ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mobile speed camera (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/674373-mobile-speed-camera.html)

GreigRFC 14 March 2008 12:50 AM

Mobile speed camera

The other day I think I was caught speeding by a marked van parked in a lay by with the camera facing me from the back of the van. As I passed I noticed the camera was a large black circular shape.

Does anyone know if these cameras take a picture of the whole car including driver or just the number plate. I know that the use laser to get the speed, but will they have a picure of me drivin the car as well??

Any help would be magic!

robby 14 March 2008 01:14 AM

99% sure if the camera is digital (so no flash needed) and forward facing then it takes a pic of the car/ plate/ driver

nooobyscoooby 14 March 2008 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by GreigRFC (Post 7730245)
The other day I think I was caught speeding by a marked van parked in a lay by with the camera facing me from the back of the van. As I passed I noticed the camera was a large black circular shape.

Does anyone know if these cameras take a picture of the whole car including driver or just the number plate. I know that the use laser to get the speed, but will they have a picure of me drivin the car as well??

Any help would be magic!

Yep, you're nicked if you were over the limit - 10% + 2 mph - unless they were setting up or about to leave.

Not that you would ever consider doing such a thing, but people getting anyone else to take the points are likely to be charged with perverting the course of justice which carries a jail sentence.

cster 14 March 2008 01:43 AM

If I were you - and I'm not, I would ask for a view of the photographic evidence in order to ascertain as to whether or not I/you were driving the vehicle at the time, or whether perhaps somebody else might well have been.:norty:

Nigel H 14 March 2008 07:04 AM

PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

StiX 14 March 2008 09:29 AM

This happened to me in 2003 (36 in a 30 :brickwall).

Asked for the photo, comes back clear as day in colour, the whole car me with my shades on etc.

Eddie1980 15 March 2008 02:51 AM

Thinking about it, is there anything to stop you wearing a crash helmet in a car on the road?!

GC8 15 March 2008 11:51 AM

Yes: its illegal in an enclosed car.

PaulC72 15 March 2008 02:07 PM

wait your 14days and see what comes, it may never happen worry about it when it does.

Boro 15 March 2008 06:20 PM

The pepipoo site is awesome.

I thought these vans used video rather than photographs.

andy97 15 March 2008 06:26 PM

The pepipoo site is awesome.

I thought these vans used video rather than photographs.
They generally do, but take stills from the video, to send to you. The purpose of the video is to identify the vehicle, not the driver, but can be of assistance for the person who has a nip.

Yes Pepipoo rocks for legal information re traffic matters