ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Scout Hill Dewsbury - BEZ300? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/679027-scout-hill-dewsbury-bez300.html)

Jonny_E 02 April 2008 09:15 PM

Scout Hill Dewsbury - BEZ300?

Think it was you that gave me the thumbs up earlier??

Sorry if I seemed a bit late on the take up I was trying to figure out what those kids were shouting :lol1:

Bez300 02 April 2008 11:39 PM

Yes it was I.

you looked miles away.

Bez

banny sti 03 April 2008 11:23 AM

See you driving along Huddersfield Road quite regularly Bez300, when im on the way to the gym.

Banny

Bez300 04 April 2008 11:24 PM

Hi Banny
I'm sure I'v seen yours knocking about.
thought I saw you Just the other Day, ring road Dewsbury.
Did you try that place down Ravey for the methonal?
Or was I wrong about it, If so, Soz Bud.

Just short of 4 weeks to go for track day at Oulton Park. I'm Like a big kid, can't wait
Theres about 7 or 8 other scoobys going and theres some spare places left

Bez

Jonny_E 07 April 2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bez300 (Post 7781324)
Yes it was I.

you looked miles away.

Bez

Yes was in a world of my own, which I do quite a lot!

Changing the subject slightly, which garages would you recommend for servicing and/or tuning? I don't fancy using the main dealers for servicing unless I absolutely have to.

Bez300 07 April 2008 11:04 PM

I have oil and filter changed and air filter cleaned evey 4k. its just a small garage at savile town. He is really good. does every thing by the book. greases all hinges checks all the parts that require checking. proper old school.your book gets stamped and your warranty is still good. if you have any mods your warranty is out of the window. he is called Andy is number is 07850736036. and for tuned service re-map ect I use scooby clinic. its at Chesterfield but they do now how to tune. 01246591664. there are other place but I have not used them so can not comment on them.

hope that helps

What are you thinking of having done?

Bez

Bez300 07 April 2008 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=Bez300;7792909]I have oil and filter changed and air filter cleaned evey 4k. its just a small garage at savile town. He is really good. does every thing by the book. greases all hinges checks all the parts that require checking. proper old school.your book gets stamped and your warranty is still good. if you have any mods your warranty is out of the window. he is called Andy is number is 07850736036. and for tuned service re-map ect I use scooby clinic. its at Chesterfield but they do now how to tune. 01246591664. there are other place but I have not used them so can not comment on them.

hope that helps

Bez

banny sti 08 April 2008 07:54 AM

Bez I did try that place for methanol but they dont do it, so I bought a 205 litre drum from Jennychem for £160. It works out to around 80p a litre.
Banny

Jonny_E 08 April 2008 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bez300 (Post 7792909)
I have oil and filter changed and air filter cleaned evey 4k. its just a small garage at savile town. He is really good. does every thing by the book. greases all hinges checks all the parts that require checking. proper old school.your book gets stamped and your warranty is still good. if you have any mods your warranty is out of the window. he is called Andy is number is 07850736036. and for tuned service re-map ect I use scooby clinic. its at Chesterfield but they do now how to tune. 01246591664. there are other place but I have not used them so can not comment on them.

hope that helps

Bez

The car just needs a service and general check up really. Its done 1000 miles in the last year and I regularly check the oil levels etc. so everything should be OK.

As for mods I'll be starting off small but they'll be a while of yet due to a lack of money..! Everyone local seems to recommend scoobyclinic so I'll go with them when I get round to it. The problem is that there always seems to be something I need doing which is more important. Due to local w***ers I'm getting my door lock sorted this month so the mods will have to wait. Thanks for the info though I'll give Andy a call. :thumb:

banny sti 08 April 2008 02:46 PM

You can also try Chy over at Pennine Subaru in hebden bridge on 01422845007, he is pretty local to you and will give you no nonense advice on mods and is very reasonable price wise. View my scooby for all the work he carried out for me!

Banny

Jonny_E 08 April 2008 02:59 PM

I'll give him a call to as it never hurts to get more than one opinion. Sadly it'll be a while off though. I think I've seen your car about, I'll give you a wave next time we pass :thumb:

Bez300 08 April 2008 10:55 PM

Hi Banny
How much power do you think I would Gain if I was to start to use Methanol and a tweek on the Map?
Car running about 300BHP and about 370Lbs T and I'm trying to get it upto 350BHP.

Just had a look at your Scooby, There is some work been done. Bet It Goes well bud.

Bez

Bez300 08 April 2008 10:57 PM

Hi Jonny E
Get a bit of info on View my scooby, maybe a picture or 2

Bez

banny sti 09 April 2008 08:55 AM

Bez you are looking a minimum of 20 of each and will also add safety to the engine as methanol runs cooler. If you are not already on colder plugs eg pfr7bs then would advise to use them, when you get it mapped for methanol.

Banny

Bez300 10 April 2008 11:04 PM

Thanks for that Banny
Got track day at end of month at oulton park. so am going to try and get it sorted before then. Did not know about engine running cooler with Methanol. so if its a cooler burning fuel on the tweak they will advance the ignition timing so it will have time to burn all the fuel. think that is right. I will do the plugs as well. or they will.
Exhaust blowing a bit at Mo. Had a bit of a go at Donnington on Saturday drove car back, was all ok. Sunday morning all cooled down and blowing. must be on headers or up pipe, as Boost presure gone down to 14 psi from 18 psi.

Thanks for the info

Bez