 2008 09:54 AM

The single most contentious thing posted on this thread so far?

Originally Posted by djmisio85 (Post 7788572)
-the impreza is a good looking car

:lol1:

catons scooby 06 April 2008 09:58 AM

I think you mean was a good looking car.

djmisio85 06 April 2008 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Prasius (Post 7788716)
The single most contentious thing posted on this thread so far?

:lol1:

Lol, obviously the bugeye went through my mind at that time, but with the right mods, morretes for example, it is a good looking car.....
but yes, mainly the classic comes under the "good looking" category
:D

jmckella 06 April 2008 10:05 AM

I was only messing guys !!
I never go too fast in built up areas, there are plenty of open roads around here for me to open her up.

scoobian 06 April 2008 10:23 AM

I defy anyone to drive the A686 to Hartside in a Scoob without breaking a speed limit

..............its one of the great pleasures in life

scoobyverysoon 06 April 2008 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by catons scooby (Post 7788728)
I think you mean was a good looking car.

:lol1: (bring back the classic :luxhello: )

Welloilbeefhooked 06 April 2008 10:29 AM

What a stupid thread.

No more to be said!

Wayne.

dpb 06 April 2008 10:35 AM

Would you feel better about killing someone whilst driving recklessly throw an estate or on the open road :Suspiciou

WRX616 06 April 2008 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by scoobian (Post 7788767)
I defy anyone to drive the A686 to Hartside in a Scoob without breaking a speed limit

..............its one of the great pleasures in life

One of the best driving roads EVER!! Its a toss up between Hartside A686 and Ullswater to Windermere via Kirkstone Pass for me, best roads ever for a Scoob IMO.

moff1888 06 April 2008 11:31 AM

Newton Stewart to Stranraer. Proper twisty roads and rarely can you get flying but with all the bends its a great road.

The Chief 06 April 2008 11:40 AM

Look the guy is a relative newby, i'm sure he really didn't mean he speeds through built up areas, i'd be the first to condemn him if he did and he has stated as such.

lets all count to ten and breathe.....:)

give him a break:thumb:

bluenosewrx 06 April 2008 11:41 AM

Another guy infracted for having a opinion!!!!!!!!!

i have broke the speed limit in my car many times BUT only in the right roads, and only in open areas, never built up or any dangerous overtaking etc.

Its the only thing i enjoy about owning a Cash Cow like a Impreza.

Mac

jd5217 06 April 2008 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by jmckella (Post 7788742)
I was only messing guys !!
I never go too fast in built up areas, there are plenty of open roads around here for me to open her up.

this was a deliberate thread!

dpb 06 April 2008 11:44 AM

I think you mean a bottomless pit,but anyway :thumb: :D

powerman1 06 April 2008 02:41 PM

300bhp....AWD....0 to 60 5 secs...road holding/handling....thats what its all about and if you dont try any of these when safe to do so then get a nice looking Mondeo:) .

dpb 06 April 2008 03:25 PM

i did :D

- it goes round corners as well ;)

Matt241 06 April 2008 06:55 PM

Ullswater to Windemere rocks for sure one of the best roads via Kirkstone Pass my Dad lives in the lakes and you cant beat the roads. Cant beat pounding the loud pedal on the right roads either.