ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Terminator 4 Release date confirmed (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/670878-terminator-4-release-date-confirmed.html)

ScoobyDriverWannabe 28 February 2008 08:23 AM

Terminator 4 Release date confirmed

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Terminator release date confirmed

:)

P1Fanatic 28 February 2008 08:37 AM

Good they got Bale as Connor but I would have been more impressed if Cameron was to direct it. I think he knows he would never be able to surpass T1 & T2 so not point in trying and falling short. Im still shocked he agreed for his characters to be used in that tacky Sci-Fi series :(

Interesting bit from the link:

The last Terminator movie - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - starring California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, was released in 2003 and earned $150.4m (£75.7m) in the US.
I guess thats only box office revenue in the US alone but still doesnt seem like much. I could imagine it cost more than that to make with Arnies pay being a big chunk of it.

Simon

chocolate_o_brian 28 February 2008 08:41 AM

unless its got arnie in it, i dont think il bother to watch it. he made thats film what it is imho.:)

RMA26 28 February 2008 08:42 AM

Anyone been watching "Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles"?

Doesn't seem too bad so far..............

fitzscoob 28 February 2008 08:43 AM

I'm a huge fan of the Terminator films, T1 was amazing, T2 was a little dumbed down so more people went to see it, but still a good film, T3 was a real let down for me, it just felt like one long advert for T4.

I really hope they go back to the thrill and gore of T1, however I cant see that happening as they will reduce their audience if under 18's cannot go view.

fivetide 28 February 2008 11:22 AM

I don't think T1 was just about thrill and gore, it was just a great story with (at the time) amazing special effects. The casting was excellent too but Arnie wasn't a big star when it was made.

The follow ups have all been about makign it mainstream and appealing to a wide audience. T2 was good but nothing like the sheer harsh story of T1.

What T4 should be is Connor leading the fight against the machines. THe robots should be just that. However, what are the chances that it will bear any resemblance to the future scenes from T1?? I'd say zero. Magically they'll suddenly have much better weapons and the machines will be more advanced. I think it will be a real let down for a real fan.

Good choice of lead character though so that's something to start with.

5t.

andythejock01wrx 28 February 2008 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by RMA26 (Post 7692641)

Yes. Don't think the casting is too great TBH. Still, I'll keep watching it !

stilover 28 February 2008 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by RMA26 (Post 7692641)

Yeah, I watched this the other night. Thought it was pretty cr*p but I'm prepared to give it a few weeks.

The lass who plays Connors protector is deffo worth one. Might just watch it for her.

EddScott 28 February 2008 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 7693230)
The lass who plays Connors protector is deffo worth one.

How far do the machines go for realism? ;)

It seemed to suggest last week she was capable of more than just protection.

The Sara Conner is way to small compared to the girl in the films. Its ok though.

Something to watch after Ashes to Ashes.