ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How did this bloke not get banned!? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/674500-how-did-this-bloke-not-get-banned.html)

SteveScooby 14 March 2008 05:42 PM

How did this bloke not get banned!?

BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | No ban for speeding V-sign biker

Caught speeding 65 times and all he gets is 200 community hours and no ban :cuckoo:

The suspended sentence is a total let off

Tobisausage 14 March 2008 05:43 PM

All I can say is 'NOSE LOL'

stilover 14 March 2008 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by SteveScooby (Post 7731706)
BBC NEWS | England | Beds/Bucks/Herts | No ban for speeding V-sign biker

Caught speeding 65 times and all he gets is 200 community hours and no ban :cuckoo:

The suspended sentence is a total let off

Probably because he's scum.

Persistent criminals (burglars, car thieves etc) get away with everything with little in the way of punishment.
The law abiding majority who make a slight mistake get the full force of the law. Welcome to New Labours Britain.

Kieran_Burns 14 March 2008 05:53 PM

Good God - that man is designed by Picasso!

Bodgit 14 March 2008 05:56 PM

because prisons are overcrowded. Big thanks new labour

SteveScooby 14 March 2008 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bodgit (Post 7731743)
because prisons are overcrowded. Big thanks new labour

That's nothing to do with him not getting a driving ban though

C17RPA 14 March 2008 06:03 PM

TRUE!!!!!!!!!!...should of been banned!!!!!!!!!

Bodgit 14 March 2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by SteveScooby (Post 7731749)
That's nothing to do with him not getting a driving ban though

possibly because they saw the suspended sentance as harsher. who knows. this is where there needs to be better regulation on sentancing.

or perhaps after they did the sentencing one magistrate turned to the other and said "b**l*x we forgot to ban him, oh well too late now".

Leslie 15 March 2008 12:47 PM

Wonder if they get worried about possible repercussions!

Les

Snazy 15 March 2008 06:02 PM

Suprised there seems to be no serious punishment for using false info!
Given the severity of the offences 88 in a 30, he should have got something more. Like a GPS tracker tag so they can see how fast he is going and where lol

Boro 15 March 2008 06:10 PM

Should have atleast revoked his bike license.

NACRO 15 March 2008 07:30 PM

Seems like good sentencing to me as nobody was actually harmed in any way.

200 hrs community service? No thanks.

Prasius 15 March 2008 07:51 PM

He should have been jailed.

He was caught dozens of time exceeding a 30mph limit by a massive amount, on bikes illegally registered in false names, he used helmets and leathers that he consciously swapped and disposed of; and to top that off, he turned upto court late.

He's a knob, I sincerely hope a transit van pulls out of a junction in front of him.

Its an utter piss take that someone like this gets away with next to nothing, yet someone who has a momentary lapse of judgment gets banned/jailed.

c_maguire 15 March 2008 08:22 PM

Ah, but this is family friendly Britain. If you've got children you are automatically entitled to preferential treatment in any number of ways. We cannot possibly deprive his child of her father at such an impressionable age, and after all he's got a lot to teach his kid by the looks of it. He's a reformed character, don't you know. As an unmarried man living in own home, I know I'd get well shafted for that kind of behaviour. But then again I'm not going to do that, am I? Fact is in this country, if you're fundamentally a law-abiding moral citizen with some money behind you then you'll get worse treatment for driving in a bus lane than most of these losers who breed like rabbits do for glassing some stranger in a pub.
Kevin

davyboy 15 March 2008 09:53 PM

I think he proved that speeding is not dangerous after all.