ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Scoobys in Basingstoke (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/676473-scoobys-in-basingstoke.html)

GaryCee 23 March 2008 12:39 PM

Scoobys in Basingstoke

Hi all,

Seen a lot of Scoobies in Basingstoke over the past week or so but none of them seem to be on this forum. I haven't done 'the wave' as yet but we have all acknowledged eachother.

Just thought I would tell you.

My private plates go on my car next week and once that's done and it's all cleaned up etc, I'll get some photos.

G

pslewis 23 March 2008 02:26 PM

I'm generally lurking around there ;)

Big fat ugly bugger in a Classic Wagon out-driving all the kiddies ;)

GaryCee 23 March 2008 02:31 PM

Sounds like me apart from the kids!

I'm in a silver wagon P reg if ya see me about.

pslewis 23 March 2008 02:39 PM

Do you have markings on it?

Saw a Silver this morning with stickers ...

When I said 'out driving the kiddies' - what it meant was 'out driving the kiddies' ...... in beating all the jumped up 20 and 30 somethings ;) ;) NOT with kiddies in the car!! Too old for that!

GaryCee 23 March 2008 03:23 PM

Mine is stickered yes but I haven't driven it today.

scooby0809 24 March 2008 09:30 PM

hello people, i've seen this too in the last week or more seem to be loads out and about that i have not seen before! i now three of them tho as there all in my family lol, give s a wave if you see me about(blue ra)

GaryCee 25 March 2008 09:20 AM

Will do !:)

naughtyhunnybunny 25 March 2008 08:18 PM

Evening and welcome.. I'm in Basingstoke. I've not seen you yet, but I'll be on the look out for you too now, there are a few in Basingstoke who ignore the scooby wave, miserable buggers either that or they don't even know what they're driving ? bless!!

GaryCee 25 March 2008 08:22 PM

Hahaha...I'll make sure I have my wobbly right hand working from now on!

naughtyhunnybunny 25 March 2008 08:27 PM

Okie dokie, I'll keep em peeled for you. I'm one of three that the joker scooby0809 is related to lol..:lol1:

scooby0809 25 March 2008 11:41 PM

joker, fooking cheek:nono:

Evo Unknown 25 March 2008 11:45 PM

Hi.

I was going to post a thread under this very title myself this evening!

I live in the centre of Basingstoke and took my classic Type R out for its first proper drive this afternoon (only had it a few days).

Awesome car :norty: and within a few miles I had a nice (legal'ish speeds only) little dice with another Sonic blue STI (Classic) on the M3 and then within minutes passed a Black Newage Impreza (poss STI) on the ring road and received a wave of comradeship, which seems to be much more prevalent amongst Impreza owners than other Jap performance cars I've owned...

Lots of stickered-up classic WRX's around the centre of Basingstoke I've noticed over the last couple of days; in my early thirties I've been younger than most :lol1: but a lot older than some :cry:

Mark

WRX STI TYPE R

naughtyhunnybunny 27 March 2008 09:24 PM

Hiya Mark

Welcome to SN. Yeah we are a friendly bunch, your right there are scoobs everywhere at the moment. I've just come in and have seen 2 others, a silver and a blue newage both over at the red man roundabout.. Glad your enjoying yourself, at your legal ish speeds, I fit into that groug too :norty:
See you about, Julie

Stevesbluewrx 27 March 2008 10:35 PM

I'm around Basingstoke now and then. I'm in Camberley more to be honest.

Black bug STi with my user name "The Gimp" in the rear windows. I wave all the time so no panic there.

Steve

Evo Unknown 27 March 2008 11:46 PM

Cheers Julie.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for all those special Scoobies...

Mark

Daves99 28 March 2008 11:46 AM

GB270 Wagon here, see loads of you folks around at weekends. I wave when ever its safe to do so, and most wave or flash back which is always nice. :)

I have seen a few new stickered up units lately which look prity cool. Always willing to give a wave when I can, so will look out a bit harder.

There is one guy in a P1 that I see a lot ,we always tip the wave or nod at each other. If your on here dude how do and love the car. :notworthy

DCTim 29 March 2008 10:03 PM

I drive a black blob sport on horrid 15s... Not even a finger lifted from anyone in B'stoke...... Grumpy gits :P