ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   car insurance - who you with and who is better ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/672277-car-insurance-who-you-with-and-who-is-better.html)

BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN 05 March 2008 01:56 PM

car insurance - who you with and who is better ?

Any one got any good car insurance company's they can recommend ? :wonder:
cheers all :thumb:

Add on - please keep filling in - there is a pattern here and would be nice to see who the top four are !
many thanks to those who have put up who there with and why :thumb: :thumb:
B:)

cresswell 05 March 2008 02:00 PM

I am with Privilege for a 2.5 WRX. Including protected NCD, legal protection and hire car, I am just over £500.

Called them to find out how much more a new STi would be to insure. It cheaper:eek2: I nearly fell off my seat. Requirement for Tracker seems to have been dropped too.

jimmyv 05 March 2008 02:05 PM

Greenlight have been giving me some good quotes recently. Currently with Admiral, never again :nono:

lordretsudo 05 March 2008 02:28 PM

https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/

A-Plan and Keith Michaels are the best for Scoobs, especially if you have any mod's. Admiral and Elephant (same company) are cheap, but I've read too many horror stories about them when you try to claim...

GazTheHat 05 March 2008 02:30 PM

As above. A vote for APlan. Cheapest renewals for highly modded and not a single problem when making a claim. So they get a :thumb: from me.

Daft Lad 05 March 2008 02:45 PM

A vote for Moley at Keith Michaels for me every time :thumb:

RESSE 05 March 2008 02:49 PM

Another vote for Moley @ Keith Michaels :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

martiboy 05 March 2008 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by lordretsudo (Post 7708404)
https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/

A-Plan and Keith Michaels are the best for Scoobs, especially if you have any mod's. Admiral and Elephant (same company) are cheap, but I've read too many horror stories about them when you try to claim...

I'm with Admiral and have recently made a claim,They couldn't have been better.Car was in at main dealer the same day and repaired within the week !
I go through the same hastle every year,one year you find a company who's cheap and the next they bang the price up.What might be a good company for me may be rubbish for you.It seems a bit of a lottery to me !

lordretsudo 05 March 2008 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by martiboy (Post 7708479)
I'm with Admiral and have recently made a claim,They couldn't have been better.Car was in at main dealer the same day and repaired within the week !
I go through the same hastle every year,one year you find a company who's cheap and the next they bang the price up.What might be a good company for me may be rubbish for you.It seems a bit of a lottery to me !

If you search on t'internet generally, or on car sites like this, it seems that even by car insurance company standards Admiral/Elephant get a whole lot of bad press. I know two people personally who have had bad experiences with Elephant regarding write-offs, one at work, the other my sister.

You're right though, it doesn't mean that everyone has a bad experience with them...

stineal 05 March 2008 03:06 PM

Another vote for Moley at Keith Michaels for me

Abx 05 March 2008 03:07 PM

A Plan

GC8WRX 05 March 2008 03:25 PM

Moley all the way, im still amazed at the price keith michaels got me!:notworthy

M444GY 05 March 2008 03:28 PM

green light gave me an outstanding quote and i am now insured with them :)

v8voodoo 05 March 2008 04:00 PM

Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels for me too. MY07 STI spec.D.

He's also just supplied me a tremendous quote for my soon to be purchased new daily driver too........:notworthy :luxhello:

It's a no-brainer I'd say. ;)

The Trooper 1815 05 March 2008 04:04 PM

A-Plan for wifey's MX-5.
Moley at KM Plc for the JDM Spec B GT Leggy.

mickp 05 March 2008 04:25 PM

A Plan for me.

MMT WRX 05 March 2008 06:05 PM

I use A Plan for:

Scoob insurance
Commercial vehicles
Public Liability
Employers Liability.

1 of my commercial vehicles has about £6k of equipment fitted. A Plan insure this vehicle, including the gear inside, cheaper than my previous company were charging for vehicle only. Strange thing is, its underwritten by the same company.

johnnyroper 05 March 2008 06:10 PM

gary moulson at keith michaels for me cheapest quote by far for my modded blob

trails 05 March 2008 06:47 PM

Gary at Keith Michaels; top bloke and great prices for modified cars.

beef-on-the-bone 05 March 2008 07:08 PM

moley @ michaels for me :)

mervil 05 March 2008 07:12 PM

A Plan for me :thumb: 50 notes cheaper than last year with all mods covered like for like too :D

DLP 05 March 2008 07:40 PM

Another for gary @ keith michaels.

Norman Dog 05 March 2008 07:52 PM

Yet another for Moley @ K Michaels :thumb:

scoobynewbie72 05 March 2008 09:03 PM

A plan all the way,
Keith Michaels get a big thumbs down from me afraid, price and people.

chris.h 05 March 2008 09:36 PM

same here im 28 and im with Privilege on a wrx u300 fully comp and its only£456 couldnt believe it

CAT2 05 March 2008 09:40 PM

Moley has just beaten my renewal quote from LV by £112! Extremely impressed. It's a modified classic.

Mystik Journeyman 06 March 2008 12:15 AM

Keith Michaels are spot-on - great customer service and cheap premiums.

F*** Privilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were pretty cheap for a Jap import I had but when some c*** crashed into me and lied about what happened they stitched me up - they didn't tell me his story for months and let it drag on. A basic investigation would have proven that his recollection of events contradicted physics.

l1verp00l 06 March 2008 12:31 AM

elephant for me

SamUK 06 March 2008 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mystik Journeyman (Post 7710007)
Keith Michaels are spot-on - great customer service and cheap premiums.

F*** Privilege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They were pretty cheap for a Jap import I had but when some c*** crashed into me and lied about what happened they stitched me up - they didn't tell me his story for months and let it drag on. A basic investigation would have proven that his recollection of events contradicted physics.

have they got a website?

Mystik Journeyman 06 March 2008 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by SamUK (Post 7710071)
have they got a website?

Cheap Car Insurance :: Keith Michaels.

I've always dealt with John Roberts (I think).