ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   police wake you up lastnight (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/673061-police-wake-you-up-lastnight.html)

amego 08 March 2008 08:44 PM

police wake you up lastnight

banging on my door 12pm im sleeping thay say my car was seen driving around town at high speed bloke next door says there was 3 cop cars there at first checking heat fron bonnet wheels and under the car , not me i was in bed the police relised thay got it wrong because the car is stone cold, did thay have to wake me up probeley not:freak3:

simonbb1328 08 March 2008 08:46 PM

It may have been a car same as yours on cloned plates. From my experience this is happening alot around west yorkshire and manchester. People steal high performance cars and clone reg plates from same model vehicle.
In cases like this police would visit the reg keepers address asap

kylejennings05 08 March 2008 08:49 PM

take it they could'nt catch it then

amego 08 March 2008 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by kylejennings05 (Post 7716761)
take it they could'nt catch it then

ye it was fast green like mine:lol1:

dunx 08 March 2008 08:59 PM

Story goes of a stolen RB320 on cloned plates in the area near me !

DunxC

Moley 08 March 2008 09:02 PM

Last year i was at a friends house working on my car, and noticed a Police car drive past and have a good look at what we were up to.
5 minutes later it pulled up outside and one of the Policemen came over (with a very bad attitute) and said they'd had reports of a silver Subaru racing up and down the road.
We told him to check the engine, brakes or exhaust to see they were cold (the car hadn't moved for 2 days) but he refused, saying he didn't need to, as it was abviously us. We even pointed out the car had no bumper, headlights or grille fitted, but he told us he ''didn't want to hear our rubbish''.
He was kind enough to let us off with a warning, but to note that he ''was watching us''. :rolleyes:

OK thats nothing to do with your story, but it bought back a memory, and i wanted to get it off my chest!!! :D :D :D

minty 08 March 2008 09:06 PM

They are all the same !! shame really, we need a few intelligent police officers with comon sense in this world to help improve it !!

Sorry you got grabbed by the fuzz in the early hours :D

gtijames 08 March 2008 09:24 PM

typical of the 'nice' attitude of the police in pembrokeshire,they would have decided it was you whilst they were still eating donuts in the station.
a few years ago they tried to arrest me for a hit and run because i lived in an area where an accident had happened,easier to come and threaten me than to find out that the van was hired just like the other 28 identical vans in the area.

bob r 08 March 2008 09:28 PM

.............and who will you call if your car gets nicked :Whatever_

gtijames 08 March 2008 09:32 PM

ghost busters,they do better than the plod if you read the threads about nicked/damaged scoobs on here:lol1::freak3:

"Taylor" 08 March 2008 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by bob r (Post 7716864)
.............and who will you call if your car gets nicked :Whatever_

The insurance company...because the police are a waste of time! :rolleyes:

Plums! 08 March 2008 09:51 PM

So going on the policemans theory a warm bonnet determines if your guilty of driving around like a burk? I believe the old bill need to stop watching CSI Miami:cuckoo:

it's flippin lucky you hadn't used the car that night you could of been locked up by now....... for having a ................... warm bonnet..... Feck!

Ridiculous....

Plums

scottySTIv3 08 March 2008 09:52 PM

We're a bit more lucky in Ayrshire as one of the Ayrshire Scoobies Commitee memebers is a local traffic cop so at least we know theres one copper out there that uses his noggin (and owns a very tidy P1 too)

Luminous 08 March 2008 10:36 PM

It just depends which copper you happen to get. Some have to share the family brain cell, hate cars, detest people who like fast cars, and are just entirely clueless.

Others are fine :)

Totally luck of the draw :)

STi_Si 08 March 2008 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by "Taylor" (Post 7716876)
The insurance company...because the police are a waste of time! :rolleyes:

And what will be the first thing the insurance company says?
"Have you reported it to the Police and what's the crime number":cuckoo:

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7717071)
It just depends which copper you happen to get.

Seconds to that... Some forces/divisions won't send an officer anyway, just deal over the phone....

what would scooby do 08 March 2008 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by STi_Si (Post 7717153)

Seconds to that... Some forces/divisions won't send an officer anyway, just deal over the phone....

Yeah, and that's all you get out of todays police force, a crime number!

kylejennings05 08 March 2008 11:55 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: true

Get A Grip 09 March 2008 12:08 AM

by the way, 12 pm doesn't exist

big_jim 09 March 2008 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by STi_Si (Post 7717153)

my car was stolen last november, they said a policeman would be round at some point but couldn't garentee a time, i stayed in all day waiting, they still haven't been round!!! dont think their coming:lol1:

"Taylor" 09 March 2008 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=STi_Si;7717153]And what will be the first thing the insurance company says?

Sadly thats all their good for, as other people have said, half the time they don't even turn up!! What kind of an emergency service is that?....not even turning up! Its not the individual officers fault, but the police as a whole are a joke! :rolleyes:

fatscoobfella1 09 March 2008 09:19 AM

I had my car stolen a few years ago..

They thieves came ito the house via a double glazed unit they managed to pull out,then got the keys a drove my GT4 all over the place,finally crashing it and burning out the clutch..

I reported to the police,who did come 4 hours later,and said,you should have had locks on your glazing?? Very constructive!!

The police actually managed to get someone sat it may car with the keys in the ignition at the scene..But they had to let him go because he said he had fond the keys on the street and was just "trying" them...

The police are useless in most cases....unless of course your doing 34mph in a 30.....then there razor sharp!!

dunx 09 March 2008 12:41 PM

I know two with Scoobs and they are sorted !

DunxC

Terminator X 09 March 2008 12:46 PM

That's why it's not a good idea to reveal your reg plate on here ...

TX.

Originally Posted by simonbb1328 (Post 7716755)
It may have been a car same as yours on cloned plates. From my experience this is happening alot around west yorkshire and manchester. People steal high performance cars and clone reg plates from same model vehicle.
In cases like this police would visit the reg keepers address asap

gtijames 09 March 2008 01:08 PM

reading this thread without the benefit of magners glasses,it seems that most people who have had dealings with the b in b end up with a bitter taste in their mouths,whether they are guilty or an innocent victim of a crime,i accept that there are some good coppers out there but when you have dealings with in my opinion arseholes who need a course in people skills,they all trend to be tarred with the same brush.sad but true im afraid.:(
my missus was all for the police and wanted to join,she decided against it after the way i was treated and spoke too by them.this is why peoples perception of them get spoiled because you only remember the bad incidents/bad/rude officers.

Moley 09 March 2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 7717735)
I know two with Scoobs and they are sorted !

DunxC

I know quite a few with Subaru's, and they're all really nice guys. :thumb: