ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Gauge help please.....no lights (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/670076-gauge-help-please-no-lights.html)

hardsy555 24 February 2008 10:23 PM

Gauge help please.....no lights

Hi all, got my gauges in only they dont illuminate. they do light up when performing opening ceromony then they go out and just the red led's flash but the dials and needle are not visable. whats going on, any ideas. I used the 4 wires from the clock to the 4 wires that connect the link controll to the dc harness. ive checked and it seems to be wired up right the only thing is the orange wire on the clock is marked acc so i wired this one to the iggnition wire on the harness for the link controll this right. HELP.

hardsy555 24 February 2008 11:31 PM

anyone...please

alcazar 25 February 2008 10:52 AM

Replied in other thread.

You HAVE to get the wiring to the control unit spot on, or it will miss out functions, misread etc.

To be sure, buy yourself (or beg, borrow or steal), either a multimeter, or a circuit tester. Mine is a brass body, pen-sized, with a sharp point on one end, used for piercing insulation, and a crocodile clip on a lead on the other. The croc clip goes to earth, the point touches whichever wire, and the bulb in the brass body lights up if it's live. You can check for permanent, switched etc.

Cost about £3 from a car shop.

Alcazar

alcazar 25 February 2008 04:16 PM

Bump.

pink pantha 25 February 2008 04:23 PM

help pls

does n e 1 know which crank my 98 type r v4 has ,need 2 order pistons,rods today what thrust?comp ratios/buying new crank sti 9 4 mine will it b same? from s/c.help help

hardsy555 25 February 2008 06:09 PM

well done alcazar, job done. but when i start the car boost drops to -4 why is this. is it because i havnt put the jubilee clips around the hoses where ive tee'd in to the pipe on the dump valve and its loosing pressure as it isnt tight yet, i brought the wrong ones and there to small so i will finish it tomorrow when i get the right size.

johnnyroper 25 February 2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by hardsy555 (Post 7685128)
well done alcazar, job done. but when i start the car boost drops to -4 why is this. is it because i havnt put the jubilee clips around the hoses where ive tee'd in to the pipe on the dump valve and its loosing pressure as it isnt tight yet, i brought the wrong ones and there to small so i will finish it tomorrow when i get the right size.

it will drop down once started as you get vacuum in manifold,once you drive it and get turbo spooling then you should see a boost reading.

johnnyroper 25 February 2008 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by pink pantha (Post 7684724)
does n e 1 know which crank my 98 type r v4 has ,need 2 order pistons,rods today what thrust?comp ratios/buying new crank sti 9 4 mine will it b same? from s/c.help help

WTF? this is a thread for gauge lighting problems.

GazTheHat 25 February 2008 06:16 PM

You will get negative boost until you prod the throttle.

hardsy555 25 February 2008 07:03 PM

ok chaps thanks, i saw it drop and immediately switched off and thought WTF else is going to go wrong today. im sure i have the record for longest fitting of gauges, it is currently 1 and half days!!!!!!!!!!!!! and still not complete. what a dick hey.

dunx 25 February 2008 07:20 PM

You'll be quicker next time....

hardsy555 25 February 2008 07:42 PM

no doubt. i have also been building a pen on the lawn for some peacocks and peahens that were arriving today so it wasnt all spent with the gauges. anyway they are in there new home hopefully the Foxy wont visit me tonight.

alcazar 25 February 2008 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by hardsy555 (Post 7685288)
ok chaps thanks, i saw it drop and immediately switched off and thought WTF else is going to go wrong today. im sure i have the record for longest fitting of gauges, it is currently 1 and half days!!!!!!!!!!!!! and still not complete. what a dick hey.

LOL, that's what this forum is FOR:D

Alcazar

alcazar 25 February 2008 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by hardsy555 (Post 7685453)
no doubt. i have also been building a pen on the lawn for some peacocks and peahens that were arriving today so it wasnt all spent with the gauges. anyway they are in there new home hopefully the Foxy wont visit me tonight.

WTF? Peacocks and Peahens? Is this for real? Where do you live, a stately home?:D

Are you gonna eat 'em?

Alcazar

hardsy555 26 February 2008 09:26 AM

no not a stately home, i live in Devon and the house is smck bang in the middle of a 30acre block of woodland ond my lawn is like a field, it takes 3hours to cut on a bloody ride on mower perhaps i ought to do an engine transplant with the scoob it would only take a minute then lol. no there not for eating just to enjoy. the guinea fowl and the chickens i have though always look tasty lol. Anyway got the day off so out to the shed now for the final part, going to do the oil filter sandwich plate and oil change while im at it and then it should be done. By the way if it goes wrong AGAIN there will be a cheap subaru for sale!!!!!!!