ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   eBay buyer dispute, item not received - now item not as described (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/673633-ebay-buyer-dispute-item-not-received-now-item-not-as-described.html)

Scooby96 11 March 2008 03:50 AM

eBay buyer dispute, item not received - now item not as described

Not sure if this is in the right place on here but just a quick eBay question.

I bought a secondhand UMC 20" LCD tv from eBay at the end of January, paid the same day and waited with anticipation for the item to arrive in the post, which it didnt. Chased the seller who said it had been sent, waited another week, nothing!

Emailed seller a few times - no reply, so I filed an "Item Not Received" dispute - within a few hours I got a reply from the seller stating that courier co had returned it to her because the address label had fallen off.

Anyway to cut a long story short, item received, switched it on connected dvd player via scart and nothing but the odd burst of sound, no picture whatsoever!

Connected dvd via s-video lead/phono leads and hey presto sound and pictures at last!

Now what I want to know is that the original dispute is now being reviewed by paypal / ebay and I'm sure will be closed as the seller can provide proof of delivery. What I want to do now is open an "item not as described" dispute or amend the original "item not received" dispute but I cant as theres no option to do this as the case is under review.

Can anyone help?????

Cheers

S96

Jamo 11 March 2008 06:54 AM

not surre thats an option, if it were me id be biting the bullit and driving down and knocking on the door with the tv in my hand and getting a full refund.

pauld37 11 March 2008 07:36 AM

Going through a similar thing myself with paypal/ebay.

E-mail paypal in the contact us section stating the original claims number, explaining you have a different complaint on the same product.

Good luck, seems to take a while to resolve these matters though :mad:

EddScott 11 March 2008 11:17 AM

Can you not just run it through the S Video? Least it works.

I don't think you'll get very far.

I sold an RC car on ebay and the buyer complained saying it was farked. It went to claims and I stood my ground because we'd spoken on the phone and I'd said it had been well used. As soon as he escalated to a claim, paypal closed the case.

Something along the lines of - Paypal can only investigate claims where the item has not been received and cannot make a judgement on the condition of the item purchased.

apples24 11 March 2008 12:49 PM

keep the dispute staus quo, if paypal decide in your favour and you get refunded post the tv back to the chap with a nice note

Sonic' 11 March 2008 02:32 PM

Can you raise a second dispute for the same item once a dispute has been resolved ?