ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why no Veyron on Top Gear yet? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/676923-why-no-veyron-on-top-gear-yet.html)

Dan W 25 March 2008 08:30 AM

Why no Veyron on Top Gear yet?

What I mean is doing a lap when driven by the stig.

Or has there been and i missed it.

CavT 25 March 2008 09:03 AM

Bugatti won't loan them one.

Dan W 25 March 2008 09:08 AM

What a bunch of poofs.

Surely they would like to see their name on the top of the fastest lap list.

Perhaps it could be that they either think its a foregone conclusion that they would be at the top or they wouldn't be best pleased if for some obscure reason something already on the list just might happened to have been faster than what the veyron could pull off.

Just some thoughts

cookstar 25 March 2008 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Dan W (Post 7758033)
What a bunch of poofs.

Surely they would like to see their name on the top of the fastest lap list.

Perhaps it could be that they either think its a foregone conclusion that they would be at the top or they wouldn't be best pleased if for some obscure reason something already on the list just might happened to have been faster than what the veyron could pull off.

Just some thoughts

the later I suspect ;)

Dan W 25 March 2008 09:19 AM

the same suspicions here my friend

bushiwarrior 25 March 2008 09:33 AM

the veyron has been on top gear but not round the track,captain slow tried to reach the top speed only.

automodellistagt 25 March 2008 12:05 PM

er, and clarkson drove it to london from italy and hammond raced a typhoon

Dan W 25 March 2008 12:48 PM

As I said in the first post, i meant around the track. Not the top speed run in Germany by May, or the race from Italy with Plane by Clarkson. Nor the 'there and back again' drag race with the jet fighter with hammond at the wheel.

The track -the stig:thumb:

Tidgy 25 March 2008 01:09 PM

hope you noticed that all the test have been about flat out speed, not cornering.

thats the key, round a track its crap, it weighs 2 tonnes :o

i should think it would do very poorly round the TG test track due to it being not very high speed

fivetide 25 March 2008 01:31 PM

Agreed, the straight is too short, it can't take advantage of the power that it has over smaller, less powerful cars. I reckon it wouldn't do them any favours to run it.

5t.

Tidgy 25 March 2008 01:35 PM

sure theres a vid of it having its arse handed to it by an elise somewhere, strights it hands the elise its arse, but come to a corner anf the elise fecks off into the distance

banny sti 25 March 2008 01:36 PM

Said video of elise and veyron

YouTube - Bugatti Veyron vs Lotus Elise

Banny

Tidgy 25 March 2008 01:43 PM

that was quick, lol

DB07P1 25 March 2008 01:47 PM

from what i hear the veyron is suppose to handle like a dream round a track even better then your enzos and other track based cars f430 scuderia etc,this not coming from personel experience however as i dont quite have the funds :lol1:

Puff The Magic Wagon! 25 March 2008 01:49 PM

Bugatti driver doesn't know racing lines...

dpb 25 March 2008 01:52 PM

Parked up for cuppa as far as i could see...!

michaelro 25 March 2008 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by DB07P1 (Post 7758508)
from what i hear the veyron is suppose to handle like a dream round a track even better then your enzos and other track based cars f430 scuderia etc,this not coming from personel experience however as i dont quite have the funds :lol1:

It's quite close to the top for times at Nordschleife, 7 something.. as I remember.

z4mr 25 March 2008 03:14 PM

iirc Bugati Veyron 7min:50secs round Nurburing and the Nissan GTR 7min:48secs.

automodellistagt 25 March 2008 06:31 PM

what did the leafspring z06 do round the nurburgring?

David Harris 25 March 2008 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 7758471)
Agreed, the straight is too short, it can't take advantage of the power that it has over smaller, less powerful cars. I reckon it wouldn't do them any favours to run it.

5t.

Definitely, i reckon it would be surprisingly slow (within reason obviously!) around the track, not nimble enough to utilise its power on such a small course maybe? In comparison with the more 100% race and track focused cars.