ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Styling (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/)
-   -   Classic fog lights (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/674031-classic-fog-lights.html)

NAY93WRX 12 March 2008 08:47 PM

Classic fog lights

Following on from my 'PIAA fog lights' thread.

I don't really use my foglights so forking out £150+ for the driving lights would be a waste......

But I do really like the look of the covers ( white with the black writing) as its something different.

Anyway,

does any one know if you can buy replacement 'Hella' or 'Piaa' covers and would they fit over my standard 93wrx foglights?????

Thanks

RB5 Boyo 13 March 2008 12:48 AM

Well as atated in the other thread, these lights are NOT fog lights, they are driving lights and are only used with main beam, and to be honest they are well worth the price of £250 i think!!

U can get the covers from PIAA UK - OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR OF PIAA LIGHTS & BULBS for around £8-10. This is the link to the correct lamps:

PIAA LAMPS

Dont think the PIAA covers would fit over the standard subaru fog lights though!!

If u think the PIAA driving lights are to expensive, here are a cheaper set from company 'Performance Subaru' in Northern Ireland, which im sure would be equally as good, and half the price:

Performance Subaru Driving Light Kit <'02

alcazar 13 March 2008 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by NAY93WRX (Post 7726855)
I don't really use my foglights so forking out £150+ for the driving lights would be a waste......

As above, the PIAA lights aren't fogs, and whether they would be a waste depends on how much driving you do on country roads in the dark;) They are pretty awesome backing up main beam, trust me.

Originally Posted by NAY93WRX (Post 7726855)
But I do really like the look of the covers ( white with the black writing) as its something different.

Anyway,

does any one know if you can buy replacement 'Hella' or 'Piaa' covers and would they fit over my standard 93wrx foglights?????

Thanks

I don't think PIAA covers would fit your OE foglights, for a start, the foglights are handed, so the faces follow the curve of the bumper, (look, andf you'll see what I mean).

This would mean that even if you COULD get the PIAA covers to go over the fogs, AND get them secured so that they don't come off first time you use the car, they would point outwards slightly and maybe look odd:(

Finally, DON'T buy that set from Ireland. It uses Hella lights. Not that Hella lights aren't good, but the method of mounting in THAT kit is poor: It allows the lights to vibrate, giving a strobe effect, and setting up has to be done by guess work, since they have to be unmounted from the car to alter the setting:rolleyes:

Alcazar

NAY93WRX 14 March 2008 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 7728231)
As above, the PIAA lights aren't fogs, and whether they would be a waste depends on how much driving you do on country roads in the dark;) They are pretty awesome backing up main beam, trust me.

I don't think PIAA covers would fit your OE foglights, for a start, the foglights are handed, so the faces follow the curve of the bumper, (look, andf you'll see what I mean).

This would mean that even if you COULD get the PIAA covers to go over the fogs, AND get them secured so that they don't come off first time you use the car, they would point outwards slightly and maybe look odd:(

Finally, DON'T buy that set from Ireland. It uses Hella lights. Not that Hella lights aren't good, but the method of mounting in THAT kit is poor: It allows the lights to vibrate, giving a strobe effect, and setting up has to be done by guess work, since they have to be unmounted from the car to alter the setting:rolleyes:

Alcazar

Thanks for the advice bud:thumb:

RJM25R 16 March 2008 06:11 PM

Waht about RB5 driving light covers ????