ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bath, the place that is... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/679560-bath-the-place-that-is.html)

Rex93 05 April 2008 02:57 PM

Bath, the place that is...

Anybody live in or know anything about Bath? I have an appointment in Upper Borough Walls, Bath in a couple of weeks and having never been before, any info on best places to park, traffic, places to avaoid etc etc would be greatfully received.

MattW 05 April 2008 10:07 PM

Arrive early. Traffic is a mare ;)

RON 06 April 2008 12:17 AM

Most of the parking in the city is with a voucher of sorts, can be a right ar5e!!!

baser999 06 April 2008 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by RON (Post 7788475)
Most of the parking in the city is with a voucher of sorts, can be a right ar5e!!!

I agree - went there year before last and hotel provided me with a parking permit enabling me to park in the street nearby. If its like everywhere else, I can only assume that the situations got worse since then.

Sonic' 06 April 2008 01:00 AM

Bath used to be great, but it has been many years since I was last there, so I guess times have changed a bit since then

Robert Rosario 06 April 2008 07:20 PM

The Raven is a good pub!

beamer 06 April 2008 09:52 PM

Use the park and ride ;)

Park and Ride - Bath & North East Somerset Council

terence 06 April 2008 10:06 PM

im there all the time my gf's at uni there... absolutely gorjus place, lots to do & see.

... traffic... an absolute nightmare. i follow a rule, hit the city after 9pm and if your luky you wont be stuck in traffic for ages :)

... naa it really is a bit hit and miss but mostly hit, usually traffic is crazy, theres vvv few places to park in the centre, but there is one multistory carpark.

... be careful for speed cameras, take your tom tom as theres a few kicking around.

lovely place though :)

Rae 06 April 2008 10:50 PM

charlotte street carpark just off queens square A4, about 10 mins from where you wanna go

Rex93 07 April 2008 08:58 AM

Thanks for the info so far, don't have to be there until 1pm so hopefuly early morning traffic will have reduced a bit.

Charlotte st, has also been recommended before so looks like thats where we shall aim for..

M444GY 07 April 2008 12:44 PM

hilly as fook . some big walks ,nice town though

***Nemesis*** 07 April 2008 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rex93 (Post 7790791)
Thanks for the info so far, don't have to be there until 1pm so hopefuly early morning traffic will have reduced a bit.

Charlotte st, has also been recommended before so looks like thats where we shall aim for..

Raid the small change - minimum charge in Charlotte St is now £4 even if you are only there 5 minutes - you can stay 4 hours for that though. Machines take credit cards!

If you only plan to be an hour or two Avon St is cheaper - min charge there is only £2.60 for 2 hours.