ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   track day max 105db (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/677075-track-day-max-105db.html)

s9aru shady 25 March 2008 07:34 PM

track day max 105db

im looking at taking my scooby to brandshatch on tuesday for a trackday but they said to make sure it does not exceed the 105db sound restriction. has any one been to brands and had any probs running there scooby. im running a md321t set of gt spec 2 headers and a strainght through vortex exhaust and a aps induction if that make any diffrence please let me know other wise i will run the little fiesta st instead as i have paid for the day and dont want to be disapointed once there cheers shady

Tiny 25 March 2008 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by s9aru shady (Post 7759386)
im looking at taking my scooby to brandshatch on tuesday for a trackday but they said to make sure it does not exceed the 105db sound restriction. has any one been to brands and had any probs running there scooby. im running a md321t set of gt spec 2 headers and a strainght through vortex exhaust and a aps induction if that make any diffrence please let me know other wise i will run the little fiesta st instead as i have paid for the day and dont want to be disapointed once there cheers shady

You will have no problems at all at Brands in the scoob

Now if was the other JP Circuit ( Bedford ) You would be in trouble

Enjoy your day :thumb:

yellowvanman 25 March 2008 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by s9aru shady (Post 7759386)

Is your user name also your number plate?
Blue New Age, maybe white mud flaps?

If so I think we met about 6 weeks ago coming out of Basildon towards Southend, around 10.pm Sat eve. Was a fun Blatt :norty:

essexboy30 25 March 2008 08:33 PM

They noise tested me a couple of weeks ago and i have a simlar spec to you and no problems....
Might be worth having a bung available just in case....

frayz 25 March 2008 09:11 PM

I would get it checked before you go mate, a vortex wont be much quieter than my old H&S. I was 109dB static, now 91.5dB.

I get it checked beforehand to avoid disappointment on the day.

Phil 25 March 2008 09:19 PM

If you ring Brands they will noise test you beforehand as long as the marshalls are there

s9aru shady 25 March 2008 10:35 PM

it looks touch and go on it where can i get a bung anyone know

Tiny 25 March 2008 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by s9aru shady (Post 7760094)

Im 100% Sure you will not require a bung mate , But if you do pop down to Hayward & Scot they will take the dimensions & make you one to fit , I Have one for a firestorm back box

Robroy & have run our fully de catted system @ BH , On various track days without noise issues

Milamber 25 March 2008 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 7759718)
I would get it checked before you go mate, a vortex wont be much quieter than my old H&S. I was 109dB static, now 91.5dB.

Thats a hell of a difference. Every 3 dB is doubing/halving in noise level :eek:

frayz 26 March 2008 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Milamber (Post 7760231)
Thats a hell of a difference. Every 3 dB is doubing/halving in noise level :eek:

Yep, its very very quiet now Chris, even quieter with the tubular headers :D

V4JDMSTi 26 March 2008 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by s9aru shady (Post 7760094)

have one in my shed for the vortex / h&s jap style angled exit. won't fit the exhaust i have now. yours for £20 :thumb: think i paid about £40 fot it.