ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Admin needed on rogue public server NOW (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/67690-admin-needed-on-rogue-public-server-now.html)

AndrewW 25 January 2002 08:23 PM

Hi Mike/Steve,

The following two wankers are doing continuous TK at the spawn points.

Can you determine their wonids and ban them permanently ?

Also, the guy with wonid 1317653 was detected as cheating by the server and was completely being an arse. Can you ban him as well ?

What is the f'n point ?

Andrew.

orbv 25 January 2002 08:40 PM

Just kicked a couple.

AndrewW 25 January 2002 09:00 PM

Hey orb,

Thanks for that.

They really need banning.

I mean what is the f'n point. We were actually having a pretty good game till they turned up.

If you look at there event history you'll see that it wasn't an isolated accidental TK [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Andrew.

Steve Perriam 26 January 2002 04:19 PM

hi andrew

soz icq'd u in replky to your message as was out last nite.

kewl another cheat detected ?

orb : does it auto ban them if they have been kicked for cheating or can they come back if they play without cheating ?

AndrewW 26 January 2002 04:37 PM

It was so funny.

I kept accussing the guy of cheating. It was just so obvious.

Everyone was sticking up for him, and then the big flashing message comes up saying 'so and so has been found cheating'.

Classic.

Hope they do get banned for life.

Wankers.

orbv 26 January 2002 07:05 PM

If a big message comes up 'CHEATER DETECTED' they are banned forever around 20 seconds later. We leave them on for this time so people can abuse them before being kicked. :) We could unbind all their keys plus make them glow but thats a bit over the top. Some cheats can take hours to detect but most are found within 30 seconds or so.

Team killers are not kicked or banned automatically. Because I did not see the tkers yesterday they were only kicked from the server if the names pop up again and are team killed they will be banned. I'm looking into automatic tk kicking and banning but is a hot issue as tks do happen.

AndrewW 26 January 2002 07:54 PM

Is there a way to do it based on the the number of TK's ?

Even I manage the occasional accidental TK :eek: but these guys were completely taking the piss.

They each started on different sides and as soon as the round started they would massacre everyone at the spawn point.

This went on for at least three rounds before I gave up and came looking for a mod.

Sorry if I sound like I'm after vengeance, but we were having a really good enjoyable game before these tossers came along and ruined it for everyone.

Ahh, feel a bit better now :)

Andrew.

orbv 26 January 2002 08:05 PM

This is not configurable. You either kick TKers on first kill or not. You could have started a vote to kick them both!

BarryK 28 January 2002 01:09 PM

Yep you can do listplayers in the console to find their number then vote player 23 (or whatever) if enough players vote (server set percentage)then they get kicked.

Not sure what the restriction is on them rejoining. Trouble is, not enough people know how to vote for maps or kick people so it is a bit of an uphill struggle.

Norman D. Landing 28 January 2002 01:49 PM

Bazza,

You'd be used to uphill struggling though from your gardening exploits wouldnt you ? :p

Mike Burton 28 January 2002 02:01 PM

Thought I'd removed the vote facility on both maps and players due to complaints to myself from long time users of the servers.

BTW: Just been told that the car now has to go for service at 17.5k miles..... I rang up the garage to book it in, told them what car I had, and the lady on the other end of the phone knew who I was, without asking or name or reg. plate. I asked about the new service interval, and she said "ah yes, better check that". She did, and came back to tell me to go away for another couple of months.

-
Mike

BarryK 28 January 2002 02:16 PM

Landing ya big hurmur.

Get back to yer jazz mpegs and hot vimto you dosser.

Mike B, MY01 gone to 10k or 12 months whichever is dearer, then?

orbv 28 January 2002 02:20 PM

u can still use the old style kicking

Blow Dog 28 January 2002 04:17 PM

"We could unbind all their keys plus make them glow"

LOLOL

Awesome.

Mike Burton 28 January 2002 04:38 PM

Make em' glow !!!!!!!!!

Then have them kicked after about a minute, so they get plenty of abuse :)

-
Mikee

HHxx 28 January 2002 04:41 PM

1. Make them glow
2. Restrict the buy menus for them
3. "exec" the drop weapon command constantly so they only have a knife

orbv 28 January 2002 05:07 PM

Question:

Should Cheaters be banned for:

1. one day
2. one week
3. one millennium (current setting)

Also should the cheaters be given a chance to get clean and rejoin?

The lastest fad is playing Queens 'Another One Bits the Dust' when a cheater is found. ;)

Blow Dog 28 January 2002 05:09 PM

Millennium sounds good to me.
These people know what they're doing.

Damaja 28 January 2002 05:18 PM

The only way they will learn is if they get banned for good.

Can't you overclock their cpu so it melts on the mother board?

orbv 29 January 2002 09:15 AM

What happened to one cheater at a lan game.
http://download.jubii.dk/csdiverse/cheaterlow.wmv
Stop Cheating...
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/almeric13/steve.swf

*** Edited for new movie URL ***

[Edited by orbv - 1/29/2002 10:53:15 AM]

Damaja 29 January 2002 09:20 AM

That swf is interesting, is that what wallhack actually looks like? What are those red lines is that aimbot?

Damaja 29 January 2002 09:21 AM

The movie does not seem to woek m8 :(

orbv 29 January 2002 10:02 AM

Sorry but it looks like the movie is dead. It was footage from a LAN game where a cheater was found. First the cheater was forcefully ejected then his PC/Monitor flies pass him and hits and ground exploding into a few hundred pieces. ;)

orbv 29 January 2002 10:18 AM

This works at the moment ;)

http://download.jubii.dk/csdiverse/cheaterlow.wmv

Damaja 29 January 2002 10:24 AM

Bloody americans :D