ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   COD4 new maps (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/679356-cod4-new-maps.html)

rb5 286 04 April 2008 01:38 PM

COD4 new maps

Great news, Charlie Oscar Delta!

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will soon gain some new battlefields in the form of a Variety Map Pack. The new downloadable maps will be available on Xbox LIVEŽ Marketplace in early April for 800 MS Points. The critics are buzzing about Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare's new additions. See what IGN , GameSpot, TeamXbox and GameSpy had to say about the new Variety Map Pack. While you're there, don't miss the first gameplay footage videos of the new maps.

Below is a description of each of the four new maps...Check them out!

Individual DLC Map Descriptions:

Broadcast
Its size and alternating routes make "Broadcast" great for large team games. A large, multi-story television station with plenty of window vantage points creates the perfect setting for floor-to-floor combat. The station is surrounded by extensive outdoor areas consisting of a long parking lot, surrounding buildings with sniping hiding spots and side-rooftop access to the top and bottom floors of the television station.

Creek
A large wide open village in the woods, "Creek" consists of heavy foliage, great for sniper cover: a deep ravine offers an excellent vantage point for ambushes; an underground cave offers an alternate evasion route; and various multi-floor houses populate a patchwork of connected farmland. This extensive open map is great for snipers with plenty of natural coverage consisting of rocks and trees. There are various routes for advancement from both high and low vantage points over and underneath the hillsides. Another great map for large team games.

Chinatown
A modern revision of the classic Call of Duty "Carentan" map, "Chinatown" takes players to the foggy downtown district of a Chinatown. A night time setting, the cityscape is well lit by the full moon and the glow of brightly colored lanterns and neon lights from local businesses. This district offers a variety of open-street and interior settings, perfect for fire fights throughout the connected roads, courtyards, antique shops and markets within it. Great for all game types and players.

Killhouse
"Killhouse" is an enclosed warehouse made of plywood structures, mock-ups and speed-run courses used for training, creating the right mix of obstacles for small team games or free-for-alls with a variety of soft and hard cover points spread throughout the entire ground level

http://content.charlieoscardelta.com...killhouse1.jpg

Milamber 04 April 2008 01:42 PM

Can't wait but the big question is will it drag you away from GoW? :lol1:

Michaela 04 April 2008 02:11 PM

Cant wait :D

Mark_B4 04 April 2008 03:01 PM

:lol:

I've been looking forward to these for some time, lets hope they don't keep us waiting to much longer

WRX_Dazza 04 April 2008 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mark_B4 (Post 7784986)

I've been looking forward to these for some time, lets hope they don't keep us waiting to much longer

the maps are available now, you muppet!!! :)

Mark_B4 04 April 2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza (Post 7785005)
the maps are available now, you muppet!!! :)

When did they release them then, they weren't available last night....

Mark_B4 04 April 2008 03:24 PM

Downloading them now :thumb:

Milamber 04 April 2008 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mark_B4 (Post 7785012)
When did they release them then, they weren't available last night....

I checked last night too

Mark_B4 04 April 2008 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 7785053)
I checked last night too

When I say last night, it was the wee hours of this morning ;) :lol1:

god it's taking it's time.... 84%

SirFozzalot 04 April 2008 04:37 PM

Look very cool. :cool:

Microsoft have the exclusive for 3 weeks though so the rest of us will have to wait :rolleyes: Let us know what they are like. :thumb:

Mark_B4 04 April 2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 7785224)
Look very cool. :cool:

Microsoft have the exclusive for 3 weeks though so the rest of us will have to wait :rolleyes: Let us know what they are like. :thumb:

What a shame :lol1:

Just downloaded and had a look around the new maps... the 2 I walked around were huge very good loads of levels :thumb:

SirFozzalot 04 April 2008 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mark_B4 (Post 7785231)
What a shame :lol1:

Just downloaded and had a look around the new maps... the 2 I walked around were huge very good loads of levels :thumb:

Sounds like something to look forward to then :thumb:

rb5 286 04 April 2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 7784836)
Can't wait but the big question is will it drag you away from GoW? :lol1:

Doubt it nothing does

Deb:lol1:

Tiny 04 April 2008 07:59 PM

Milamber 04 April 2008 10:11 PM

Trying to add some points so I can down,oad the maps and it keeps telling me that it cannot retrieve the information:brickwall

rb5 286 05 April 2008 01:58 AM

I think they went live 14:00 GMT, I got an email just after that time from COD4 site

Mark_B4 05 April 2008 03:00 AM

Been playing them for a little while, never got to play on Kill house so can't comment, Creek is very good, as is broadcast, very disappointed with China town... I can't believe they are recycling old maps :brickwall has anyone else noticed?

yellowvanman 05 April 2008 09:28 AM

Mark, what the funk are you doing posting on here at 3.00am!

Don't you sleep? :wonder: :D

rb5 286 05 April 2008 03:17 PM

china town was crazy, didnt matter where u turned there was some1 to kill u, above, below, crazy!!!

WRX_Dazza 05 April 2008 04:04 PM

just about to try them now....

wish me luck

:)

SirFozzalot 05 April 2008 06:31 PM

Not hearing good reports so far from the "360" boys elsewhere. :(

Any more opinions?

rb5 286 06 April 2008 10:21 AM

i forgot just how annoying this f'in game is.

Army of 2 is a good game

WRX_Dazza 07 April 2008 12:00 PM

the new maps are great, and yes, they a remamped old ones... lol.

however, the amount of hiding places and size of the maps make for a much more interesting dust-up!!! lol :)

the outside area of broadcast has to be the best..... :)

got my arse right royally kicked last night, but will avenge those pesky yanks in due course...... either that or just verbally abuse them ;)

L.J.F 07 April 2008 03:48 PM

there will be 3 more maps released on the 360 within the next mont, they are maps designed by the competition winners.