ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Quality free game bit like GT (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/674812-quality-free-game-bit-like-gt.html)

scoobyverysoon 16 March 2008 03:04 AM

Quality free game bit like GT

This is great and its free - bit of a pain to DL but its got competitive online play and the graphics are great

Project Torque

You can have buddy lists etc

StickyMicky 16 March 2008 08:05 PM

this has been downloading the updates all afternoon and its only half finished??

7kbs download of a 500mb "update" file

i even did a quick speed check to make sure it was not my connection :confused:

still not played it as it wont start without all the updates :s

Sonic' 16 March 2008 08:22 PM

What about R-Factor ?

Awesomepossum 16 March 2008 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic' (Post 7736682)
What about R-Factor ?

Heavily into rFactor myself

Really enjoying the BMW One championship and the old school German Touring Car Capri's from the 70's.

Massive online grids, damn fine physics, incar view and crash damage. As far as i am concerned it is the ultimate racer on the PC.

scoobyverysoon 16 March 2008 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 7736621)
this has been downloading the updates all afternoon and its only half finished??

7kbs download of a 500mb "update" file

i even did a quick speed check to make sure it was not my connection :confused:

still not played it as it wont start without all the updates :s

Strange I was getting 500k a second - its worth the wait theres afew of us now on it - its funny as fook and the scooby is on it but cant unlock it for a while but you can test drive it though

Sonic' 17 March 2008 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Awesomepossum (Post 7737222)
Heavily into rFactor myself

Really enjoying the BMW One championship and the old school German Touring Car Capri's from the 70's.

Massive online grids, damn fine physics, incar view and crash damage. As far as i am concerned it is the ultimate racer on the PC.

Only heard about rFactor this evening, but it sounds good so will probably give it a go :)

I never realied it is the same engine they used in F1 Challenge by EA

Ive played that for years with the relevant season add ons, its about the only F1 game I ever stuck with and liked

haroldhettaturbo 17 March 2008 03:55 AM

one to check when i get home mi thinks.

StickyMicky 17 March 2008 10:04 AM

lol @ how crap this is

issues with the DFP
kept thinking my wheel center was a quarter turn to the left?

force feedback went off for no reason

center return is far to weak and cant find a way to stiffen it up

physics is sketchy at the very best!!
i have never even driven a FWD hatchback with such extreme lift off oversteer EVER lol
probably much easier to play it with the keys or a gamepad to be honest!!

scoobyverysoon 17 March 2008 02:07 PM

Yeah oversteer is bad - Have you driven the scooby/evo yet? I use the keyboard until my adapter arives to use my ps2 pad - race in the pro leagues so damage to other cars is active - I like how you can damage your car its what gran turismo should have in it TBH

Its a sweet game for free and the graphics are very good

Go into the doller sign then pick the cars tab then all cars and test drive any you like - I think you have to unlock the scooby you just need a few races under your belt

The driving test is gay as you have a crappy toyota corrola which is arse end happy :brickwall