ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Unfair fight with a lorry driver :( (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/674360-unfair-fight-with-a-lorry-driver.html)

pinseeker 13 March 2008 11:18 PM

Unfair fight with a lorry driver :(

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Happily poodling along when a Polish lorry driver tried to join the M25 from the M20. Driver could not speak English :brickwall
Remarkably the car was still driveable as the lorry hit in between the front & rear doors.

Police managed to get the details of insurance & license etc.

I wonder how long it will take to sort out ?
Gutted as it was meant to go to Mocom on Wednesday :brickwall

Andy.

simon57 13 March 2008 11:26 PM

Sorry to hear that matie.

Hope its sorted and re booked in at mocoms asap.:thumb:

pinseeker 13 March 2008 11:28 PM

Cheers for the message :thumb:

53 13 March 2008 11:40 PM

Unbefukinleavable !:mad: Sorry to here this mate :(

WRX_Dazza 13 March 2008 11:49 PM

oh dear, glad you are ok, cars can be fixed mate.

if you need anything, just shout ;)

all the best for a speedy resolve

Dazza

pinseeker 13 March 2008 11:54 PM

Cheers Dazza :thumb:

Ms Gooner 1 14 March 2008 08:13 AM

:cry:
Still, I would've thought you'd of seen that in your mirror :nono:

Just Kidding, thos bleeding lorry drivers think they own the flamin road, those and van drivers, skip lorry drivers, taxi's and other "professional" drivers :rolleyes: (Professional fecking idiots)

Still, as said, at least there were no casualties - is the damage on the scoob going to be a BIG job? ABW will be your man :thumb:

pinseeker 14 March 2008 08:29 AM

Well there is damage to both pasenger side doors & part of the front bumper & front passenger door window smashed. Does not appear to be damage to the wheels. I am with Keith Michaels & not sure who the approved repairers are but sure to find out today. According to the Police there has been loads of accidents like I experienced last night from foreign lorries just not seeing the cars due to the blind spots. Andy.

Diesel_DC 14 March 2008 08:54 AM

Sorry to hear this mate.

I think the main problem with the lorry drivers is they generally don't give a sh1t about other road users :mad: :mad:

If you want a courtesy car then you will have to use a recommended repairer AFAIK

pinseeker 14 March 2008 09:02 AM

Last night showed that as well.
There was no indication of any movement into my lane & I was ahead of the lorry. First I knew of it was a bang then being pushed for a while before coming to a stop. Was a bit of a scare while being pushed along by the lorry & maybe the rain helped the car to slide rather than possibly being collected underneath. Cheers for the message. Andy.

V4JDMSTi 14 March 2008 10:11 AM

sorry to hear that. hope that you get it sorted soon.

NickBes 14 March 2008 10:16 AM

Sorry to hear this mate, glad you were not hurt!! Hope the car gets sorted soon.

Spec'c'57 14 March 2008 11:17 AM

As your with keith michael have you spoken to moley about the repairs? ;)

pinseeker 14 March 2008 12:43 PM

Briefly spoken to Gary @ Keith Michaels

Well the insurance is sorting things out really quickly :thumb:
Already been contacted from the approved repair company in Croydon :thumb:
Courtesy car company dropping off car to use this afternoon :thumb:
Insurance company of the lorry etc has already been found & contacted :thumb:

Cant really ask for much more (apart for lorry driving lessons for the driver of the lorry :norty: )

Thanks for all the messages everyone :luxhello:

EOEUMC 14 March 2008 12:51 PM

That's a ****ter m8 :( Glad your ok though :thumb:

Did you suffer any whiplash? :wonder:

IN THE STICKS 14 March 2008 12:54 PM

Bloody sausage rolls:razz: shoudn't be allowed on our roads wthout having some sort of awareness test , as you say this is a regular problem at the moment , just pleased your in one piece

pinseeker 14 March 2008 01:58 PM

Its weird as the shunt did not appear too bad but looking at the side of it seems to have caused a fair bit of damage to the body panels. The wheels look like they have got away with it but really needs to be inspected to make sure.

Thanks all for the messages & support :thumb:

53 14 March 2008 02:05 PM

Don't forget to claim for a paint correction session with Matt (MNeame) after the body shop have finished with it.:) I'd want it showroom new on an 07 car :cry: Looks like you're in good hands :luxhello:

pinseeker 14 March 2008 02:27 PM

Thats a great tip for the paint correction session.
Did not know about that. It did have Supagard applied to it but was not impressed with it so was going to do it anyway :thumb:

Tiny 14 March 2008 05:22 PM

Not good news this :( , But looks like it's being sorted nicely :thumb:

I Average 1000 miles per week & see this happening alot , Yes 90% Are foreign drivers as well , To$$ers !!

essexboy30 14 March 2008 05:28 PM

Unbelievable, i hope you get is sorted and easily!

bigmick 15 March 2008 10:53 AM

thos bleeding lorry drivers think they own the flamin road, those and van drivers, skip lorry drivers, taxi's and other "professional" drivers (Professional fecking idiots)

I think the main problem with the lorry drivers is they generally don't give a sh1t about other road users

i HOPE this is a dig at foreign lorry drivers as i could say alot about YOU fcukin car drivers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Diesel_DC 15 March 2008 11:19 AM

Mick,

My comment was a generalisation, you have to admit for every good driver out there, there are some shocking ones as well, foreign or English.

Likewise car drivers, unfortunately both get tarred with the same brush a lot of the time.

Joooooooooo 15 March 2008 11:59 AM

Sorry to hear about your car Andy, hope it all get sorted soon. More importantly glad your ok.

As to lorry drivers they are actualy VERY proffesional drivers, but like with all drivers of any form of transport you get your wallys so really very harsh to tar everyone with the same brush :nono: .

bigmick 15 March 2008 01:29 PM

Dave,

it wasnt a dig at you............. mate

just someother muppet who doesnt know what they are talking about :norty: :norty:

Diesel_DC 15 March 2008 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by bigmick (Post 7733597)
Dave,

it wasnt a dig at you............. mate

just someother muppet who doesnt know what they are talking about :norty: :norty:

:thumb:

Joooooooooo 15 March 2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by S600B_DC (Post 7733635)

Mick said his still waiting for you to except him on XBOX .

Diesel_DC 15 March 2008 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Joooooooooo (Post 7733833)
Mick said his still waiting for you to except him on XBOX .

Done, as long as he doesn't drive like a lorry driver on Forza :p

Joooooooooo 15 March 2008 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by S600B_DC (Post 7733854)
Done, as long as he doesn't drive like a lorry driver on Forza :p

PMSL:lol1: :lol:

bigmick 15 March 2008 11:36 PM

get in my way dave an i will