ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   I got a cheap one!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/669798-i-got-a-cheap-one.html)

Underworld 23 February 2008 07:19 PM

I got a cheap one!!!

Hi, am new to this forum, and hoping to get a subaru impreza sport 2L within the next month or so..
I've tried different companies, and I got a quote of around 900 something with Direct Line..
1Yr no claims and I am 20.. I put my age 21, as Ill take the insurance after i'm 21...

Anyone got any idea how much BHP the 2L non turbo one has??? I'll pay a lot more on the turbo one, unless I cheat lolll

corradoboy 23 February 2008 07:29 PM

The usual advice is to buy other, much better cars than the lesser Scoob models. Save your money and do it properly when you can afford it with a decent WRX/STi etc. Many young lads before you have bought a Sport, spent a fortune making it look like a Turbo model over a couple of years and then realised that the money was wasted as they can now afford to run a real Scoob and could have been driving a better and cheaper car, freeing up money sooner for the big leap into true performance motoring.

Your choice though.

Underworld 23 February 2008 07:47 PM

Nah I dont want to tune it or spend money making it look like a turbo model.. I am selling My 04 Mazda3 1.4L hatch cuz its costing me a fortune.... loan and strange noises in the car need repair etc....

I think Subarus are really reliable... I want a faster car, and reliable.... Am fed up of the slow 1.4 and want something like 2L, I know ill only be inviting more points to my license if I get a faster one...

corradoboy 23 February 2008 07:53 PM

Even the fastest ones only go as fast as you make them go. In 3 years and 60k miles I got no points, and the only policeman to speak to me in that time was advising me how to take corners at 130mph :D

Underworld 23 February 2008 08:06 PM

lollll lucky u.... Bt where I live in Edmonton, London, u always see a police car here and there... anyway r scoobies really reliable???
I have a mazda3, and its full of problems.. creaking suspension and steering noises, bad handling, alloy corrosion and , just not worth the £7K....

btw, what happens if you dnt tell the insurance about previous claims??? or u dont tell them about ur poinnts???

corradoboy 23 February 2008 08:22 PM

If you fail to inform or mislead an insurance company about any details they require as part of your policy then your policy is void, as in NO INSURANCE.

Scoobs are reliable if serviced and maintained to at least the manufacturers recommendations, and of course if they are driven with some mechanical sympathy. In 3 years mine needed 2 exhaust sensors and a wheel bearing, and the bearing was probably my fault for running RE070 tyres on WRX hubs, and the trackdays and serious road driving :lol1:

powerwrx 23 February 2008 08:43 PM

am i right in thinking the 2L sport has around 170 bhp ,im sure ive seen this somewhere

corradoboy 23 February 2008 09:10 PM

Nope, 125PS@5600rpm. Considering the size, weight and AWD drivetrain, a similar sized 90bhp FWD car is as quick if not quicker.

projectsubaru 23 February 2008 09:11 PM

The new ones have near that, but the classics are a lot less somewhere around 120. How much you looking at spending?

corradoboy 23 February 2008 09:20 PM

Later 2.0R gets 158bhp.

Underworld 23 February 2008 10:22 PM

about 2000....
what year the later 2.0R is??
am looking for something like 1998

scatty 23 February 2008 11:32 PM

a scoob is a scoob...and getting a non turbo is still a great way to get into the scene...meet some great folks and eventually buy their well looked after pride and joy off them....i know loads of members who started off with non turbos...go for it.....:thumb: