ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Question for the Scoobynet knowledgeable... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/673606-question-for-the-scoobynet-knowledgeable.html)

little-ginge 10 March 2008 11:13 PM

Question for the Scoobynet knowledgeable...

Bear with me, whilst I explain the background to my post - the question for you is at the end!!!

Yesterday, after suffering with excrutiating stomach pains from the early hours of Sunday morning all day, I sought advice from the local out of hours GP. I have had no vomitting etc..

After doing an abdominal examination, and checking my heart rate etc, he said he was concerned at the severity of the symptoms, and the fact that my pulse was a little fast - 132 beats per minute.

He referred me to Stoke Mandeville Hospital to see the surgical team there.

During the 8 hours we were there, I had 3 further abdominal examinations, a host of blood tests and an x-ray. They found again my pulse rate was high, and my temperature was raised.

The Surgical Dr was concerned that there might be a problem with either my pancreas or gallbladder - rthey were going to admitt me, but all my test came back clear, and by this time, the pain had disappeared.

They concluded it was 'probably something gastric' and told me to take ranitidine ( indegestion /heartburn relief), and told me to go back if things got worse.

The pain has come back - but nowhere near as severe or as often. Again no sickness etc, just a cramping stomach pain every so often.I don't want to go back and waste A&E's time but I've always been told that with gastro bugs etc you have sickness and diarrhoea.:wonder:

We did go out for something to eat on Saturday night - I had a chicken pie thing, and when I got home it felt like someone was sat on my chest which I took to be indigestion, and so took a indigestion tablet - that seem to help but then these pains started when I was asleep.

Now what I was wondering is has anyone on SN had pancreas/gallbladder problems, if so what were the symptoms?? Or is there a Dr ScoobyNet who might be able to shed some further light on what is going on in my insides atm..:(
TIA

SwissTony 10 March 2008 11:17 PM

you are up the duff :thumb:
Bill is in the post

Dr Swiss :D

what would scooby do 10 March 2008 11:20 PM

Vindaloo and butt plugs don't mix I guess

:lol1:

Odds on 10 March 2008 11:23 PM

Cut down on the drinking. That can cause problems like this. Especially if Swiss has 'helped you out' recently. :D

little-ginge 10 March 2008 11:28 PM

Swissy, Thats one of the first things they asked me:lol1:
But i know I'm not:razz:

WWSD - I hate vindaloos, and butt plugs are:nono:

Odds - I'm on 'medication' so am not allowed alcohol - and if you think I'd go any where near Swiss..I'm not *that* stoopid :lol1:

Come on guys, this was a serious post... meanies:mad:

kingofturds 10 March 2008 11:37 PM

Gastritis :)

Odds on 10 March 2008 11:39 PM

:D

I'll refrain from cracking a classic Roy Chubby Brown joke now....

Hope it's not anything to serious. My only guess was drinking or pregger's, but you've ruled them out.

little-ginge 10 March 2008 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 7722044)
Gastritis :)

Thats what the Doc said it might be, but everywhere i've looked says with gastritis you have the pukes and the poops.. I havent had either:wonder:

NotoriousREV 10 March 2008 11:39 PM

Why not follow the medical advice you've been given by the pros? Things have got worse (i.e. pain is back) so go back and see them. Stop trying to self diagnose on the internet and let a doctor tell you that you need a really good fart.

SwissTony 10 March 2008 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 7722052)
Why not follow the medical advice you've been given by the pros?

I have tried :rolleyes: :D

NotoriousREV 10 March 2008 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 7722055)
I have tried :rolleyes: :D

I meant medical pro, not gigalo pro :lol1:

little-ginge 10 March 2008 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 7722052)
Why not follow the medical advice you've been given by the pros? Things have got worse (i.e. pain is back) so go back and see them. Stop trying to self diagnose on the internet and let a doctor tell you that you need a really good fart.

:Whatever_ I'm not trying to self diagnose as such, and as in my OP, rather than waste the valuable time of the A&E staff if it is just that i need a good trouser trumpet, I thought it might be an idea to see if anyone on here has had gallbladder/pancreas realted issues and if their symptoms were similar - or if the Dr's were right in their hesitant diagnosis of gastric related stuff... I know there are some Dr's (and by that I mean professional medically trained ones which frequent SN), and thought they might be able to asisst but ta for your reply:lol1:

hectic 10 March 2008 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 7722056)
I meant medical pro, not gigalo pro :lol1:

how VERY DARE you !

hectic 10 March 2008 11:48 PM

oh, and Id go for gastritis too, well no i wouldnt but you know what i mean....

pslewis 10 March 2008 11:48 PM

It could be the magnetic field generated by your sex toys??

little-ginge 10 March 2008 11:52 PM

You lot are bleddy terrible...I should really have known better:lol1:

You blokes have sex toys on the brain:D

Tam the bam 10 March 2008 11:53 PM

I had gastroenteritis and never had the ****s nor did I puke, I just had pains which had me on the floor grabbing my belly almost in tears.. It's nasty..

Hope you feel better soon hunny bunny :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

hectic 10 March 2008 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tam the bam (Post 7722088)

I feel Fine , thanks Dahhhhlink !!

Odds on 10 March 2008 11:57 PM

I just had pains which had me on the floor grabbing my belly almost in tears.. It's nasty..

:Suspiciou You heard one of your jokes played back then?

:p

little-ginge 10 March 2008 11:57 PM

I had gastroenteritis and never had the ****s nor did I puke, I just had pains which had me on the floor grabbing my belly almost in tears.. It's nasty..

Thats the sort of answer I was looking for!!:luxhello:
You're the first person to wish me betterer.. that deserves..:luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: &http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/huglove.gif

Tam the bam 10 March 2008 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by hectic (Post 7722094)
I feel Fine , thanks Dahhhhlink !!

Good for you baybeeee :D

*Infracts odds on again* :razz:

Tam the bam 11 March 2008 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by little-ginge (Post 7722102)
Thats the sort of answer I was looking for!!:luxhello:
You're the first person to wish me betterer.. that deserves..:luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove: &http://gprime.net/board/images/smilies/huglove.gif

Awe LG thank you :luvlove: :luvlove: :thumb:

hectic 11 March 2008 12:01 AM

*waves magic finger.. errr ..ooops.. puts Ginge's sex toy down... waves finger *
:)

Tam the bam 11 March 2008 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by hectic (Post 7722114)
*waves magic finger.. errr ..ooops.. puts Ginge's sex toy down... waves finger *
:)

:lol1: :lol1:

hectic 11 March 2008 12:04 AM

*was gonna say she asked for it, but thought that wouldnt be polite, would it ;)

little-ginge 11 March 2008 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by hectic (Post 7722122)
*was gonna say she asked for it, but thought that wouldnt be polite, would it ;)

What, the magic finger or the pain? :Suspiciou

hectic 11 March 2008 12:10 AM

*hovers over oh, so obvious button*

little-ginge 11 March 2008 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by hectic (Post 7722142)
*hovers over oh, so obvious button*

I was being sarcastic.. obviously didnt work:lol1:

hectic 11 March 2008 12:21 AM

ditto ginger one, ditto........

;)

little-ginge 11 March 2008 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by hectic (Post 7722169)
ditto ginger one, ditto........

;)

At least I have the excuse of being poorly sick.. what's yours?:p